Browns release TE Gary Barnidge

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

More ammo? No. Equal ammo? Maybe. They have 2 firsts again next year which I assume they'll try and trade straight up for Jimmy G. Rumor has it the Pats* wanted both of them this year but they were unwilling to give up such high picks, I have a feeling theyd be more willing to take a shot at trading their own pick next year with someone like JG at the helm instead of the junk theyve had recently.

Patriots aren;t going to give them Garapolo now for 1st round picks next year.

Would be a very good pickup for the Bills, not just because he was a diamond in the rough for my 2015 fantasy team but because the Bills need a quality second tight end and Barnidge is a pretty good option in my mind. He had a 1000 yard 9 TD performance in 2015 which was an insane year. But even though in 2016 he came down to Earth he still put up more than serviceable numbers for an abysmal Browns team with a pathetic QB situation. 55 catches and 600 plus yards on that team in that situation is pretty good. He had better numbers than Clay had last year if you want to put it into context.

Barnidge and Clay would make a formidable combo that would take a lot of pressure off of the thin WR core and sure up depth at a position the Bills have very little at.

.@AdamSchefter says the Browns tried to deal for Garoppolo last night. @MaryKayCabot expects them to try again today

If they can land Garoppolo that might mean no QB in next years draft so the Bills would only have to suck worse than the Jets and 49ers to get Darnold. :lol:

With Clay, Thomas and O'Leary is TE really even close to being a need?

No, the QB doesn't utilize TE nearly enough.