Pats sign Gillislee to offer sheet

Now we're leaning towards matching but shouldn't have considered the second round tender? That must frustrate you.

Why would it? They can get him for two years at what is now the going rate for a back up running back instead of one year.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's funny to me that a team hovering around .500 for the last 3 years, that currently lacks playmakers in a league where a few plays can be the difference between 8-8 and 10-6 can trivialize the value of a guy who produced over 600 offensive yds and 9 TDs last season while seeing limited playing time.

I feel like I took a nap and woke up in Fuktardistan.

I was referring to K Williams and MG. You, know the guys relevant to D Whaley the current GM? I don't give a f**k what they did at the backup RB position 6 years ago or twenty years ago or whatever . DW has shown he can find a good RB to be the backup. I can't think of anything less relevant than what other GMs who don't work for the Bills anymore were able to do, so thanks for that whatever it was supposed to show. I've never tried to argue for using a high draft pick on an RB in the current NFL and hated the Spiller pick fwiw. I wasn't talking about all time - in the 90's a first round RB was common it was a different era and not relevant to finding an RB now. A devalued position that should be easy to fill at the backup level.

This just in.......DW was so confident in his ability to find a RB gem that he gave Lesean McCoy an unnecessary 5 year $40M extension to get him to show up when he'd already been more than half paid to show up until 2018.

Shady is just another chapter of the Bills over-investing in one RB in a league where you need multiple.

But now they are there........they are totally invested in the run game......and the Shadester is going to be 29 and has had nagging injuries the past two years.........unless they are going to invest more in their passing game......they need a top notch backup.

As for DW's history with backs.......he signed Boobie Dixon, Boom Herron, Cierre Wood who all really struggled trying to fill in for McCoy......Karlos didn't make it to year 2......and Jon Williams looked surprisingly bad as a rookie.

MG is the only real keeper DW has had at the position.

But he was part of the personnel department that drafted Johnny White in round 5 so there is that. :rolleyes:

Passport please.

Edited by #BADOL

It's funny to me that a team hovering around .500 for the last 3 years, that currently lacks playmakers in a league where a few plays can be the difference between 8-8 and 10-6 can trivialize the value of a guy who produced over 600 offensive yds and 9 TDs last season while seeing limited playing time.

And i laughed out loud right here

This just in.......DW was so confident in his ability to find a RB gem that he gave Lesean McCoy an unnecessary 5 year $40M extension to get him to show up when he'd already been more than half paid to show up until 2017.

Shady is just another chapter of the Bills over-investing in one RB in a league where you need multiple.

But now they are there........they are totally invested in the run game......and the Shadester is going to be 29 and has had nagging injuries the past two years.........unless they are going to invest more in their passing game......they need a top notch backup.

As for DW's history with backs.......he signed Boobie Dixon, Boom Herron, Cierre Wood who all really struggled trying to fill in for McCoy......Karlos didn't make it to year 2......and Jon Williams looked surprisingly bad as a rookie.

But he was part of the personnel department that drafted Johnny White in round 5 so there is that. :rolleyes:

Passport please.

Indeed !

This just in.......DW was so confident in his ability to find a RB gem that he gave Lesean McCoy an unnecessary 5 year $40M extension to get him to show up when he'd already been more than half paid to show up until 2018.

Passport please.

...never understood reasoning behind the HUGE McCoy extension......then again, Overdorf is the Contract Administrator & Capologist......so how and why?.............

Make what stop?

A thread about a 2nd string rb.

I think it's the push-pull in his head between you and unconditionally defending the organization.

I guess there is a fine line between thinking that losing MG isn't tragic, and unconditionally defending the organization.

excellent point

I guess there is a fine line between thinking that losing MG isn't tragic, and unconditionally defending the organization.

Just spitballin' here.........but did you think about......I dunno...... ignoring the thread?

Good lawd there are some self-oblivious folks on here lately. :doh:

No thanks... I love misleading stats.

I would take the 5th over a backup average RB. I want potential, this team doesn't make the playoffs with a backup.

Hes not an average backup. His stats do not reflect what your claiming nor does the offer sheet from NE reflect what your claiming.

Pretty cool how our offensive line makes a low tier RB look really good.

Why couldnt they make BUSH and WILLIAMS into low tier running backs?

Just spitballin' here.........but did you think about......I dunno...... ignoring the thread?

Good lawd there are some self-oblivious folks on here lately. :doh:

A poster such as yourself, one who never wrote a paragraph without a mocking emoji of some sort, evangelizing others to ignore threads or posts they find irrelevant or stupid is the ultimate in hypocrisy.

