So, your United flight is overbooked?

Just don't say no to getting bumped, you have a job in the morning to do. Just say: "Thank you sir! May I have another!"

http://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/2017/04/10/video-shows-man-forcibly-removed-united-flight-chicago-louisville/100274374/

CEO apologizes:

https://news.google.com/news/amp?caurl=http%3A%2F%2Fm.cdn.ampproject.org%2Fc%2Fwww.chicagotribune.com%2Fbusiness%2Fct-united-drags-passenger-0411-biz-20170410-story%2Camp.html#pt0-762410

When do paying customers NOT take precedent over staff? When that staff has to a job to do like staff planes in air. The group over the individual. Just like in other lines of work yet, they should have picked people BEFORE they boarded the flight. No? Once the passenger is scanned and on, IMO, gotta push them through.

If everything happens as it said, this one's on United.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The guy knows if he puts up disturbing l am not going to leave it is going to be all over social media.

I think he is an azz for acting like that. He is looking for a pay day. Why do you have to act like a baby?

Just don't say no to getting bumped, you have a job in the morning to do. Just say: "Thank you sir! May I have another!"

http://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/2017/04/10/video-shows-man-forcibly-removed-united-flight-chicago-louisville/100274374/

CEO apologizes:

https://news.google.com/news/amp?caurl=http%3A%2F%2Fm.cdn.ampproject.org%2Fc%2Fwww.chicagotribune.com%2Fbusiness%2Fct-united-drags-passenger-0411-biz-20170410-story%2Camp.html#pt0-762410

When do paying customers NOT take precedent over staff? When that staff has to a job to do like staff planes in air. The group over the individual. Just like in other lines of work yet, they should have picked people BEFORE they boarded the flight. No? Once the passenger is scanned and on, IMO, gotta push them through.

If everything happens as it said, this one's on United.

It seems like United !@#$ed up by flying the staff on standby, when they should have had priority tickets, and the priority been established (and passengers bumped) before the plane boarded.

It seems like United !@#$ed up by flying the staff on standby, when they should have had priority tickets, and the priority been established (and passengers bumped) before the plane boarded.

They do have priority.

They usually wait until the end of boarding to assign those seats, but the are priority to the point of bumping revenue passengers.

I believe it was a United Express company.

The agents screwed up by not bumping the payoff to a point that avoided the issue.

Internet going nuts...............as it does.

Twitter followup:

#UnitedMovieLines

Here are some of the hundreds......................

As God is my witness, we’ll never be overbooked again.

[Passenger name]. Your our customer and we love you. But don't ever take sides against the airline again. Ever.

"What's the matter, Sir? I bet you can squeal. I bet you can squeal like a pig. Let's squeal. Squeal now. Squeal. Wheee!"

“The needs of United employees outweigh the needs of the many.”

"It removes itself from the plane or else it gets the hose again."

AND........my favorite;

'Every time I think I'm on, they pull me back off.'

This. They know how many people checked in. Do they even know when they get through security? Why would they board the three, knowing they have to get back off plane.

Then ontop, they pick a doctor. Nice having a doctor on flights... Right? Pick a poor dude like me that has loads of time on his hands! ;-)

As somebody mentioned, it was United Express? Did the contractor not want to pay OT for staff? Or whatever

Again, shouldn't have never allowed the people in question to take their seat. That's like me opening the lock for a boater, putting them in, then asking them to leave because gov't vessels have priority... Like the Coast Guard, but they ARE not on an emergency run. Which leads me to: what was the "emergency" that the staff had to be in Louisville for and on THAT plane. Please don't tell me it was like the USCG saying: "Oh no emergency, just grabbing a sandwich down at the marina so we don't miss lunch break."

What were the plane options back to Louisville? It was a Sunday morning flight, were there other planes to Louisville that day? How long of a wait? The passengers are seated, send them on their way. They crossed the Rubicon when they were allowed to board... Unless they want to leave or do something wrong (break the law).

We've been warned.

I hope this is a joke, a lottery to kick people off a plane who have paid for their ticket and don't want to voluntarily get off the plane?

There is nothing sympathetically defending the action of the airline here.

Internet going nuts...............as it does.

Twitter followup:

#UnitedMovieLines

Here are some of the hundreds......................

As God is my witness, well never be overbooked again.

[Passenger name]. Your our customer and we love you. But don't ever take sides against the airline again. Ever.

"What's the matter, Sir? I bet you can squeal. I bet you can squeal like a pig. Let's squeal. Squeal now. Squeal. Wheee!"

The needs of United employees outweigh the needs of the many.

"It removes itself from the plane or else it gets the hose again."

AND........my favorite;

'Every time I think I'm on, they pull me back off.'

LoL...

Whether there was a mistake or not by the airlines the passenger acted like a spoiled brat. If he wanted to file a complaint (and he should) he should have just gotten off the plane and then addressed the issue at the airport. This doctor is a fool who I would want nothing to do with if I was seeking medical attention. What a freaking jerk!

Creating a chaotic scene over a mistake is asinine. If someone had hotel reservations and for some reason there was a mix up creating a scene at the lobby to the point that police have to be called in is ridiculous. Mistakes are made and adjustments need to be also made. It's part of life. What an arsehole!

We've been warned.

I hope this is a joke, a lottery to kick people off a plane who have paid for their ticket and don't want to voluntarily get off the plane?

Agree.

"Lottery in June, corn be heavy soon"

There be talk that some airlines be giving up The Lottery soon!

:-/

Whether there was a mistake or not by the airlines the passenger acted like a spoiled brat. If he wanted to file a complaint (and he should) he should have just gotten off the plane and then addressed the issue at the airport. This doctor is a fool who I would want nothing to do with if I was seeking medical attention. What a freaking jerk!

Creating a chaotic scene over a mistake is asinine. If someone had hotel reservations and for some reason there was a mix up creating a scene at the lobby to the point that police have to be called in is ridiculous. Mistakes are made and adjustments need to be also made. It's part of life. What an arsehole!

Maybe. But we all wouldn't be talking about it? The airlines would get what they want and just do it again, again, again.

This ain't golf where decorum reigns supreme. ;-)

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

There is little in life that I enjoy more than a doofus getting pummelled or roughed up by "the authorities", one time they pulled the guy's toupee off, he deserved a full tasering.

But that's not the case here. Although I would get up and leave when 3 men are determined to get me off the plane, seeing as there is no other alternative and they are determined.

Ahh.... hotel check-ins.... i've had a rough time getting through my travels to the desk and the only person (or couple) in front of me thinks they should talk for 20 minutes about their life and vicissitudes while I try not to blow my stack. Yes... yes this a GRAND hotel, you must talk at the desk for 20 minutes, so grand I spend 2 minutes booking on Expedia for the cheapest place within a mile's walk of the baseball or football stadium...

Edited by row_33

This actually made the national news down here in New Zealand. Way to go, United Airlines!

I haven't watched the video, but I can't believe some of you guys are sticking up for the airline.

What kind of bizzaro world are you living in?

This guy paid for his flight. Received a boarding pass. Entered the plane and sat down in his assigned seat.

Case closed.

We've been warned.

The possibility of getting bumped or delayed is part of air travel. It sucks, and the airlines should compensate, but this whole "he had a paid ticket" is a pointless argument. Instead of being a man and handling it like an adult he acted like a 5 year old child.

A lot of people are saying they'll never fly United again after this. Personally, if this was my doctor, I'd be canceling my appointments.