If WR at 10, which one?

Williams has size and respectable speed.

Davis has decent size but appears to be the most complete WE.

McCaffrey is a type of player the Bills have never had in this era. A truly elite slot WR that has the quickness to beat any LB,safety, and most CBs.

Ross has elite speed. Is he just a slot guy or at 5'10 can he be a true #2

I think I like Davis the best. He has size, speed, and runs routes well. He is a complete WR that could replace Watkins as the #1 if Watkins' foot does not heal.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McCaffery is not a slot WR.

You don't draft a RB at 10 and ask him to change positions. :thumbdown:

I'd prefer Davis if we must, but I think one of the top CBs, S or DL will slide this year (it would be odd to have an early run on CBs and S in picks 2-6) and we'll get much better value going that route.

Edited by TheElectricCompany

Davis looks like a more complete WR as he seems to be more fluid/faster. Yet Williams brings the size to the table a shows Dez Bryant clocked speed. I'm glad not a real GM ad I go back and fourth between which I'd want. Most mockers seem to favor Davis for what it's worth.

I think it will be Williams but I prefer Davis. The Bills like big school guys and guys that have performed on the big stage. Williams certainly checks hose boxes more than Davis. If we are to use the Leroi/Hokie guide (they like 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 CB & 1 DE at 10) we have a lot of candidates from powerhouse programs. I would think that of the guys that it might be there are multiple guys from OSU and Alabama, and a Clemson guy in that group.

Up until the labrum surgery, I would've guessed that Buffalo's choice of WR at 10 would be John Ross.

He fits the mold of speed guys that Whaley likes, and he fits the style of WR that's shown to be able to have some impact with Taylor at QB.

Now, considering availability, I'd guess that the only WR in play at 10 would be Williams

I like Zay Jones in the 2nd or Malachi Dupre in the 3rd. If I'm stuck with WR at 10 I think it's Williams.

Zay Jones makes a lot of sense considering his college receiver coach is on our staff. I hope we go defense with our first pick and grab him in the 2nd.

Hey Yolo who would u like them to take? Just asking

i like them all, but don't think any are top 10 in this draft. I think all 3 of those are top 50 players. I would take the Best available WR in the 2nd or 3rd depending on how the draft falls.

Regarding mccaffrey, he's a RB not a WR. He can catch passes but they need to scheme touches his way. He isn't a natural outside WR like we need. He would be best used in a precision passing offense like NE (dion Lewis type role) or in a Woodhead type role with the Chargers. Also would be good in NO. Reports of Carolina loving him are probably real but Cam isn't the best QB for his talents. Imo.