Top NFL QB Prospects for 2018

PIZ

This is the draft year in which there are maybe four high end qb prospects. Each of them have different appealing attributes. What this franchise can't do is take the mentality of falling into the trap of letting the perfect be the enemy of the good. If option A or B isn't there then go after C. I don't think that Rosen or Darnold  will be attainable. At this point I'm getting intrigued with Mayfield. I see him as a good fit for Buffalo. I also see him as a player who will be ready to get early playing time. 

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, JohnC said:

This is the draft year in which there are maybe four high end qb prospects. Each of them have different appealing attributes. What this franchise can't do is take the mentality of falling into the trap of letting the perfect be the enemy of the good. If option A or B isn't there then go after C. I don't think that Rosen or Darnold  will be attainable. At this point I'm getting intrigued with Mayfield. I see him as a good fit for Buffalo. I also see him as a player who will be ready to get early playing time. 

That is one of the awesome things about this draft. You have 5 great QB prospects coming out and each is very distinct in their positives and weaknesses. We don’t get our pick of the litter, but we will have the chance to get one and build off of what they do excellently. Very excited for this draft.

Of the top 6 QBs, if the Bills are going to be picking from the bottom 3 QBs I’m not sure I want them wasting a first rounder for the leftovers...Rudolph, Allen, and Jackson are big time projects with serious flaws and/or inexperience, and I might wanna go after one of Cousins, Smith, Bridgwater etc instead.

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

Of the top 6 QBs, if the Bills are going to be picking from the bottom 3 QBs I’m not sure I want them wasting a first rounder for the leftovers...Rudolph, Allen, and Jackson are big time projects with serious flaws and/or inexperience, and I might wanna go after one of Cousins, Smith, Bridgwater etc instead.

I could see them going after a Bridgewater and drafting Rudolph. 

Year 1: see if Bridgewater can stay healthy

Year 2: If Bridgewater can’t stay healthy, move to Rudolph. If he can, let him try to become a franchise guy. 

2 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

Bridgewater is to much of risk nor  think he was good enough to be a franchise QB.

Smith makes sense but he old and would not have many years left and would be more of a bridge QB . We would still need to draft one but it wouldn't have to be this year, maybe better candidates can be drafted in the future like Fromm.

Cousins would be good too but makes me wonder if he can be elite.

I think Keenum is still in the mix.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.