Bills looking to move down: rapoport

Even more importantly, he had 15 receptions on 17 targets along with 3 TDs in his final two games with Taylor last season. And on one of those non-catches, it was blatant interference by Miami against him in the end zone that wasn't called.

Would have had another TD in the finale if the one hop rule applied

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean 552 yards? Come on man.

Now there's a compelling argument: "come on man". Doesn't get any more detailed or accurate than that!

How about a little context to spoil the diatribe?

He lead the team in receptions with 57, which ranked 12th among TEs in the NFL. Not bad for a team that passes less than the other 31 franchises.

Why are you so stuck on the idea that the team can't run a pass play without having a TE lined up next to Mills? They did it all year long last year.

Not sure if you saw 2016, but he lead the team in receptions.

Don't let your facts get in the way of a good crusade

I really hope this is true. Nobody at 10 excites me and the opportunity to grab more picks in a deep draft is a wise decision.

As deep as this draft is, I don't see a large margin of talent drop off from #11 - 64 There are maybe 7 "clean" athletes in this draft. But as deep as it is I want more picks.

I really hope this is true. Nobody at 10 excites me and the opportunity to grab more picks in a deep draft is a wise decision.

Seems highly unlikely they have a partner 4 hours before the draft; no one knows yet who will be available at 10. Unless it's some sort of contingent, handshake deal...

As deep as this draft is, I don't see a large margin of talent drop off from #11 - 64 There are maybe 7 "clean" athletes in this draft. But as deep as it is I want more picks.

Yep, according to one team, there are at least 80 players in this draft with starting grades, an unheard of number. And the depth is in areas of need--DB, RB, WR

Having a trade down partner before the draft starts sounds good, but it all depends on who is left on the board at 10 for any of this to happen. There are just too many scenarios that can screw it up.

I love the idea of trading down overall. This really is a deep draft and with a new regime we're going to need bodies.

Sorry, but I think that's some serious hyperbole there.

You won't be able to get guys like Reddick, Foster, Davis, Njoku, Lamp, Bolles, Ramczyk, etc. in round 2.

end of the season matters more with regard to predictions re next season. He was fully integrated into the offense in the last part of the season. He and Taylor were clicking.

LOL

Well if it takes a TE 2 years to intergrate and yes there was a OC change. But nothing of major substance. I am still not impressed. As for his knee issue. Others have used. Well once again that falls on OBD before they signed him.

And if not for the insane contract OBD handed Clay. Which is as close as you can get too a no cut contract in the league. I would argue Howard would be way up on the Bills first round board. And Clay would be traded or cut. He is better than Chandler, but sadly only in his blocking skills.

In the end I hope he lights it up this year.Since I doubt the Bills want Howard all that much.

Sorry, but I think that's some serious hyperbole there.

You won't be able to get guys like Reddick, Foster, Davis, Njoku, Lamp, Bolles, Ramczyk, etc. in round 2.

Those are just names. The draft is and has always been, made in the 2nd round on. I say load up on the depth in this draft with more picks

Edited by KellyToughII

No, this is what you'll end up seeing:

TV announcer: Tyrod Taylor in the shotgun. Bills going 4 wide with Watkins, Chris Godwin (just a hypothetical), Clay and Howard. There's the snap. Taylor under pressure right off the bat and down he goes! Kony Ealey just flew past Jordan Mills for the sack on Tyrod Taylor. It wasn't even close.

Except you don't split the TE's wide. You line them up close, show run. Motion the flexed guy on the left and jam up Ealey on the way by to give MIlls a chance on the right. Get a LBs on one of those monster TEs and that's a mismatch and that's a long play.