Aaron Hernandez commits suicide

zevo

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The dude could have had life by the balls. Suicide is the easy way out. Thanks for the gift Aaron.

Well once you're in prison for life with no chance of parole, or even with a chance--you're 70-80 years old--suicide has to become a more palatable option. I think once you're in that situation, it's not 'the easy way out' as it would be as a civilian, it's just a pragmatic option if you know you can't handle that life for the next 50+ years.

Well, there's no doorknobs in the cell either.

The overwhelming response to impending hypoxic asphyxiation is furious struggle to breathe. If you are suspended, your struggle will be vain. If you are able to stand up, you will, unless you are sedated/otherwise incapacitated.

I never realized how dangerous door knobs really are, Im starting a petition to ban the use of door knobs on doors.

Well once you're in prison for life with no chance of parole, or even with a chance--you're 70-80 years old--suicide has to become a more palatable option. I think once you're in that situation, it's not 'the easy way out' as it would be as a civilian, it's just a pragmatic option if you know you can't handle that life for the next 50+ years.

His murder conviction was not final, he just beat another murder charge. His lawyers were going to use that victory to reopen his conviction. Was any of it going to work? probably not. He seemed to have options though even in for life, he could have changed and made the most of his situation. Suicide may be a more palatable option for the weak minded. A guy who had it all but made poor choices.Yet couldn't handle the consequences of his actions is a loser. His suicide and gangsta lifestyle were a match. any death row inmate would have traded places with him. His life behind bars wasn't anywhere near what most non celebrity lifers deal with. Maybe that's why he hung himself.

But I understand your point.

Here's an interesting note: under MA law, since he hadn't exhausted all his appeals for his first murder trial, the trial technically wasn't over. Which means that upon his death, the trial gets "set back" to it's "initial state," which initial state being the presumption of innocence, effectively voids his conviction.

So in killing himself, Hernandez beats the original accusation: he's no longer a convicted murderer.

Mass. Appeals Court likely to vacate Aaron Hernandez's murder conviction

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2017/04/19/aaron-hernandez-murder-conviction-likely-to-be-expunged-massachusetts-appeals-court-patriots/100645758/