St. Louis is suing the NFL and the Rams

And all of the teams in NFL. They seem to want to make sure NFL never returns to St Louis

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football/professional/pdf-st-louis-st-louis-county-lawsuit-filed-against-nfl/pdf_b18dd730-f51b-5870-9bb4-09b80c74862c.html

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football/professional/st-louis-suing-nfl-over-rams-relocation/article_501e2349-c9c9-5a70-9743-2583f89948d9.html

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/st-louis-is-suing-the-nfl-and-the-rams-over-teams-move-to-los-angeles/

Funny thing is St Louis "stole" the Rams from LA in first place

"The Rams, the NFL, through its member teams, and the owners have violated the obligations and standards governing team relocations" because the Rams failed to meet league relocation rules, the suit claims. As such, the league has breached its contractual duties owed the plaintiffs, the suit says.

....LMAO.....what happens when Rams sue LA for NON-SUPPORT?.....maybe they move to fill the Oakland void and Al Davis is rolling over in his grave......

Corporations move all the time. This will get tossed

This isn't on point at all. The city is stuck paying over 140 million dollars of debt for the stadium that no longer has the rams. If the billionaire team owners want to keep forcing cities to pay for their stadium (lol), they should have to pay any debts the city has once they jump ship to a new city in my opinion. PS, Oakland taxpayers still have 85 million dollars to pay off for their 1995 stadium for the raiders. Super fair!

Edited by Crayola64

This isn't on point at all. The city is stuck paying over 140 million dollars of debt for the stadium that no longer has the rams. If the billionaire team owners want to keep forcing cities to pay for their stadium (lol), they should have to pay any debts the city has once they jump ship to a new city in my opinion. PS, Oakland taxpayers still have 85 million dollars to pay off for their 1995 stadium for the raiders. Super fair!

Yep.

Slashing and burning, leaving huge debt in their wake.

They really have to allow community owned teams. How does Green Bay get grandfathered in?

Get rid of the leverage the owners use against a community that enables corporate welfare to run amuck leaving nothing but scorch earth behind.

Now... St. Louis ain't pure as the driven snow either, they are a two timing whore too. They took in the Cardinals from Chicago and then the Rams, which the Rams really started in Cleveland.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Um...explain to me exactly how the elected officials of STL or any other city are "forced" to pay for stadiums? Did Roger Goodell leave a horse's head in the mayor's bed or something?

And what exactly stopped the STL officials from including such a repayment clause in the deal with the Rams?

Um...explain to me exactly how the elected officials of STL or any other city are "forced" to pay for stadiums? Did Roger Goodell leave a horse's head in the mayor's bed or something?

And what exactly stopped the STL officials from including such a repayment clause in the deal with the Rams?

You're right, they fell in love with the two timing whore, they knew what they were in for. They bought the ticket:

Ph!*k St. Louis... But I still hope they win! I hate the NFL more. ;-)

This is way off point. Tenants don't pay the landlord's mortgage when they move out.

The idiots who run that city were happy to fork over that money not just once, but were about to do it again. They built the sad Edward Jones Dome on spec--completely with public money. They allowed the Rams a clause in their lease that let them move to another city if the Dome dipped below the "top tier" of NFL stadiums (it clearly has).

The voters of the county smelled what was coming after the Cardinals stadium and passed a referendum that required a public vote on any future stadium financing. The city went to court to nullify the referendum. The game day money that the city was generating to pay the bond on the stadium? They ended up just giving it to the Rams---"here, just take it, it's for you!".

Then, despite still owing 100 million on the dome, St. Louis was desperate to give another 355 million towards a new stadium.

This law suit is a joke. It is a sad/pathetic face saving gesture but the local government. Yet the moving of the Rams actually SAVED that broke ass town from giving away more money it doesn't have.

In true form, this case will get tossed and the Rams will sue for legal fees...

Edited by Mr. WEO

It looks like they'll just have to find alternate uses for the ED Jones dome.

Monster trucks, a Justin Bieber concert, a Mizzou football game, a Jehovah witness convention, the possibilities are endless.

St Louis took the Rams from LA and now LA is taking them back ... Karma is a b****.

Actual this is completely incorrect. The city chose to build the new stadium and spend the money to get an NFL team and they wrote a horrible lease deal that the city was in default on.

It sucks for the city, but the team should not be liable for any of the debt - that is bad planning and lease work by the city.

If St. Louis did not want the debt - do not court the team - the NFL moved there because they gave the NFL everything it wanted years ago and then wonders why when they can no longer deliver the team moves on.

I do not think they have a leg to stand on and I think there are wasting more tax payer money fighting a losing battle that they created.

St Louis took the Rams from LA and now LA is taking them back ... Karma is a b****.

After the Cardinals were stolen from them by the Bidwell's move to Arizona. St Louis is a two time loser in the NFL greed game. I doubt they would be interested in a round 3.

After the Cardinals were stolen from them by the Bidwell's move to Arizona. St Louis is a two time loser in the NFL greed game. I doubt they would be interested in a round 3.

I think if St Louis had the opportunity to get another NFL team they'd offer the moon and stars and build a big beautiful new dome to seal the deal. If they do, they better have a better negotiator than they did the last time around.