Video proof GM Doug in charge of answering phones

I think the media is making up the Whaley BS especially the BN

When the BN wants to grind an ax they know they can depend upon a group of Bills fans to lap it up, so they spoon feed you

Why would you want Whaley to be retained?

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because it's simply not true. Doug is the GM he does personal. Our new coach coaches. Show me where are new coach is in charge of drafting. It's a complete fabrication of the Buffalo news media. It's simply not true. Terry said so in his last interview.

I see some are still having trouble understanding the nature of collaborative efforts. Perhaps nothing exemplifies that more than the NFL draft.

Im saving my breath (typing) until the end of next week, when Doug will still be employed by the Bills.

Some folks just love to eat the crap the dummies at TBN spew, and are convinced a HC who hasnt even coached a down yet is now in charge of everything. It makes no sense, but it gives them a whipping boy in Whaley.

Not worth arguing because there is no changing their minds. Only thing we can do is sit and wait for reality to happen.

I don't care what we are calling him, GM vs ball boy, he's just as active as he was pre-McD and he's receiving a paycheck commensurate of a GM. He's never had absolute final say and neither does McD. Pegs meddles. He has the final say.

As for Whaley, even in his current capacity, neutered or not, he still does good work, especially with pro personnel. If he wants to walk, he's going to have to quit and Pegs will be off the hook for his salary.

Given Pegs and Whaleys MO I find it hard to believe they would have traded back. There is no way I don't see both of these guys wanting to do something flashy with the 10th pick. I'm not saying Whaley isn't in charge. I'm just saying that McDermott had a major influence. Isn't it obvious that' Rex had a major influence on the draft while he was here? Our drafts with Rex looked just like the Jets drafts with him.

all rumors. I heard it from Terry's own mouth a few weeks ago. Doug is not going anywhere he just signed him to a 4 year contract. Stop embarrassing your self. Love the hate by Bills media & Buffalo News but it's just wishful thinking.

Doug has final say so over the draft and building the Roster. So says Terry with the 4 year contract he gave him.

Sure they work together but Doug is the guy who makes the final decision on who to draft and what guys to sign as free agents and undrafted rookies. What don't you understand about this. He has Terry's authoritie to do it along with his new 4 year contract. Our new coach is no one yet. He is a rookie no way he has final say so. Doug does not answer to him only to Terry. Just like the coach he answers to Terry and Kim. Stop listening to WGR and the Buffalo news. Go watch Terry's last interview

Wait, a "new" 4 year contract, you say?

It was signed almost 16 months ago....

You are an embarrassment for listening to WGR and the Buffalo News. Next you be quoting Bills news from the National inquirier. Go back and listen to the guy who owns the team. Listen to what he says out of his own mouth. That's the truth stop embarrassing you self with these rumors

You mean like when he said this in the middle of last season?:

“Our coach needs to know that, through the good and the bad, there’s stability. The players need to know there’s stability,” Pegula said. “And by the way, that doesn’t help our players any to start reading that their coach is going to get fired.”

Right. After four years of working under the modus operandi of instant gratification, Doug "Win Now" Whaley -- with his job seemingly in jeopardy -- does a complete 180 and decides to start building for the future. Sure. :lol:

I don't know what's more entertaining -- the draft, or the Doug Whaley apologists trying to convince themselves that he's still calling the shots. If somebody wants to set the odds on how many times we hear the word "collaborative" in the next month, I would like to bet the over.

Right. After four years of working under the modus operandi of instant gratification, Doug "Win Now" Whaley -- with his job seemingly in jeopardy -- does a complete 180 and decides to start building for the future. Sure. :lol:

I don't know what's more entertaining -- the draft, or the Doug Whaley apologists trying to convince themselves that he's still calling the shots. If somebody wants to set the odds on how many times we hear the word "collaborative" in the next month, I would like to bet the over.

You mean like when he traded down when he was picking a QB in 2013?

The team was different in 2014 and 2015. They had a top D assembled and just needed to get the offense to click. Rex was supposed to pick up where Marrone left off. It was much more a win-now scenario than when they bring in a new HC and re-vamp the culture and team.

No matter how many times our owner, GM, and HC tell the fans and the media that they have a unique structure whereby they make group decisions folks have to make up their own experts narrative how it works, lol

Again, all their off season moves are made together, the trades, the draft selections, the cuts, and the signings, but if you still feel the need to attribute each move to someone, feel free, but then you have a misunderstanding how they actually work, just saying...

But yes if at some point our owner feels there would be a better partnership by replacing someone on the team he will do so, but remember that new person will have to work with the Pegs structure, in terms of a new GM, that will greatly restrict interest...

jc

Im saving my breath (typing) until the end of next week, when Doug will still be employed by the Bills.

Some folks just love to eat the crap the dummies at TBN spew, and are convinced a HC who hasnt even coached a down yet is now in charge of everything. It makes no sense, but it gives them a whipping boy in Whaley.

Not worth arguing because there is no changing their minds. Only thing we can do is sit and wait for reality to happen.

