Sal M: no QB in first.

JM2009

:lol: ok, your argument was lost as soon as you called Marquis Goodwin a key part of the offense. Really? He had one, ONE average season where he stayed even remotely healthy, but he was a "key" part of the offense? :lol:

MG is Mike Gillisee.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McD is getting smarter by the moment. :thumbsup:

Also totally agree. Tyrod isn't J Montana but no one out there in this draft will out-perform him anytime soon. Other needs 1st.

sad but true

QB in 2018

Gilmore is a very bad example.....provided us quality play for what....4 years?

I am talking about tt and c. jones.....what if the qb you select (when most feel this is a average draft) is no better then these 2 players? It absolutely COULD happen

Now you have just passed up on (possibly)

A LB that makes your D work

A TE that has been favorable compared to Gronk

A starting corner

For a player that may NEVER actually unseat what we have......

Im not saying its gonna happen....I am saying that scenario is just as believable as the one your portraying

Gilmore is a perfect example, actually. He was a stand-in starting CB that was good not great, and in the end, we couldn't afford to keep him. We missed the playoffs all four years, and now he's gone AND we got nothing in return. A complete waste of a pick.

I had to dig it up, but here's a post I wrote that got buried in another thread, but basically lays out why spinning the wheels and re-drafting positions is the main reason why we've been so mediocre:

Nice post thanks. Couldn't agree more. 2017 is the same thing again.

This article screams loser mentality. If we trade out of ten to the lower first round we should still get a crack at one of Webb, Mahomes or Kizer. Yes we need some DBs must this draft is apparently deep in them so the same logic should apply to replacing Gilmore. Our defense is not so needy of talent as it is of a scheme that plays to its strengths. Firing Rex alone should accomplish that.

The Tennessee Titans whiffed on Locker and scored on Mariota. We shouldn't stop trying to land a good QB because EJ was a bust.

:lol: @ myself. Apologies my friend :thumbsup:

We've all been there!

This article screams loser mentality. If we trade out of ten to the lower first round we should still get a crack at one of Webb, Mahomes or Kizer. Yes we need some DBs must this draft is apparently deep in them so the same logic should apply to replacing Gilmore. Our defense is not so needy of talent as it is of a scheme that plays to its strengths. Firing Rex alone should accomplish that.

The Tennessee Titans whiffed on Locker and scored on Mariota. We shouldn't stop trying to land a good QB because EJ was a bust.

Exactly. We probably should have continued to draft QB's even WITH Manuel. We have to put more eggs in the QB basket, and no I don't mean TJ Yates or whoever we signed as a QB3 this offseason.

Of course not, but this class is not considered a can't miss QB class either, and this roster has too many holes and lacks good depth. draft a QB in a later round.

Of course not, but this class is not considered a can't miss QB class either, and this roster has too many holes and lacks good depth. draft a QB in a later round.

there are enough good QB prospects that OBD has no excuse for not landing one. Waiting for the next Cam Newton or Andrew Luck to fall into our laps requires no intellect at all.

Yet can't miss guys like Leaf, Russell, Couch, etc... were can't miss guys...

And as far as the media telling everyone about this class... let's not forget they aren't always right either.

My personal take is these QBS are to developmental. However, I also concede I'm not always right.

If buffalo does take a QB they obviously think the guy is worthy of that pick. Right wrong or indifferent.

Do we have a better number two WR on the roster right now than Woods-nope. A better backup RB than MG-nope. Now the Bills have to use draft picks on them.

i dont think theres a difference between woods and 3-4 guys we have now. Woods was extremely underwhelming and more of a #3 wr.

Tolbert is better at short yardage then mg.

Imo jw has more talent then mg

I'm firmly on the "draft a QB if there's one you like" train.

EVERY SINGLE YEAR your team is going to have positional draft needs. You can fill them all and have a great all around roster, but if you don't have a QB, it won't mean squat. Case in point: the Bills have had NUMEROUS rosters in the past 17 years that -- with a good QB at the helm -- were playoff caliber. Because they have had such AWFUL offenses for so many years, though, said rosters were wasted. How many quality players do we need to see come and go before we realize that it's a QB driven league and, without one, the Bills will always be spinning their wheels?

If there's not a QB they like, then fine, draft positional players and look for a QB next year. If there IS one they like, though, I hope they draft him REGARDLESS of positional needs.

I'm so sick of the we have holes theory and we need to plug in for depth. There is one position that makes your team go around and that is QB. That position makes every other positions weaknesses hidden.

Does drafting any other positions help us win games? How many more games did we win with Marshawn Lynch, Stephon Gilmore etc

We have an all pro DT at 3rd overall. Before Rex ruined him he was getting 8-10 sacks a season. Did he get us in the playoffs? One position matters and that is QB. Tyrod is not going to take this team to a Super Bowl. You have to gamble big to win big sometimes.

And as far as the media telling everyone about this class... let's not forget they aren't always right either.

My personal take is these QBS are to developmental. However, I also concede I'm not always right.

If buffalo does take a QB they obviously think the guy is worthy of that pick. Right wrong or indifferent.

That's the other problem. I have no faith in Whaley when it comes to the draft and QBs.

I'm so sick of the we have holes theory and we need to plug in for depth. There is one position that makes your team go around and that is QB. That position makes every other positions weaknesses hidden.

Does drafting any other positions help us win games? How many more games did we win with Marshawn Lynch, Stephon Gilmore etc

We have an all pro DT at 3rd overall. Before Rex ruined him he was getting 8-10 sacks a season. Did he get us in the playoffs? One position matters and that is QB. Tyrod is not going to take this team to a Super Bowl. You have to gamble big to win big sometimes.

TT could get this team to the playoffs with a decent team around him, however.

I think Russell and Leaf had a lot more issues than the new crop (except for maybe Chad Kelly).

Russell was dumb as a stump and mostly used his unbelievable size to win everybody over. Leaf also was an idiot, though it seems that his life is turning around now that he is out of prison and off the purple drank.

What I am seeing with this batch of QBs is the fact that a lot of them seem to be leaders (Watson/Trub/Mahomes). I dont look at Russell and see a leader.

I agree with what you say though. It just boils down to it being a crapshoot. Look at Dak, and, to an extent, Cousins.

Great post. I agree completely!

Sounds great when you yourself cannot find any evidence outside your own opinion on why Whaley is a good GM. I like it when I can back up my opinion with others from around the sports media, because if gives it more credibility. And the results speak for themselves anyways. Whaley is not a good GM.

this is how it works.

evidence is factual. what happens in reality are facts. what columnists speculate upon to sell newspapers and get clicks in cyberspace, are not necessarily fact nor any facsimile of what the truth is. what happens then, is that this speculation gets picked up by another columnist and another and another and.... before you know it, it is what actually happened, never mind the fact that it actually didn't.

thinking for oneself includes, but is not limited to... observing the facts on the ground and then drawing ones own conclusions. it helps if the conclusions drawn are not logical leaps and are based in what reality says might have actually happened.

Really? I never read anything by the Buffalo media and I agree with JM. We're too far along and seem to be treading water for Whaley to continually get my pass.

your a Bills fan and you've never read anything by the Buffalo media...

me thinks your pulling my leg...

or something...

Edited by Foxx