Bridgewater likely a FA in 2018

Yes, because Bridgewater spent 5 years as the backup he was drafted to be.

TT isn't remotely close to Bridgewater.

What the hell are you talking about, old man? It's a Bridgewater thread.

please post a link with video evidence because I haven't seen it

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is slightly better than EJ Manuel, but on a team with a consistently good D and had AP. He's purely an ESPN sweetheart. I've seen a enough Vikings games to know bills game would hate him.

Teddy is not and has never been a run first QB.

I know he's black.

He's not a throwing QB either. I'm not the biggest supporter of Tyrod, but Teddy "Checkdowns" Bridgewater couldn't carry his jock to the field. He's just a nice guy that isn't a tire fire so he gets talked up - see Trent Edwards his first two years starting. Edited by Elite Poster

What a shame, such a nice kid, one of the very few QB''s I was rooting for to succeed, just a tough break , but this happens to tons of college players every year.

At least Teddy got that first contract money.

He reminded me of an upgraded Trent Edwards to be honest...

Hypothetically, Am I the only one that would take Tyrod over a Healthy Bridgewater?

Anyway, I'm certain some teams will take a flier on him if and we'd hen he becomes healthy

What a shame, such a nice kid, one of the very few QB''s I was rooting for to succeed, just a tough break , but this happens to tons of college players every year.

At least Teddy got that first contract money.

He reminded me of an upgraded Trent Edwards to be honest...

Hypothetically, Am I the only one that would take Tyrod over a Healthy Bridgewater?

Anyway, I'm certain some teams will take a flier on him if and we'd hen he becomes healthy

I'll take Tyrod.

But wish Teddy all the best!

He is slightly better than EJ Manuel, but on a team with a consistently good D and had AP. He's purely an ESPN sweetheart. I've seen a enough Vikings games to know bills game would hate him.

He's not a throwing QB either. I'm not the biggest supporter of Tyrod, but Teddy "Checkdowns" Bridgewater couldn't carry his jock to the field. He's just a nice guy that isn't a tire fire so he gets talked up - see Trent Edwards his first two years starting.

Missed this post. Dude I couldn't agree more. Very well said. You put Tyrod on that team for the last two years, and I think they would have had a legit shot at making a deep playoff run.

Vikes aren't going to take up his option for 2018. He'll be a risky backup plan for QB in 2018.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/857225914920423425

Not taking up his fifth year option and "likely a FA in 2018" are two wildly different things.

We're not taking Sammy's fifth year option. If it looks like a good decision, we'll work hard at re-signing him during or after the year.

I'll believe Bridgewater is available when I see it.

He's not a throwing QB either. I'm not the biggest supporter of Tyrod, but Teddy "Checkdowns" Bridgewater couldn't carry his jock to the field. He's just a nice guy that isn't a tire fire so he gets talked up - see Trent Edwards his first two years starting.

The difference being Bridgewater has been in the league for three years and Tyrod for six. Meaning Tyrod has most likely approached his ceiling and Bridgewater could easily take a huge leap.

Last time we saw Bridgewater was his second year. During which his YPA and completion percentage were better than Tyrod's in his sixth year. And his passer rating was very comparable. Also, Teddy in his two years of play has more fourth quarter comebacks and game winning drives than Tyrod in his last two years.

I take Bridgewater in a heartbeat, though Tyrod was maybe a bit better last time we saw both of them.

Doubt Bridgewater will be available, though.

Edited by Thurman#1

Not taking up his fifth year option and "likely a FA in 2018" are two wildly different things.

We're not taking Sammy's fifth year option. If it looks like a good decision, we'll work hard at re-signing him during or after the year.

I'll believe Bridgewater is available when I see it.

The difference being Bridgewater has been in the league for three years and Tyrod for six. Meaning Tyrod has most likely approached his ceiling and Bridgewater could easily take a huge leap.

Last time we saw Bridgewater was his second year. During which his YPA and completion percentage were better than Tyrod's in his sixth year. And his passer rating was very comparable. Also, Teddy in his two years of play has more fourth quarter comebacks and game winning drives than Tyrod in his last two years.

I take Bridgewater in a heartbeat, though Tyrod was maybe a bit better last time we saw both of them.

Doubt Bridgewater will be available, though.

The "4th quarter comeback" stat makes Mark Sanchez look very good.

• 2 weeks later...

I would make a move to get AJ McCarron before I gave a injured Bridgewater a chance.

Yep. Just say no to a QB who's body type is one that nearly had his career completely derailed due to a non-contact injury. Not to mention he was extremely average at best up to that point anyway.

• 2 months later...

I would actually take a shot on Bridgewater if the Knee checks out.

Still doesn't stop me from drafting a QB though

That must have been one NASTY injury!

Yep it was

Will Carroll

@injuryexpert

Source confirms tibiofemoral dislocation, ruptured ACL for Bridgewater. "Trainers may have saved his leg and career by quick action."

Will Carroll

@injuryexpert

Tibiofemoral dislocation ... basically, Bridgewater's femur (upper leg) went off the tibia (shin, lower leg.) Yeah.

https://www.google.com/search?q=tibiofemoral+dislocation&safe=off&rlz=1CAACAG_enUS617US617&espv=2&biw=1366&bih=631&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjg69WZ8OvOAhXEXB4KHTlpAVkQsAQIIg

Doctors said Bridgewater didn’t have any nerve or arterial damage, and considering the severe bone displacement associated with the injury, we’re stunned that he avoided such issues.

Remember, this was a non-contact injury, so from the information we have, Bridgewater’s knee essentially exploded just from him running around. Credit is due to the Minnesota trainers, because to go from nearly losing your leg to a long-term prognosis of returning to football is an amazing turnaround.