It's not a fine line at all. It's a chasm, really. I personally find much to criticize the Bills organization for. So much that picking nits over a backup RB and a few bucks here and there or a 5th round pick etc , how much they paid McCoy yaddda yaddda is petty and trivial.

...never understood reasoning behind the HUGE McCoy extension......then again, Overdorf is the Contract Administrator & Capologist......so how and why?.............

They simply wanted to keep the player ( who they wanted and who expressed displeasure with the trade) happy. Big deal. They were spending jack squat at QB and had money to burn. Massive entry in the " who cares?" column.

A poster such as yourself, one who never wrote a paragraph without a mocking emoji of some sort, evangelizing others to ignore threads or posts they find irrelevant or stupid is the ultimate in hypocrisy.

It's not a fine line at all. It's a chasm, really. I personally find much to criticize the Bills organization for. So much that picking nits over a backup RB and a few bucks here and there or a 5th round pick etc , how much they paid McCoy yaddda yaddda is petty and trivial.

So you find discussing the contract situation of the starting and hoped to be backup running back on a team that's focus is running the ball to be nit picking and trivial but have dug in on your participation in the discussion to let us know how little you care Edited by NoSaint

Oh sweet, wayward Boatdrinks.....

Set your drink on the bow......and place your hand on your monitor.

Now slide your fingers down to this post.....

MATCH...SAYETH THE LAWD!

Feel the power of the truth!

Embrace this as your one true answer....it shall set you free!

How can any sit here and honestly say it is a good idea to pay MG that money especially after looking at last years draft?

Top 2 RB in league yards were rookies (one being a 5th round pick).

Kelley went undrafted and put up 700 yards and 6 TDs.

Booker picked up 600 yards and 4 TDs. (Drafted 4th round).

Both Raiders rookies (5th round, undrafted) were productive last year.

These guys are plug and play in todays NFL. Let Williams and some rookies (5th round and undrafted) compete for peanuts.

excellent point

Not really. How many of those " one or two plays" are made by backup RBs? I'd say they are probably plays made by the superstars. Game changing great plays by difference makers. More likely QBs , WRs , pass rushers than relief running backs. MG put up those numbers and the Bills still didn't win. How much better is he going to be capable of? It's more likely his numbers dropped off than improved. Much hand wringing over very little

How can any sit here and honestly say it is a good idea to pay MG that money especially after looking at last years draft?

Top 2 RB in league yards were rookies (one being a 5th round pick).

Kelley went undrafted and put up 700 yards and 6 TDs.

Booker picked up 600 yards and 4 TDs. (Drafted 4th round).

Both Raiders rookies (5th round, undrafted) were productive last year.

These guys are plug and play in todays NFL. Let Williams and some rookies (5th round and undrafted) compete for peanuts.

You use Booker as an example of success, he had one of the lowest YPC of any running back with significant carries. He was amongst one of the bigger disappointments at RB and Denver even tried to replace him with Kapri Bibbs.

So you find discussing the contract situation of the starting and hoped to be backup running back on a team that's focus is running the ball to be nit picking and trivial but have dug in on your participation in the discussion to let us know how little you care

Yes it's nit picking. The starting RB is under contract. When that player's contract interferes with the ability to sign a top quality QB, he'll be gone. As for the backup RB, the offer sheet will either be matched or he will be replaced. The thread is ridiculous because the majority who have stressed its importance will be unhappy REGARDLESS of if the Bills match the offer or not. That's silly. Even if McCoy was playing for free, it wouldn't give the Bills an elite QB to spend the money on. The team hasn't won in many years because they have been bad to terrible at PASSING the football. Until they get better at that, I'm confident they will not reach the playoffs. Their focus has been running the ball and they've done it very well. That success on the ground has led to very little winning. So yes, I care about the subject very little. Nothing wrong with chiming in to point out the lunacy it takes and shows to generate so many pages on a thread devoted to it. A QB thread or starting WR thread would be understandable and perhaps even expected to.

Oh sweet, wayward Boatdrinks.....

Set your drink on the bow......and place your hand on your monitor.

Now slide your fingers down to this post.....

MATCH...SAYETH THE LAWD!

Feel the power of the truth!

Embrace this as your one true answer....it shall set you free!

I'd be fine with matching, and even prefer that outcome. I would not however, see that as a loss or a misplayed hand. But as a fan, perhaps I'm overly cautious. If they decide to move on, the $$ must exceed their value chart and they are probably more knowledgeable on the subject than I am. I guess their history of paying RBs would indicate they will match. I won't lose sleep over it either way as I just don't see it as a difference between getting to the playoffs or not. For the Bills and certainly not for NE.