Bridgewater likely a FA in 2018

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't his playing career still in jeopardy at this time? I thought people were saying that they still don't know if he will ever play again.

With the 5th year option being guaranteed for injury, I can see why the Vikings may not want to pick it up. But that doesn't mean they won't re-sign him if he's able to come back and play again.

I think he'll re-sign with the Vikings on a low cost, 1 year "prove it" deal when his contract is up. "Unfinished business" and "I wanna stay with my guys" and all that.

Meh.

IMO Bridgewater will get the most amount of money guaranteed as possible for himself as he may never get another chance due to potential injury limitations and regression.

I don't think this kid will ever play in a regular season NFL game again. I find it sad, because he seems like a good kid with some real talent.

i hate to speculate without any real info -- but even healthy i have to think itll be tough to make a meaningful comeback as a young qb away from the game for 2 years. its got to effect the development curve for a guy, right?

IMO Bridgewater will get the most amount of money guaranteed as possible for himself as he may never get another chance due to potential injury limitations and regression.

Seems pretty unlikely any team will give him much, if any, guaranteed money given the severity of his injury.

I think he'll re-sign with the Vikings on a low cost, 1 year "prove it" deal when his contract is up. "Unfinished business" and "I wanna stay with my guys" and all that.

Meh.

That would be the dumbest thing he could possibly do in my opinion. He should get as much money as he can with this contract. This could very well be his last. He needs to think about his non-football future which may not be that far off.

Yes.

Edited by Mark80

That would be the dumbest thing he could possibly do in my opinion. He should get as much money as he can with this contract. This could very well be his last. He needs to think about his non-football future which may not be that far off.

Yes.

The dumbest thing any team could do is offer him "much money".

Nothing he can do about that.

Seems pretty unlikely any team will give him much, if any, guaranteed money given the severity of his injury.

I disagree. Teams are desperate for QBs. Someone will give him decent money to take a chance on him. Look how much cap space the Browns have this year. You don't think they would be willing to risk 5-10M of that on a front loaded 2 year deal for him or 1 year with option?

Edited by Mark80