Sal M: no QB in first.

JM2009

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Cianaf

The Bills have no WRs, an old RB, gaping hole at right tackle and a defense that needs to be rebuilt, yet they're gonna move up for a QB!

If I were GM, I'd probably be hated more than Whaley -- I'd be looking to do something like the following for Day 1 & 2:

#10 Pat Mahomes

#44 Sidney Jones (he'll go in the second on the basis of latest medical reports, imo.)

#75 Chris Godwin (probably won't last, but since this is fantasy land anyway.)

Unless you want to burn a first on RT, this is not the draft for offensive lineman.

Deep RB class means you can get a good one as late as the fifth.

If I were GM, I'd probably be hated more than Whaley -- I'd be looking to do something like the following for Day 1 & 2:

#10 Pat Mahomes

#44 Sidney Jones (he'll go in the second on the basis of latest medical reports, imo.)

Unless you want to burn a first on RT, this is not the draft for offensive lineman.

Yup, I hate you already.

Atlanta saved all their 3 and outs for when they needed to ice the Super Bowl with a freaking 25 POINT LEAD!!!

MVP

MVP

MVP

MVP

When you NEED a drive you need your QB to get it done. The difference is that NE can go 3 and out 6 times then score a TD their next 4 drives in a given game.

Edited by TheFunPolice

Atlanta saved all their 3 and outs for when they needed to ice the Super Bowl with a freaking 25 POINT LEAD!!!

MVP

MVP

MVP

MVP

When you NEED a drive you need your QB to get it done. The difference is that NE can go 3 and out 6 times then score a TD their next 4 drives in a given game.

So can any team. The Pats just took what the Falcons foolishly gave them. They lost because of their hilariously bad play calling, refusing to run the ball to ice the game.

#10 Pat Mahomes

You're hired.

Isn't it funny....

Seattle and Atlanta run the ball and Brady is 3-4 in the SB still great to be sure, but not the same.

Instead, they pass and he is UNDENIABLY the GOAT.

Perhaps in they eyes of some , but not me. Instead he is now the beneficiary of the TWO greatest choke jobs in SB history, where teams literally gave away a championship that was in the bag trying to look "cute" on Sportscenter.

We have had top defenses in the past, we have had the top rushing attack, we have seen 7th rounders become three time 1,000 yard WRs and cult heroes like Freddy Jackson become one of the better runners in the league, etc...

Yet, despite having all that, we never had a QB who could put us over the top.

I have been against QB for awhile because I don't believe any are worth going that high, however, I don't agree with others reasoning for passing.

If the Bills feel the talent is there, if rather them take an opportunity.

#10 Pat Mahomes

Thats a pretty good list

And why do they rely on the run? Tyrod has had two different coordinators and neither had any desire to put the ball in Tyrod's hands as a passer. Roman talked about opening up the offense after 2015 and he got fired after 2 games in 2016. Lynn smartly simplified the offense and kept the ball out of Tyrod's hands as a passer. When Tyrod was forced to throw the ball in close games or in the 4th quarter we all saw the results. Not pretty.

if Dennison tries to pass the ball too much with Tyrod he will be the next out the door.

Yeah... that's why the very first game Lynn coached against Arizona he called 8 passing plays and 2 running plays in the first 10 plays (1 of those running plays being a designed run by Taylor) and 13 passing plays and 7 running plays in the first 20 plays (with 2 of those 7 runs being designed runs by Taylor) and the 2nd game he coached in Foxborough was clearly a pass-centric offense with Taylor passing the ball 39 times and getting his first victory when passing more than 30 times.

Yeah... Lynn's goal was totally to keep the ball out of Tyrod's hands as a passer.

Yeah... that's why the very first game Lynn coached against Arizona he called 8 passing plays and 2 running plays in the first 10 plays (1 of those running plays being a designed run by Taylor) and 13 passing plays and 7 running plays in the first 20 plays (with 2 of those 7 runs being designed runs by Taylor) and the 2nd game he coached in Foxborough was clearly a pass-centric offense with Taylor passing the ball 39 times and getting his first victory when passing more than 30 times.

Yeah... Lynn's goal was totally to keep the ball out of Tyrod's hands as a passer.

We did finish the year with the least amount of pass attempts.

Are we going to pretend our passing game wasn't abysmal? You'd think a great running game would help that aspect of the offense right?

There is really nothing that can sway people on this. Tyrod didn't throw the ball because of Roman, Lynn, great running game, Rex Ryan, etc

He is an untapped treasure.

Are we going to pretend our passing game wasn't abysmal? You'd think a great running game would help that aspect of the offense right?

If you define the passing game solely in terms of volume, which apparently a number of posters here do, then yeah, Buffalo's passing game was at the bottom of the league.

Is that really how a passing game should be defined, though? Look at passing attempts and passing yards and then pass judgment...?