Sal M: no QB in first.

JM2009

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a fan of the best QB available for 2017, and that is TT. The Bills are 15-14 when he starts. Not terrible. That last Miami game should have been a W.

Go out and get a Derek Carr at the corner store next time your out. And you can throw in their WR corp too. By the way, Oakland is a much better overall team than the Bills. hard to believe I know.

You get Derek Carr and QB's like him in the draft. Bills refuse to spend high draft picks on QB's and instead go dumpster diving for other team's backups.

Bills could have drafted Derek Carr in 2014 but instead spent 2 1st round picks on a WR.

Edited by jeffismagic

You get Derek Carr and QB's like him in the draft. Bills refuse to spend high draft picks on QB's and instead go dumpster diving for other team's backups.

Bills could have drafted Derek Carr in 2014 but instead spent 2 1st round picks on a WR.

Carrs are all over the place, I know. SMH.

I get this point but to draft another guy after EJ got 10 games would be kinda crazy. But there is no reason to not draft a qb this year.

The point was he was a franchise QB that we passed on. Shouldn't a front office that passes on franchise QB's when there is none on the team be held accountable?

Whaley is terrible at evaluating QBs and you trust him with a 10th round pick on a weak QB class. Draft one in the later rounds.

The top priority is LB,WR, and CB. Losses of Brown, Woods, and MG are large for a team with poor depth to begin with.

Such Bills thinking. The top priority is always qb.

In today's NFL, you shouldn't struggle to get 200 yards passing every game.

Whaley is terrible at evaluating QBs and you trust him with a 10th round pick on a weak QB class. Draft one in the later rounds.

So was Seattle's GM until they got Wilson. So was Belichick until he got Brady. So was the Steelers GM until they got Big Ben.

He just defended resigning Tyrod Taylor and trying to build around him. Not even close to harsh criticism of another stupid idea from Bills management.

Again, this column is the ultimate in short term tactics over long range planning. Seems he is right in the Bills wheelhouse because this is how they operate every year.

Personally, I'm all in favor of long-range planning. But if our scouts don't believe the top QBs in this draft will be long-range answers either, why pick them?

Follow the board.

We should just draft Mahomes, tell TT number 5 is no longer his to wear, get his spot ready on the WOF, tell Canton to get his bust ready, and start getting everybody's ring sizes.

So was Seattle's GM until they got Wilson. So was Belichick until he got Brady. So was the Steelers GM until they got Big Ben.

Whaley is a bad drafter, period. And him and management are bad at the cap too.

I keep hearing this argement brought up like it is actually a common thing to find these type of players

So what happens if we take a QB at 10.....and he ends up being no better then what we have.

Are you really that much in favor of reaching?

The idea that we should continue to be passive in our search for a franchise quarterback blows my mind.

I love how Denver has approached the QB position since Elway took the reigns. Go after the best guy you can (Manning) and stockpile QB's that might be franchise worthy. If you don't think they're good enough (Osweiler), move on quickly and continue the search.

It's hilarious you prop up Tyrod and the offense, yet rip Whaley. You are the king of double standards.

Rex Ryan, as much as he failed at the defensive side of the ball, brought Taylor in and pushed for him. Not Whaley. Whaley pushed EJ right up till the end and wanted Taylor off the roster. The new staff wanted Taylor, and again not Whaley.