Amen!

Notice that there are a few here who are already beginning to sell nails for McDermott's coffin - my dear GOD!

http://www.rochesterfirst.com/sports/nfl/nfl-buffalo/mcdermott-preps-for-his-first-draft/695114050

McDermott preps for his first draft

Question remains, who gets the final say?

By: Dan Fetes

Posted: Apr 20, 2017 04:49 PM EDT

Updated: Apr 20, 2017 04:49 PM EDT

Orchard Park - With all the change in the Bills organization over the last few months, one thing remains the same. Who gets the final say?

First year head coach Sean McDermott is preparing for his first draft and addressed the media today and NOT general manager Doug Whaley.

While McDermott confirmed that Whaley has complete control of the 53 man roster it was unclear as to who gets the final call in the war room on draft night.

McDermott added that owner Terry Pegula will have also have a voice in the decision on picks but said that the final call will come down to Whaley and himself.

But what if they disagree? McDermott's answer seemed unclear.

"At the end of the day we agree at the end of it all. That's what we do. Iron sharpens iron at the end of the day, so we say this is how I feel, this is how you feel and we hammer it out, if it takes all day. Thats what great teams do they have healthy conversation and they continue to hammer things out because at the end of the day if you do that you come to the right decision for the football team."

The problem is the Bills wont have 'all day' to agree.

Whoever makes the final call and whenever that decision is made McDermott wants their draft pick to be like his vehicle.

"If you go out in the parking lot and look at my car and the type of car I drive I think you'll see I'm not into flash. I drive a pick up truck but I like to put armor-all on the tires every once in a while also right. We're going to pick a guy for the right seasons where there's flash on him whether there's armor-all on those tires or not is a bonus I guess," said McDermott.

While that's the only rational position to take, I am fully aware that people will still insist on their own reality.

http://www.rochesterfirst.com/sports/nfl/nfl-buffalo/mcdermott-preps-for-his-first-draft/695114050

McDermott preps for his first draft

Question remains, who gets the final say?

By: Dan Fetes

Posted: Apr 20, 2017 04:49 PM EDT

Updated: Apr 20, 2017 04:49 PM EDT

Orchard Park - With all the change in the Bills organization over the last few months, one thing remains the same. Who gets the final say?

First year head coach Sean McDermott is preparing for his first draft and addressed the media today and NOT general manager Doug Whaley.

While McDermott confirmed that Whaley has complete control of the 53 man roster it was unclear as to who gets the final call in the war room on draft night.

McDermott added that owner Terry Pegula will have also have a voice in the decision on picks but said that the final call will come down to Whaley and himself.

But what if they disagree? McDermott's answer seemed unclear.

"At the end of the day we agree at the end of it all. That's what we do. Iron sharpens iron at the end of the day, so we say this is how I feel, this is how you feel and we hammer it out, if it takes all day. Thats what great teams do they have healthy conversation and they continue to hammer things out because at the end of the day if you do that you come to the right decision for the football team."

The problem is the Bills wont have 'all day' to agree.

Whoever makes the final call and whenever that decision is made McDermott wants their draft pick to be like his vehicle.

"If you go out in the parking lot and look at my car and the type of car I drive I think you'll see I'm not into flash. I drive a pick up truck but I like to put armor-all on the tires every once in a while also right. We're going to pick a guy for the right seasons where there's flash on him whether there's armor-all on those tires or not is a bonus I guess," said McDermott.

Yep. And while McDermott was addressing the media, Whaley was working the phones and laying the groundwork for potential deals, like the one consummated last night. You know, like a real GM does at this time of year. Something tells me Whaley is relieved not to have to deal with some of the bozos passing themselves off as reporters in the Buffalo media.

While that's the only rational position to take, I am fully aware that people will still insist on their own reality.

Yep. And while McDermott was addressing the media, Whaley was working the phones and laying the groundwork for potential deals, like the one consummated last night. You know, like a real GM does at this time of year. Something tells me Whaley is relieved not to have to deal with some of the bozos passing themselves off as reporters in the Buffalo media.

How dare the media or fans question anything OBD does. They are the model for every other NFL organization to follow. Just look at the results. SMH

How dare the media or fans question anything OBD does. They are the model for every other NFL organization to follow. Just look at the results. SMH

They're neither the best nor the worst. Here's to stability and a vision they can execute towards being a successful franchise on a consistent basis.

Sorry, Jerry.

Point proven.

They're neither the best nor the worst. Here's to stability and a vision they can execute towards being a successful franchise on a consistent basis.

I think the Pegulas got it right with McDermott. I think they also should have emptied the management of anything RW. The results speak for themselves. But some continue to genuflect at everything the old regime does, despite the results.

Point proven.

You prove nothing. You take every criticism of some in the media as tacit approval of everything One Bills Drive does. That's patently incorrect.

I've asked you several times to expand on your points but you insist on keeping up with your little hit and run snark.

You are now dismissed.

