if you had 100 acres...

boyst

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In that case, Sell!!! I would pull 5-10 million easy even for undeveloped land. Developed lots near me are going for 100K for 1/3 acre.

it's crazy how expensive commercial land in even wny can be. i was looking for about 2 acres for a project that i want to complete. i went a few minutes in one direction from my office, and 2 acres is going for $500,000. i looked in the opposite direction that 5 mins where i'm from, and although it's not as desirable, the cost of the 2 acres is $35,000. it may be 7-8 miles from the two lots.

Sell it all to the highest bidder, in parcels or all at once depending on the zone. Invest it all in low cost index funds, and reinvest the dividends for 20 years while I keep working. Cash out when I'm 50 and buy a small private island in the keys or the Caribbean.

let's just imagine its where you live now. Just 100 acres of ot

100 acres where I live now? Well there's a slight problem with that seeing there is nowhere here where there is 100 acres available. Up the road a bit in Sonoma I'd sell, sell, sell. That would fetch about $2-5m.

let's just imagine its where you live now. Just 100 acres of ot

100 acres on the Eastern slope of the Shenandoah valley of the Blue Ridge Mountains.

I often see lots of cows and deer. There is also River Rafting on the Shenandoah and Potomac up near Harpers Ferry, along with Zip Lines, vineyards, equestrian boarding, Alpaca farms, Christmas Tree farms.........

Its funny, I've seen 100 acres filled with homes in 3 years and another 100 acres 5 miles away sit for 3 years and only 3 homes being built on it.

If housing is booming and you don't mind Yankees moving in as your neighbors SELL.

Like CARY (Containment Area for Relocated Yankees)

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

I would not cut the grass myself.

A flat acre in Buckhead can draw $800k to a million. I'm not far away in distance, but I am very far away in price. :(

Still, residential development would be the most likey outcome. They are just completing an amazing mixed use development on about 65 acres where the Atlanta Braves new stadium is.

Two chicks at the same time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As a wise person once said, if I wanted to disappoint two people at the same time, I'd just go to dinner with my parents. :)

And why would that take 100 acres? Are you doing it right?