Pats sign Gillislee to offer sheet

The Reggie Bush role?

did Reggie Bush play with Rex Ryan for 5 years? Was he a great locker room guy that helped the coach translate the coaches methods to the team? That's why Tolbert is here playing the the minimum. If you don't understand why he's here, you never will.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So in castigating me for bringing up QB play in a discussion about the back up RB, you decide to bring up rushing the passer. Mkay

And the reason I jumped into the discussion at this late stage is because I see more comedy than discussion at this point. Look at the coaches that you've already compared to McD, certanly sounds like you're getting ready for a lather rinse repeat cycle.

I'm sorry if you don't like me comparing McD to a coach who has actually won a SB as a DC........a 3-time and CURRENT HC with a rising young team in TN......and a guy who got two shots and 9 seasons at being an NFL HC. My bad, McD IS CLEARLY better. :doh:

But you are right, I should have just have dismissed your wandering, Geri-atric response............but since you used to have some sound takes once in a while I indulged your need to discuss the bigger picture in a small picture thread.

My bad gramps.....can you get off MY lawn now? :flirt:

Looking at it more from the Pats point of view for a moment, I find their interest in MG as a foil to/replacement for Blount interesting. I would never doubt their ability to improvise and get the best out of the talent at their disposal but while MG and LB are both capable of contributing to a NFL offence they are very different backs.

Edited by starrymessenger

I'm sorry if you don't like me comparing McD to a coach who has actually won a SB as a DC........a 3-time and CURRENT HC with a rising young team in TN......and a guy who got two shots and 9 seasons at being an NFL HC. My bad, McD IS CLEARLY better. :doh:

But you are right, I should have just have dismissed your wandering, Geri-atric response............but since you used to have some sound takes once in a while I indulged your need to discuss the bigger picture in a small picture thread.

My bad gramps.....can you get off MY lawn now? :flirt:

By that token, you're looking at a coach who's guided two SB defenses on two different teams, something that none of your sample has accomplished.

As for contributing intellectual heft to this thread, it's a fools errand on p.200.

It's devolved into a religious battle with each side cherry picking stats to suit the argument.

Take your pick MG has crazy stats when he pitches in as a sub when TT is the qb, but he's very pedestrian when he is the primary back.

I'm guessing that's what the Bills are evaluating when deciding to allocate $4 million in 2017. Is it a guy who finally got it after getting cut twice, or is he a product of a plug and play system?

Orlandis Gary reincarnation, is my guess.

How can any sit here and honestly say it is a good idea to pay MG that money especially after looking at last years draft?

Top 2 RB in league yards were rookies (one being a 5th round pick).

Kelley went undrafted and put up 700 yards and 6 TDs.

Booker picked up 600 yards and 4 TDs. (Drafted 4th round).

Both Raiders rookies (5th round, undrafted) were productive last year.

These guys are plug and play in todays NFL. Let Williams and some rookies (5th round and undrafted) compete for peanuts.

I'll be interested to see what Jwill and the rookie can do behind the OL. Last year 3 of the top 5 in rushing efficiency were Bills - MG, TT, and Shady.

http://rotoviz.com/2017/04/rushing-efficiency-2016/?hvid=5SZpw7&utm_content=buffer69359&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Edited by YoloinOhio

did Reggie Bush play with Rex Ryan for 5 years? Was he a great locker room guy that helped the coach translate the coaches methods to the team? That's why Tolbert is here playing the the minimum. If you don't understand why he's here, you never will.

That's weak. Patrick Dimarco is also well known around the league as being a leader. Are you saying we have another Rex who will bring in lesser players just because he is comfortable with them? Hang on let me go research Ducasse's career maybe I can find the link and then we would have an explanation for that signing..

By that token, you're looking at a coach who's guided two SB defenses on two different teams, something that none of your sample has accomplished.

:lol:

No, McDermott isn't a two-time SB DC.

But yes, Greggo was.

So....wrong.....and wrong.

Time flies.....but google is still your friend even when nobody else can stand the grouchy. :flirt:

Sage takes, my friend.....SAGE. :worthy:

I'll be interested to see what Jwill and the rookie can do behind the OL. Last year 3 of the top 5 in rushing efficiency were Bills - MG, TT, and Shady.

http://rotoviz.com/2017/04/rushing-efficiency-2016/?hvid=5SZpw7&utm_content=buffer69359&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Jonathon Williams was considered a draft value by many.....including myself.

Showed excellent, quick feet in college and was very productive........but, in perspective, the Bills had 6-7 RB's miss games to injury from preseason to the end of 2015.........so a 29 year old, injury-nagged Shady......a primary backup who missed 2015 with a foot injury and looked bad in a great run offense in 2016.... and a rookie 5th rounder? That is a setup for an excuse.

MG comes with concerns too........he's only had ONE season where he carried the ball more than Shady did last year.....his senior year at Florida.........but the flipside is that he is VERY, VERY low mileage for a back his age. Less than 600 carries over 7 years in the SEC and NFL.

Smart move by Pats. Just another example of what superior management looks like. This deal will probably be too much to match. Bills should have tendered him to a higher pick in the first place in my opinion.

Funny how most Bills fans and media thought this, however the people running the organization didn't...actually kinda scary.

tomorrow at 4

At that late an hour you won't even have to access the interwebs from work to find out the thrilling verdict.

This is why guys who do real, important scientific work like Steve Zissou do not appreciate those like yourself.

That's weak. Patrick Dimarco is also well known around the league as being a leader. Are you saying we have another Rex who will bring in lesser players just because he is comfortable with them? Hang on let me go research Ducasse's career maybe I can find the link and then we would have an explanation for that signing..

That's not weak. Many coaches do the same thing. Just because Rex did it too, doesn't mean it's a bad idea. That's the main reason he's a bill. Ducasse sucks. Yes, that's a bad signing. Castillo obviously sees something in him. I'm not a fan of Castillo either. They have nothing to do with why Tolbert is on the team. Maybe they're on the team for the same reason (McD working with Castillo previously and Castillo worked with Ducasse) but are completely separate from Tolbert, which is who I was talking about

Edited by NewEra

Jonathon Williams was considered a draft value by many.....including myself.

Showed excellent, quick feet in college and was very productive........but, in perspective, the Bills had 6-7 RB's miss games to injury from preseason to the end of 2015.........so a 29 year old, injury-nagged Shady......a primary backup who missed 2015 with a foot injury and looked bad in a great run offense in 2016.... and a rookie 5th rounder? That is a setup for an excuse.

MG comes with concerns too........he's only had ONE season where he carried the ball more than Shady did last year.....his senior year at Florida.........but the flipside is that he is VERY, VERY low mileage for a back his age. Less than 600 carries over 7 years in the SEC and NFL.

I have the same feelings on Jon Williams......I love his size, quickness, and bounces like a pinball machine between the tackles

Just need to see a little more