Sal M: no QB in first.

JM2009

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, fix the defense, why pick someone at 10 that'll ride the bench for a year or 2,, at 10 you can get a starter on defense that can contribute right away

Because this is the ideal situation to let a rookie sit, since we have Tyrod. Most of these college QBs aren't ready to start ... and we can actually afford to let them sit till they are ready at the moment. Would you rather us draft a rookie QB in a year when we need him to start, increasing the likelihood of his failure? Yes, we have many other areas of need, but this is an ideal situation to take a young QB. Some would point to a better crop next year, we have enough talent on this team to keep finishing around 6-10 - 8-8 ... we are never going to be drafting first overall to get someone like Darnold.

Edited by essential

Because this is the ideal situation to let a rookie sit, since we have Tyrod. Most of these college QBs aren't ready to start ... and we can actually afford to let them sit till they are ready at the moment. Would you rather us draft a rookie QB in a year when we need him to start, increasing the likelihood of his failure? Yes, we have many other areas of need, but this is an ideal situation to take a young QB. Some would point to a better crop next year, we have enough talent on this team to keep finishing around 6-10 - 8-8 ... we are never going to be drafting first overall to get someone like Darnold.

So, kick Cardale to the curb? Is he already a bust?

Draft one in a later round. It would be ok at 10 if the roster didn't have so many needs-when doesn't it under Whaley?

Oh no! Should I rethink my views on this? The WNY media is lining up with my views. Maybe I am wrong on not taking a QB.

Sal M isn't as bad as the Buffalo media.

I think this was Sal C, who has a little insight and idea about football. This is nothing more than a guy who is probably a poster here.

Sal Maiorana has been covering the Bills for 25 years for the Rochester media.

You have no concrete basis for saying this. You, like the draft "experts", are making an educated guess. But it's still a guess. Look no farther than Dak Prescott last year.

wasn't me, but I agree with it.

Sal M is one of the harshest critics of OBD.

He just defended resigning Tyrod Taylor and trying to build around him. Not even close to harsh criticism of another stupid idea from Bills management.

Again, this column is the ultimate in short term tactics over long range planning. Seems he is right in the Bills wheelhouse because this is how they operate every year.

Edited by jeffismagic

He just defended resigning Tyrod Taylor and trying to build around him. Not even close to harsh criticism of another stupid idea from Bills management.

That's because it's not stupid. TT is the least of this team's problems. Believe it or not, he's not terrible.

You have no concrete basis for saying this. You, like the draft "experts", are making an educated guess. But it's still a guess. Look no farther than Dak Prescott last year.

And which round was Dak selected in?