Prospect Watch: Mitch Trubisky QB, UNC

Leroi said "We need an early run on QBs. If not, he will be there in the 2nd and we will pass on him. Imo" on April 12th in one of the Trubisky threads.

He said elsewhere all the qb talk was smokescreen and that we had targeted five players. I cannot recollect precisely, but it was something like wr 2, te 1, cb 1, and de 1.

So again the Bills pass on the most important position in all of football, That would be typical. Where did the mantra at OBD come from to push backups at best out as starters and hope we make the playoffs? I mean God knows we will never make or win a superbowl with TT at the helm.

Oh wait, lets wait until next year for the 21st time, oh but with TT we went 7-9 so we are out of reach for a top QB AGAIN.

And the wheel keeps on turning...

What is the definition of insanity again?

Get a starter and impact player at 10, no QB please

Because that has gotten us to the playoffs so many years since our last appearance right? We have fielded TEAMS that should have been in the playoffs and more, but no QB....just like now

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, when Taylor gets injured, you'd HAVE to start the new QB. You think the fans would accept seeing Cardale Jones replace Taylor when they have a rookie QB that they want to see instead?

Look, if Taylor gets hurt, of course give him a shot. But I'm not freaking out at the hypothetical of taking a guy at 10 and not freaking out if he doesn't win the starting job.

You're reaching master level freak-out if you are freaking out about a hypothetical of a hypothetical #10 QB who hypothetically doesn't win the starting job hypothetically doesn't get played in case of a hypothetical Tyrod Taylor injury.

Hypothetically.

Sorry, I couldn't resist on the last one. :P

Edited by WhitewalkerInPhilly

Look, if Taylor gets hurt, of course give him a shot. But I'm not freaking out at the hypothetical of taking a guy at 10 and not freaking out if he doesn't win the starting job.

You're reaching master level freak-out if you are freaking out about a hypothetical of a hypothetical #10 QB who hypothetically doesn't win the starting job hypothetically doesn't come in for a hypothetical Tyrod Taylor injury.

Hypothetically.

Sorry, I couldn't resist on the last one. :P

Well we could always play TJ Yates too

I have no issue with our Bills trading up to grab a QB if they really think this guy has a solid starting future in the NFL

However I'm not sure just because they think that is so that they are automatically correct

I'm referring to the post that claimed Dennison would automatically know what he's doing

First he's not a pro scout

Second you know hundred's of OC's have made that claim B4 and turned out to be dead wrong

Did someone go over every QB prospect picked while Dennison was an OC and see if his advice was correct

I'd have to say he's presently 0-3 with regard to Paxton, Seiman, & Yates

If not why was there so much talk about landing Romo?

That's not saying our Bills should not draft the guy, however the jury might be out for years if it ends up being a good or bad move

Just cos the Bills do it, does not make it a successful one, nor automatically a unsuccessful one

It does seem to point that drafting Cardale Jones was a compete waste of a 2016 4th round pick

And if we do grab Mitch, he does NOT have to start from day one, it does not make the pick bad, that's just silly...

You don't draft for 2017, you draft for 2017-2022

jc

So again the Bills pass on the most important position in all of football, That would be typical. Where did the mantra at OBD come from to push backups at best out as starters and hope we make the playoffs? I mean God knows we will never make or win a superbowl with TT at the helm.

Oh wait, lets wait until next year for the 21st time, oh but with TT we went 7-9 so we are out of reach for a top QB AGAIN.

Because that has gotten us to the playoffs so many years since our last appearance right? We have fielded TEAMS that should have been in the playoffs and more, but no QB....just like now

The Jets keep taking QBs and they still don't have one. You have to pick a good QB and how do you know what God knows?

I don't see how we can trade up for anything in this draft, but if we stand pat I have no problem with Trubisky if that is who they think is the best in this draft

To trade up with Tenn, we probably have to give up our 2nd but receive their 5th to even it all out.

this whole argument of trading up is stupid. we can't trade up. teams like cleveland have way more to offer and can move up to whatever spot they want...we cannot.

it's pretty simple...he's there at 10 or he's not. if so,great....if not trade down and work it hard. it's a win/win for us either way it goes imo.

Last year we would've made the playoffs with no qb or WRs if we had a top 10 defense.

It's plain and simple, we will take a qb at 10 if we think said qb is worthy of the pick. If we don't take a qb, it's because they don't think any qb is worthy of the pick. Some people love some QBs in the class. Some people aren't sold on any of them. If you're. It sold on one, build the defense back up to a top 5-10 unit and find the qb along the way.

I'm personally not sold on any of them at 10 but I'd be happy if we took one. They know more than me and if they take one, they must really like him. If I had to rank them, I'd go Maholmes then Trubisky, with Watson barely beating out Kizer for 3rd. Would prefer to land Dobbs, Kelly, walker evans, torgerson or pipkin in the 5-7th.

Edited by NewEra

Sorry for another speculation thread, but this guy works for optimum scouting, and wrote a piece on what his team has heard around the league.

— If there’s one strong quarterback-team connection, it’s Trubisky and the Bills. They’ve had strong interest throughout the season and draft process, and they actually were one of the teams he looked to for advisement when he was making his decision to declare for the draft. While I don’t believe the Jets will draft a quarterback, the Bills might trade with the Titans to ensure they can get to Trubisky before New York. I would be surprised if they target a different quarterback, but they’ve done their due diligence on all of them.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/nfl-draft-2017-quarterback-rumors-bears-eagles-browns-49ers/1sh4s33hm8jln1aj1kfmu5ijpd

I believe that sending Terry out to meet with quarterbacks can't be a smokescreen for all that effort. I would not mind Trub here, but we would have to trade up and that is where things get dicy for me. Is Trubisky more valuable than fixing the gaping holes in the backfield?

hes EJ all over again

...the QB pontificating pundits (code for urinalists) are all over the map.....see what sticks and sells......still say find a late teens/early twenties partner, grab an extra 1st in 2018 when the QB class is "allegedly better(??)", as well as a 2nd or 3rd in 2017.........

I wonder if you will still be around if Trubisky falls on his face in the NFL?

Brian Brohm met every one of these requirements and then some.

Judge the individual, not whether he meets prescribed categories, many of which are arbitrary.

The question ISN'T why did you draft someone who meets the criteria?

The question is why did you draft someone who didn't?

The criteria aren't a guarantee of success. They are minimum job requirements. I'm sure there are exceptions, but if you haven't produced consistently and at a high level in college, why would anyone thing you're gonna produce in the pros?