You prove nothing. You take every criticism of some in the media as tacit approval of everything One Bills Drive does. That's patently incorrect.

I've asked you several times to expand on your points but you insist on keeping up with your little hit and run snark.

You are now dismissed.

lol I don't even like Jerry Sullivan. You're the type who blames the losing on the media and the fanbase.

lol I don't even like Jerry Sullivan. You're the type who blames the losing on the media and the fanbase.

Wrong again. The media have nothing to do with winning and losing. In fact, they having nothing to do with anything they choose to cover or not.

They do, however, have a responsibility to conduct themselves in a professional manner and there are some in the Buffalo pool who don't know the meaning of the word.

I think we're done here. You have resisted previous invitations for further explanation of your views and to engage in meaningful give and take, but as I said earlier, you have refused to do that for whatever reason.

Good luck.

Wrong again. The media have nothing to do with winning and losing. In fact, they having nothing to do with anything they choose to cover or not.

They do, however, have a responsibility to conduct themselves in a professional manner and there are some in the Buffalo pool who don't know the meaning of the word.

I think we're done here. You have resisted previous invitations for further explanation of your views and to engage in meaningful give and take, but as I said earlier, you have refused to do that for whatever reason.

Good luck.

You can't have give and take with someone who genuflects to everything OBD. Sorry. I liked Whaley for a bit but he lost me last season. A GM that pushes EJ on two different coaching staffs and declares that he had the "it" factor loses me. Esp when he wanted the best QB we have had in awhile with Taylor, not starting.

You can't have give and take with someone who genuflects to everything OBD. Sorry. I liked Whaley for a bit but he lost me last season. A GM that pushes EJ on two different coaching staffs and declares that he had the "it" factor loses me. Esp when he wanted the best QB we have had in awhile with Taylor, not starting.

That's rich. Utterly incorrect, but rich none the less. Not rising to irrational levels of anger, disgust, and even hatred but relying on informed opinion instead is the same as genuflecting? Not in my world. I've had enough of this. Enjoy the bitchfest.

all rumors. I heard it from Terry's own mouth a few weeks ago. Doug is not going anywhere he just signed him to a 4 year contract. Stop embarrassing your self. Love the hate by Bills media & Buffalo News but it's just wishful thinking.

This is clearly the most likely and reasonable truth. I scratch my head as to why so many are stuck/ too simple-minded to think this is not a group decision. It's baffling

A lot of folks here (and at the BN) have missed a critical point. The Bills hired a new media chief because things were going sideways....when Whaley spoke and in other circumstances as well. The new guy, imho, is saying, get a reset and use the new coach to do that as the face of the franchise. But the media guys seem to be putting an awful lot of cred on the fact that McD has been doing the talking. I , for one, don't read Whaley's departure into that scenrio. I see a new media chief doing his job well. And, I am getting awfullly tired of the drumbeat from the BN on the Whaley issue. Time will tell, but, I am not a all sure the big moves advertised in BN and in some of the national media are going to take place.

I think this video does show that DW is doing his job.

Edited by bigK14094

A lot of folks here (and at the BN) have missed a critical point. The Bills hired a new media chief because things were going sideways....when Whaley spoke and in other circumstances as well. The new guy, imho, is saying, get a reset and use the new coach to do that as the face of the franchise. But the media guys seem to be putting an awful lot of cred on the fact that McD has been doing the talking. I , for one, don't read Whaley's departure into that scenrio. I see a new media chief doing his job well. And, I am getting awfullly tired of the drumbeat from the BN on the Whaley issue. Time will tell, but, I am not a all sure the big moves advertised in BN and in some of the national media are going to take place.

We'll know on Sunday.

I think you may be on to something here. Whaley is a disaster dealing with the media, especially in uncontrolled, highly charged settings; just terrible. One of the worst. I get the impression he's relieved. And HCs are the face of the franchise, after all. And McDermott's cool demeanor lends itself well to the position. At least so far. It will be interesting to see how he deals with his first truly negative situation.

I think you may be on to something here. Whaley is a disaster dealing with the media, especially in uncontrolled, highly charged settings; just terrible. One of the worst. I get the impression he's relieved. And HCs are the face of the franchise, after all. And McDermott's cool demeanor lends itself well to the position. At least so far. It will be interesting to see how he deals with his first truly negative situation.

Definitely not his strength. The one voice policy has been translated into one voice of power by the media types (as well as some on TBD) who were all in on Whaley being fired along with Rex. They were even more determined after the Whaley Presser fiasco as evidenced by interpreting body language and how many times McDermott says I instead of we.

You are now dismissed.

The Ignore List is your friend.

watch this video with the KC GM. He talks about how he had a gentleman's agreement with our GM a week out before this trade was made. See how this whole thing went down. See why the QB position is the most important commodity there is and how to value it

Great video. http://www.chiefs.com/media-center/videos/John_Dorsey_Confident_in_Choice_of_Patrick_Mahomes_II/32100dc7-55ac-476f-a128-51f0998d6c5d

McDermott's draft, not Whaley.