Top NFL QB Prospects for 2018

PIZ

3 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

.assessment MUCH appreciated bud......maybe I'm reading too much into it, but Beane personally scouted Rudolph twice, first at the WVU game and then his bowl game.....most accounts have him available mid to late 1st or even early 2nd.....wouldn't surprise me if he is Buffalo's safe yet perhaps unsexy pick at 21 or 22...they can then spend their preserved draft capital on OL/DL or DL/OL whichever is the preference versus moving up......................

got it done early for you bud

1 hour ago, kdiggz said:

From what Beane has said in the press, he wants a tall, well built, pocket passing franchise QB.  My guess is they probably have them ranked as Darnold, Allen, Rudolph, White and it just depends on how things play out and who falls.

https://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/what-does-buffalo-bills-gm-brandon-beane-want-at-qb-you-have-to-be-able-to-throw-from-the-pocket

SMOKESCREEN???

3 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

He's definitely that type of player. Electrifying 

but a poor mans vick. Like you said, Vick was built, Lamar is skinnier

i also think vick playing under center gave him a big advantage adjusting to the NFL

But Lamar is extremely physically talented 

Vick was ahead of his time. He wasn’t meant for taking snaps under center. I’d say that Lamar is actually further ahead right now for being a pro prospect because the transition to the pros for a QB of his skill set is easier now that these college concepts are being used.

Aditionally, I think you are getting a much more mature and harder working player (Vick himself would probably admit that). I could see similar early success for Lamar based on these factors, but definitely a downgrade in talent...although still amazing.

4 minutes ago, LEBills said:

Vick was ahead of his time. He wasn’t meant for taking snaps under center. I’d say that Lamar is actually further ahead right now for being a pro prospect because the transition to the pros for a QB of his skill set is easier now that these college concepts are being used.

Aditionally, I think you are getting a much more mature and harder working player (Vick himself would probably admit that). I could see similar early success for Lamar based on these factors, but definitely a downgrade in talent...although still amazing.

If Lamar is willing to work harder than anybody on his team he has a shot.

champions are made when nobody is looking 

by all accounts Vick was a very hard worker at Tech ... but he didn't translate that over once he started making millions 

26 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

I may make a recommendation that WalterFootball be added to the banned list of the ToS.  Utter schlock.

Walter is a despicable person, but Charlie Campbell is pretty well-connected and is generally one of the most accurate mock-draft guys out there.

Edited by DCOrange

On 1/23/2018 at 4:46 PM, JohnC said:

I respectfully but strenuously disagree with your assessment. There is no question that there is a demand for his services. But if he demands top of the pyramid money the suitors are going to vanish. When the cap calculations are tallied signing Cousins (who I like a lot) it will become apparent that a team willing to take a plunge at his asking price is going to be straitjacketed for quite some time. No doubt there are a few qbs that one would mortgage the future for and have it be considered reasonable. However, he is not one of them.

One of the reasons that Cousins is willing to go to the brink with the Redskins is that he wants to get into the market and see what his options are, and he simply wants out. He has the leverage and he is using it. That doesn't mean that he is going to fully distort the market for a player of his good but not elite talents.  

Cousins is on the record saying that winning is important to him, and he wants to win.

If he means it and he's a smart guy, he must be able to see the different impacts that Brady's "pay me, but not too much"  vs. Brees (or now Stafford's) "Top dollar, and worth every penny" payday approach have on the W/L record of their teams.  If he signs for Stafford++ $$ - I don't think his suitors will vanish, I think someone will pay it - but he had best pick very very carefully because under the Salary Cap, they'll be very limited in who else they can pay and retain.

5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Cousins is on the record saying that winning is important to him, and he wants to win.

If he means it and he's a smart guy, he must be able to see the different impacts that Brady's "pay me, but not too much"  vs. Brees (or now Stafford's) "Top dollar, and worth every penny" payday approach have on the W/L record of their teams.  If he signs for Stafford++ $$ - I don't think his suitors will vanish, I think someone will pay it - but he had best pick very very carefully because under the Salary Cap, they'll be very limited in who else they can pay and retain.

Cleveland has one of the largest cap room in the league. I'm confident that if they offered him a "blow away" offer he would take it. He has smartly put himself in a position to repeatedly be franchised and on a yearly basis get top shelf money. Cousins is a smart guy who knows how ruthless the football business is. When he and his agent couldn't get a deal done a couple of years ago with the Redskins (their GM got too cute squeezing the nickel) he and his agent mapped out a strategy to maximize their value. Cousins bet on himself by taking one year deals and forcing the Redskins into a very difficult situation. From my vantage point he is going to the market for a maximum deal. The leverage he has in his grasp is the leverage that he has been using. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.