Pats sign Gillislee to offer sheet

You use Booker as an example of success, he had one of the lowest YPC of any running back with significant carries. He was amongst one of the bigger disappointments at RB and Denver even tried to replace him with Kapri Bibbs.

Most carries on the Broncos as a 4th rounder. He was a better back up than starter, which is something MG is. My point is that we are looking for a back up and these guys can be found mid rounds for dirt cheap.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most carries on the Broncos as a 4th rounder. He was a better back up than starter, which is something MG is. My point is that we are looking for a back up and these guys can be found mid rounds for dirt cheap.

Most carries on a team who failed to run the ball, what exactly does that indicate? That he sucked? That CJ Anderson got hurt? Or both?

Most carries on a team who failed to run the ball, what exactly does that indicate? That he sucked? That CJ Anderson got hurt? Or both?

I already told you what I meant.

His numbers as a back up (games he didn't start) 76 carries 345 yards 4.5 average. We are looking for a back up here. You can get back up for cheap mid rounds.

Watching Pats twitter wring their hands over whether they will get the Bills backup RB is one of the funnier parts of this offseason for me.

It's like the Buckeye fans who were excitedly waiting to see if any IU recruits were flipped to OSU after the Kevin Wilson hire.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Oh sweet, wayward Boatdrinks.....

Set your drink on the bow......and place your hand on your monitor.

Now slide your fingers down to this post.....

MATCH...SAYETH THE LAWD!

Feel the power of the truth!

Embrace this as your one true answer....it shall set you free!

Amen!!!. :)

Then go get in one of the QB threads! Who the f*ck is reading this deep into a thread to criticize the depth of the thread? :lol: Do people not know how to ignore a topic they find utterly trivial? :doh:

Saying in effect that "this season is about McDermott but it doesn't matter until they get a QB anyway" is an inexplicably all-over-the-place take.

Bottom line isn't that "this is too many pages for RB2 :doh: ....it's that McD is exactly the kind of coach that is going to be about the jimmies and the joe's........not the x's and the o's...........so leave him shorthanded and watch him get dumb real fast.

We've seen this with the meticulous control freak Greggo.......the Kordell-whisperer Mularkey.......and the Ivy League Jauron to name a few.........coaches who can't beat you with gamelans need TALENT.

If they don't have enough TALENT to win enough matchups head-to-head to win games.........their message starts falling on deaf ears quick because young NFL players get real skeptical fast of coaches that talk playoffs but don't start winning games.

Speaking of being all over the place ...

Speaking of being all over the place ...

Well let me clarify for you since you cared enough to interject 100 pages into the thread. :thumbsup:

The main thing I want to see from the Bills this season is to get McDermott off to a good start.

Best ways to do so:

1) Maintain and BUILD UPON the offense.........no steps back...or robbing the offense to pay the defense.....PERIOD.(That's where MG comes in.....NO STEPS BACK).

2) Get back to rushing the passer on defense.

If they do these things I think they will be creating an identity on offense with an approach that will allow them to more easily develop their future franchise QB.

And a sustainable, approach-sound defensive identity. Can't go wrong rushing the passer in the NFL today.

No one knows exactly how the offense will be structured under Dennison. And no one knows what value he places on MG in his offense.

What kind of offense values a less productive player like Tolbert over MG? That was one of the big gripes with Rex, he needed "his" players, that's true of this coaching staff? Now this staff is so picky they need "their" type of running back, even though he is older and worse all around than the guy walking out the door?

That's a hard sell. I feel like we are sitting on the beach and you're trying to tell me the ocean is purple. It's ok to be critical of some decisions, no team gets them all right. Buffalo is the Triple A version of MJ when it comes to decision making.

What kind of offense values a less productive player like Tolbert over MG? That was one of the big gripes with Rex, he needed "his" players, that's true of this coaching staff? Now this staff is so picky they need "their" type of running back, even though he is older and worse all around than the guy walking out the door?

That's a hard sell. I feel like we are sitting on the beach and you're trying to tell me the ocean is purple. It's ok to be critical of some decisions, no team gets them all right. Buffalo is the Triple A version of MJ when it comes to decision making.

My statement is not in support or rejection of MG. Simply that having a new offense weighs into their decision. Personally I hope he stays.

My statement is not in support or rejection of MG. Simply that having a new offense weighs into their decision. Personally I hope he stays.

To entertain that new offense discussion, https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/mike-gillislee/

His best comp is Freeman who has become a star in the ZBS down in Atlanta. ZBS is heavily dependent on the oline, a good runner will be able to produce when holes are open.

Who said Tolbert would/will be the replacement for MG? Completely different roles.

Who said Tolbert would/will be the replacement for MG? Completely different roles.

They essentially gave Tolbert the difference of 2nd/5th round tender, so if money is the concern that's where they went wrong. As I have said previously they could have easily slapped him with a 2nd round tender and eliminated any interest and then picked up a younger UDFA instead of tying up money with Tolbert.

What's his role? I have researched his stats and looked around, it seems obvious he is a player in decline.

Well let me clarify for you since you cared enough to interject 100 pages into the thread. :thumbsup:

The main thing I want to see from the Bills this season is to get McDermott off to a good start.

Best ways to do so:

1) Maintain and BUILD UPON the offense.........no steps back...or robbing the offense to pay the defense.....PERIOD.(That's where MG comes in.....NO STEPS BACK).

2) Get back to rushing the passer on defense.

If they do these things I think they will be creating an identity on offense with an approach that will allow them to more easily develop their future franchise QB.

And a sustainable, approach-sound defensive identity. Can't go wrong rushing the passer in the NFL today.

So in castigating me for bringing up QB play in a discussion about the back up RB, you decide to bring up rushing the passer. Mkay

And the reason I jumped into the discussion at this late stage is because I see more comedy than discussion at this point. Look at the coaches that you've already compared to McD, certanly sounds like you're getting ready for a lather rinse repeat cycle.

They essentially gave Tolbert the difference of 2nd/5th round tender, so if money is the concern that's where they went wrong. As I have said previously they could have easily slapped him with a 2nd round tender and eliminated any interest and then picked up a younger UDFA instead of tying up money with Tolbert.

What's his role? I have researched his stats and looked around, it seems obvious he is a player in decline.

Sure they "could have easily" given MG a higher tender -- THEY DIDN'T. They brought Tolbert in to fill a completely different role -- one they clearly value. His role is not to replace MG as a backup RB.

You disagree with their priorities, and that's fine. But the Tolbert move didn't preclude them from tendering MG at a higher level if they felt he was so important.

Sure they "could have easily" given MG a higher tender -- THEY DIDN'T. They brought Tolbert in to fill a completely different role -- one they clearly value. His role is not to replace MG as a backup RB.

You disagree with their priorities, and that's fine. But the Tolbert move didn't preclude them from tendering MG at a higher level if they felt he was so important.

The Reggie Bush role?