Sal M: no QB in first.

JM2009

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's because it's not stupid. TT is the least of this team's problems. Believe it or not, he's not terrible.

I don't care about Tyrod. He's not good at passing the ball and he needs to be replaced. Building around Tyrod is as dumb an idea as building around Fitzpatrick. They are QB's that should be bridges to someone better.

In my opinion, everything about Tyrod screams "bridge deal/placeholder" from his reduced deal to the fact that we waited so long to give it to him. It looks like we have a lot less confidence in him than before.

I definitely think QB is at least heavily considered at 10, and that there might be something behind all the smoke and mirrors.

I don't care about Tyrod. He's not good at passing the ball and he needs to be replaced. Building around Tyrod is as dumb an idea as building around Fitzpatrick. They are QB's that should be bridges to someone better.

SMH He is much better than Fitz. The Bills had the least pass attempts in the NFL because they rely so heavily on the run. Taylor has a very good deep ball. He's a good game manager for this offense. 47 TDs, 15 turnovers and 1000 yards rushing is far from terrible. His presence makes the running game better, and they will need that with no MG.

He's so bad yet Watkins had a breakout year in 2015.

Sal M is one of the harshest critics of OBD.

I agree. I like Sal M and am always impressed when he does radio interviews. He is not one to sugar coat anything and is usually highly skeptical of Bills management. I like that he delivers even his harshest opinions in a humorous , non annoying anti- Sullivan type way. It's usually good for a laugh. I Actually take his opinion here as a lack of confidence in Bills management to identify a good QB in a year that is full of question marks at the position. If the Bills hierarchy had earned his faith in other areas, he might be more likely to say pick a guy if you feel strongly about him. Sal is far from a shill for this bungling franchise.

Edited by Boatdrinks

I agree. I like Sal M and am always impressed when he does radio interviews. He is not one to sugar coat anything and is usually highly skeptical of Bills management. I'm Actually take his opinion here as a lack of confidence in Bills management to identify a good QB in a year that is full of question marks at the position. If the Bills hierarchy had earned his faith in other areas, he might be more likely to say pick a guy if you feel strongly about him. Sal is far from a shill for this bungling franchise.

For sure. he is one of the more harshest critics of OBD in the media.

Defense cost the Bills 4-5 games last season, that needs fixing, draft a QB later in the draft, none are worth the 10th pick

I agree. A stronger roster and I wouldn't mind one at 10, but too many other needs.

SMH He is much better than Fitz. The Bills had the least pass attempts in the NFL because they rely so heavily on the run. Taylor has a very good deep ball. He's a good game manager for this offense. 47 TDs, 15 turnovers and 1000 yards rushing is far from terrible. His presence makes the running game better, and they will need that with no MG.

He's so bad yet Watkins had a breakout year in 2015.

And why do they rely on the run? Tyrod has had two different coordinators and neither had any desire to put the ball in Tyrod's hands as a passer. Roman talked about opening up the offense after 2015 and he got fired after 2 games in 2016. Lynn smartly simplified the offense and kept the ball out of Tyrod's hands as a passer. When Tyrod was forced to throw the ball in close games or in the 4th quarter we all saw the results. Not pretty.

if Dennison tries to pass the ball too much with Tyrod he will be the next out the door.

And why do they rely on the run? Tyrod has had two different coordinators and neither had any desire to put the ball in Tyrod's hands as a passer. Roman talked about opening up the offense after 2015 and he got fired after 2 games in 2016. Lynn smartly simplified the offense and kept the ball out of Tyrod's hands as a passer. When Tyrod was forced to throw the ball in close games or in the 4th quarter we all saw the results. Not pretty.

if Dennison tries to pass the ball too much with Tyrod he will be the next out the door.

You are arguing with a fella who is founding member of the Tyrod fan club. Let it go.

I hope he's right, btw, but I think he is abysmally wrong.

You are arguing with a fella who is founding member of the Tyrod fan club. Let it go.

Yes, I think all of this has been hashed out in the Tyrod Highlights thread. My biggest fear is we will be having the same conversation next off-season. It's a nightmare and we can't wake up from it!

if they have confidence a guy is a bonafide franchise type qb then yeah absolutely they should take them at 10 if available, no matter what else they have at the position. if you end up with two good qbs you can always flip one for at least one 1st and more picks later

that position is super over powered in all of sports so you gotta take the premium guys that fall to you when you get the chance 100% of the time

all that said, i dont think anyone believes any of these guys are strong top of the draft picks. if youre a team that desperately needs a qb then sure youll take one, but if not its better to wait and take somebody later and see if they turn into gold

Because this is the ideal situation to let a rookie sit, since we have Tyrod. Most of these college QBs aren't ready to start ... and we can actually afford to let them sit till they are ready at the moment. Would you rather us draft a rookie QB in a year when we need him to start, increasing the likelihood of his failure? Yes, we have many other areas of need, but this is an ideal situation to take a young QB. Some would point to a better crop next year, we have enough talent on this team to keep finishing around 6-10 - 8-8 ... we are never going to be drafting first overall to get someone like Darnold.

Or you could take a Kizer in the middle rounds and take your time grooming him.

Copy pasted from another thread here regarding Kizer.

Is he worth a second round pick? Would he be there in the second round?

Blokestradamus said:

If he makes it to 44, I'd sprint to the podium. Trouble is, I can't see him falling out of the first round (HOU and KC primarily). If he does, like Jeff mentioned earlier, there's a gaggle of teams in the 33-39 range that might pass on a QB early and eye up DeShone at that point.

If NYG or OAK want to offer a trade down that nets a 2018 1st and we pick 23/24, crucially before the Texans, I'd consider him. Although the Dolphins might help the Texans out in that scenario to thwart the drafting a QB to their division rivals. I've thought way too much about this, haven't I? :D

Long story short, I'd support them drafting him. I think he's got every physical and intellectual tool required, just needs a little nurturing.

Edited by Dr. Who

Defense cost the Bills 4-5 games last season, that needs fixing, draft a QB later in the draft, none are worth the 10th pick

Defense didn't cost us the Baltimore game. Defense got killed when the offense went 3 and out 7 times in a row in the Miami heat. Offense wasn't the reason we won in Cincinnati.

The offense and defense each played their part in being an average to below average team.

Defense didn't cost us the Baltimore game. Defense got killed when the offense went 3 and out 7 times in a row in the Miami heat. Offense wasn't the reason we won in Cincinnati.

The offense and defense each played their part in being an average to below average team.

The defense was the main problem in 2016. Bills were up 17-9 in Miami. Up right at the end of the Miami game at home. Defense got gouged way to often on the ground.

I'm a fan of the best QB available for 2017, and that is TT. The Bills are 15-14 when he starts. Not terrible. That last Miami game should have been a W.

Explain how Oakland won 12 games with a worse defense.

Go out and get a Derek Carr at the corner store next time your out. And you can throw in their WR corp too. By the way, Oakland is a much better overall team than the Bills. hard to believe I know.