Video proof GM Doug in charge of answering phones

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

doug isn't even allowed out in public....he's an embarrassment

rex had a 5 year contract....until he didn't

You are an embarrassment for listening to WGR and the Buffalo News. Next you be quoting Bills news from the National inquirier. Go back and listen to the guy who owns the team. Listen to what he says out of his own mouth. That's the truth stop embarrassing you self with these rumors Edited by billsareback

I see some are still having trouble understanding the nature of collaborative efforts. Perhaps nothing exemplifies that more than the NFL draft.

....and they never will k-9. When consensus decisions are made they can't blame someone if it doesn't work. People have made up their mind that Whaley is terrible so he can't get credit but he can get blame. It is really tough for people when the credit and blame is shared. They hate that!! There has to be a good guy and a bad guy.

The general understanding of how the draft process works is at about a 1st grade level. That is in large part because of the media. There are DOZENS of people involved in a decision like this. Whaley ultimately has the final call but he isn't doing anything without buy in from the group. That is the same in any and all cases. No one is going rogue. If it works the Bills deserve credit, and when it doesn't the Bills deserve criticism.

I honestly believe that front office structure is the topic that people generally understand the least.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Did you here the KC GM mention out head coach in that video above. No he did not. It's about his dealings with doug and how this took place over 1 weeks time. So just stop your embarrassing your self.

even if moving on from doug, i would assume they dont have him locked in a janitor closet. he would still be contributing to the draft.

working the phone could be anyone in a major role with negotiation skills and basic parameters given. hence many werent upset when Russ was on the phone with other teams once upon a time -- because that isnt a big football decision.

im not saying that doug is GONE... but i dont think this proves hes secure and running the show without strings attached either.

Whaley is gone, no longer in power. Obviously Whaley is making the calls. McDermott has to coach. Believe me McDermott was in on it. And had to sign off

so which is it Whaley is no longer in charge, or Whaley is making all the calls. It's a complete joke, if Whaley was going to be gone he would not be having conversations with the KC GM a week out. Also he would not be involved in the draft. I can't believe your falling for that bull crap coming from WGR and the Buffalo News media. He does not need to get any thing signed off on by the new rookie head coach. Yes he speaks and confers with him. He just has to let Terry know what he is about to do.

....and they never will k-9. When consensus decisions are made they can't blame someone if it doesn't work. People have made up their mind that Whaley is terrible so he can't get credit but he can get blame. It is really tough for people when the credit and blame is shared. They hate that!! There has to be a good guy and a bad guy.

The general understanding of how the draft process works is at about a 1st grade level. That is in large part because of the media. There are DOZENS of people involved in a decision like this. Whaley ultimately has the final call but he isn't doing anything without buy in from the group. That is the same in any and all cases. No one is going rogue. If it works the Bills deserve credit, and when it doesn't the Bills deserve criticism.

I honestly believe that front office structure is the topic that people generally understand the least.

id agree... its to some degree easy to get, but complex to evaluate as a fan. behind the scenes im sure the powers that be develop feelings on whos responsible for what and where things went wrong but they are doing it with access to info we will never really have.

all we can do is try to read between the lines a bit based on the limited view we get, general understanding of industry standards, and applying some hindsight to take guesses at the narratives that led to the decisions.

This is literally true. It's been many years since I've been in a war room and I know much has changed in that time, but the general dynamics are still in play. And we can bet that Whaley was having discussions with other GMs as well so and when we factor in those teams' personnel weighing in, it adds up to those dozens you mention.

Whaley did well here and I can imagine it wasn't easy for a D-minded coach like McDermott to pass on several blue chip defenders. Looks like both are thinking long term, which is good.

You are an embarrassment for listening to WGR and the Buffalo News. Next you be quoting Bills news from the National inquirier. Go back and listen to the guy who owns the team. Listen to what he says out of his own mouth. That's the truth stop embarrassing you self with these rumors

first of all, we don't attack each other around here. you want to disagree that's fine.

Q: When it comes time to make that pick at 10 whose final call will that be?

A: It's going to be a group effort.

Q: Is that some where every pick will be a group consensus?

A: I think the answer I just gave you. Obviously when I say it's a group effort. It's just like everything else most businesses do in their life. If somebody feels more strongly about something than somebody else than maybe you lean in that direction.

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2017/03/terry_pegula_discusses_doug_whaley_buffalo_bills_stadium_more_at_nfl_owners_meet.html

(nowhere in Pegula's statement does he make it crystal clear doug in charge) absent that, I infer he isn't.

I know nothing, but imo, Doug is sticking around, but I could see McD having a say in re-working/adjusting the scouting makeup. I bet Doug and McD work well together, frankly.

even if they want to make a change going in -- i think tpegs might be swayed reading the high grades and strongly positive feedback this morning.

From the same interview

There was a report that Sean wants to bring in some of his own guys for the front office. Would you be open to Sean bringing in his own people for the front office?

A: I don't know where that report came from. It's erroneous.

I

Doug is in charge and his 4 year contract proves that. along with the video from the KC GM I posted above. How do you not get this

Did you here the KC GM mention out head coach in that video above. No he did not. It's about his dealings with doug and how this took place over 1 weeks time. So just stop your embarrassing your self.

That's the second time in this thread you accused someone of embarrasing themselves. Yeah... You actually said that to someone else, after all the nonsense and namecalling you have partaken in over the last 12ish hours, I'm quite shocked you are still around to even make this thread.

You claiming to know for sure is just as bad as other claiming the opposite is true for sure. There is no proof either way just conjecture, or else everybody would believe the same thing. But go on with your crusade of insults and condescension, a mod will shut you down at some point.

i can't wait for a week to go by. When Whaley is still around people will be having kittens.

Whaley is gone, no longer in power. Obviously Whaley is making the calls. McDermott has to coach. Believe me McDermott was in on it. And had to sign off

What is your source? Stop passing your opinion as fact.

From the same interview

There was a report that Sean wants to bring in some of his own guys for the front office. Would you be open to Sean bringing in his own people for the front office?

A: I don't know where that report came from. It's erroneous.

I
Doug is in charge and his 4 year contract proves that. along with the video from the KC GM I posted above. How do you not get this

Some people just dont' get it. They dont' believe anything out of the coaches mouth or Owner. They would rather believe conspiracy theories. I heard that the moon landing was faked.

I don't care what we are calling him, GM vs ball boy, he's just as active as he was pre-McD and he's receiving a paycheck commensurate of a GM. He's never had absolute final say and neither does McD. Pegs meddles. He has the final say.

As for Whaley, even in his current capacity, neutered or not, he still does good work, especially with pro personnel. If he wants to walk, he's going to have to quit and Pegs will be off the hook for his salary.

Edited by Saint Doug