Top NFL QB Prospects for 2018

PIZ

I went and scoped some highlights and have come to the conclusion that I was COMPLETELY wrong to doubt this QB class. WOW!

I'm so glad we're not hamstrung by a Watson, Mahomes, Trubisky, etc.

I hope McDermott is as smart as we all hope he is.

I went and scoped some highlights and have come to the conclusion that I was COMPLETELY wrong to doubt this QB class. WOW!

I'm so glad we're not hamstrung by a Watson, Mahomes, Trubisky, etc.

I hope McDermott is as smart as we all hope he is.

I suppose getting an extra first round pick for next year is a good sign.

I wrote that before he was drafted. That won't stop them from getting Darnold. Kizer is a project and should still be in school

Kizer is not a project, he needed another year to develop. I would have preferred he stay at ND one more year, but he didn't. He is capable of starting in 2018.

Seems as though we might need a "2018 NFL Draft Prospects & Discussion" thread.

I got kickers to discuss.

Along these lines Blokes, I don't know if you play Fantasy Football, but in one of my Fantasy Football leagues, each year a guy Drafts TWO Kickers and says, "I need a Kicker for my bench"....the first year we all heard that, we nearly fell on the floor. He's a nice guy but simply cannot make this stuff up....

Along these lines Blokes, I don't know if you play Fantasy Football, but in one of my Fantasy Football leagues, each year a guy Drafts TWO Kickers and says, "I need a Kicker for my bench"....the first year we all heard that, we nearly fell on the floor. He's a nice guy but simply cannot make this stuff up....

I only had one team last year but I did draft both Dustin Hopkins and Dan Bailey. I like my matchups week-to-week and it stops someone else grabbing a top player (ended up #5 & #8 in K rankings in my league).

Super Sleeper right now is Jarrett Stidman...If he has a big year at Auburn he can go one-and-done...

Watched him in the Spring game and I was very impressed...We'll see... B-)

Biggest issue for Stidham is going to be sample size. Auburn typically doesn't pass much more than 300 times a season.

There's definitely something about him worth watching and after Wentz/Trubisky going #2 overall, maybe the NFL cares less about that than I do.

If you want to delve into super-duper sleepers - Richmond's Kyle Lauletta and Chattanooga's Alejandro Bennifield might end up close to the Senior Bowl watch list in a few months.

Edited by Blokestradamus

Why is Darold the top guy? 1 season folks that's it. By the draft Baker Mayfield will have three outstanding seasons under his belt including setting the season record for QB rating (2016).

Mason Rudolph is a choke artist. OU kicks his ass everytime they play. He can't be counted on in big games.

Baker Mayfield folks.

And Manning couldn't beat Florida while at Tennessee. What's your point?

I'm not just saying this because I think Rudolph could be talked about as a sure fired first rounder, but this a silly reason not to like a QB, because he can't beat a certain school.

Thats the last guy Id listen too. Hes an idiot

If it's not mcshay, it's the rest of the scouting field that has basically pegged Darnold as the top signal caller coming into the season.

Now, we have seen guys fall from grace before. We have seen guys shoot up from out of nowhere as well.

But mcshay won't be alone in thinking this class is top tier.

Thank you. Very persuasive. I guess I'll cross McShay off my list.

....why?...can still see Beiber McShay's face snickering during the 2007 draft calling Bflo's selection of Lynch at #12 a "reach of a bust".....better one was Brylcream Mel's tussle with Colts' GM Tobin in 1994 for taking LB Alberts vs Dilfer at #5....Tobin was asked about Mel's rant and deadpan said, "who the hell is he?"....classic......these guys are clowns....

I wonder what will it take to get to the 1st overall pick next year. Would both 2018 firsts and the 19 first be enough, or too much. Depending on where the Bills and KC finish off course.

After years/decades of QB futility I think of be ok with breaking the bank for the top pick.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.