Prospect Watch: Mitch Trubisky QB, UNC

Your posts bore me but I do like how you love calling everyone Lil. But I'm sure you're much more physically imposing than Whaley who played football at Pittsburgh. The power of being a tough guy on a message board!

Yes, Lil Biscuit, it's a beautiful thing.

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i really hope he's there at 10 and we take him. we can trade down in the 2nd and pick up a 4th and maybe a 7th. we should...due to the talent this year be able to get quality at each pick. this is the perfect opportunity to get our qb and give him time to learn.

i don't think cleveland will take him no.1

i don't think the jets will take a qb. they could take o.j. howard and do themselves a world of value there. if they do think qb, i would think they'd believe watson would benefit them more right away.

i don't think the bears will take a qb with glennon when they need defensive help.

i guess the bottom line is....if trubisky's gone we can trade back and gain picks. gain a lot of talent and put chad kelly on the pup for a year. if we gain a lot of talent and depth this year, we can afford to move up for a qb next year. it's all good. we will see what happens.

all i hope for is that whaley's not calling the shots at qb.

Edited by billsredneck1

@RyanTalbotBills

Longtime NFC Scout says #Bills 'desperate' for quarterback, believes team will take Mitchell Trubisky http://bit.ly/2otdmYX

Desperate is trading up to assure you land your guy.

This seems more like there is interest, and the possibility buffalo has the desire to draft a kid they can groom.

However, like I said, the word desperate is misused here.

time will tell if it is. 2000 was a pretty bad QB class too but I bet New England was happy with it.

There is a BIG difference between using what is essentially a throw away 6th round pick vs using your top 10 overall pick when it's already known to be a crappy QB class. We haven't had a contributing 1st round pick in ages. One of the many reasons we are still a bad team

He Sucks. Barely started a whole year in College. It's Pat Mahomes or a wideout or corner or trade down

He doesn't suck. He did only barely start a whole year in college. But the second doesn't prove the first.

Having said that, if they don't think he's a franchise guy I'd love to see them trade back.

There is a BIG difference between using what is essentially a throw away 6th round pick vs using your top 10 overall pick when it's already known to be a crappy QB class. We haven't had a contributing 1st round pick in ages. One of the many reasons we are still a bad team

It's not "known" to be a crappy class. That is what is known as an opinion. We'll know three or four years from now.

Edited by Thurman#1

We have a QB that no one else really wanted. Let's see how far that gets us.

Well last year it got us in the top 3rd of the league in scoring with a QB that rated higher than Big Ben, rivers, Carr and Wilson to name a few. Not bad for a second year starter who had weak WR's, a fired OC mid-season, a disorganized head coach and one of the worst kickers in the league backing him up.

No it didn't. What got us to the top 3rd of the league in scoring is how well the whole team played.

Scoring is NOT a QB stat. It is a whole offense stat, with actually a large measure of defensive and STs play, probably 20 - 30%. Our offense had top ten average drive start field position. And we also were in the top ten of the league in terms of scoring by the defense/STs.

And as for the part of scoring that is purely offensive, our pass game sucked and our run game was terrific.

Our run game led the league in TDs and was 25% higher than the next best team, whereas our pass game was 27th in the league in TDs.

We had 29 running TDs and 17 passing TDs, in a league where not a single other team had more running TDs than passing.

Enough with pretending that Tyrod deserves all or even most of the credit for this. Give him credit for being at terrific runner and not a very good passer. Give the whole offense and mostly the run game credit for that scoring and throw a large chunk of that credit to the STs and defense.

Edited by Thurman#1

With the holes at LB WR and RT makes no sense to use a prolific pick on a position where you have your starter

Their commitment to TT tells me there must not be a QB they feel worthy at 10 or can come in and play better their first year than TT.

Take a position player who can help you week1.

Their commitment to TT tells me there must not be a QB they feel worthy at 10 or can come in and play better their first year than TT.

What commitment to Tyrod. They turned his deal into a 1 year contract with a big pay cut. That is the opposite of a commitment.

Leroi says the QB visits are a smokescreen and the Bills will not pick one at 10. He has been right about our draft often enough for me to believe him.... but the idea that front office or ownership are "committed" to Tyrod is delusional.

No it didn't. What got us to the top 3rd of the league in scoring is how well the whole team played.

Scoring is NOT a QB stat. It is a whole offense stat, with actually a large measure of defensive and STs play, probably 20 - 30%. Our offense had top ten average drive start field position. And we also were in the top ten of the league in terms of scoring by the defense/STs.

And as for the part of scoring that is purely offensive, our pass game sucked and our run game was terrific.

Our run game led the league in TDs and was 25% higher than the next best team, whereas our pass game was 27th in the league in TDs.

We had 29 running TDs and 17 passing TDs, in a league where not a single other team had more running TDs than passing.

Enough with pretending that Tyrod deserves all or even most of the credit for this. Give him credit for being at terrific runner and not a very good passer. Give the whole offense and mostly the run game credit for that scoring and throw a large chunk of that credit to the STs and defense.

Well stated, but folks will just come back at you that the run game was strong because of Tyrod. (He probably does help as the D has to account for another runner, but overall, a genuinely good qb is certainly something this team lacks and has lacked for nearly twenty years.)

Here's my question: If your favorite QB in the draft is available at 10 along with Williams, Adams, Reddman & Foster - What do you do? I would have a hard time deciding between Adams, Williams & Mahomes. If I stick to my grades on the board, I go with Adams, If he's gone then, Williams. That would mean we're looking at a QB in rnd 2. May have to settle for Webb.

Let's Go Buffalo!!!!!

I was looking at a mock draft last night that had both Williams and Adams available to us at 10 and it has us taking an offensive lineman. Had to immediately discredit the entire thing. What a joke - seems like little kids can get their mocks published these days.

It's simple. If you think this kid is the kind of QB that you keep for the next 10-15 years and gives you a shot to be a perennial contender, run to the podium. If not, then take someone at another position that you think can be a perennial All Pro like a Foster or Adams.