Which QB do you want the Bills to draft?

Which QB do you want the Bills to draft?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB do you want the Bills to draft?

• Mitchell Trubisky, UNC (projected round 1)
    • Pat Mahomes, Texas Tech (projected round 1-2)
    • Deshaun Watson, Clemson (projected round 1)
    • DeShone Kizer, Notre Dame (projected round 2)
    • Davis Webb, Cal (projected round 2-3)
    • Nathan Peterman, Pitt (projected round 3-4)
    • Brad Kaaya, Miami (projected round 3-4)
    • Jerod Evans, Va Tech (projected round 5-6)
    • Joshua Dobbs, Tennessee (projected round 6)
    • Chad Kelly, Ole Miss (projected round 7)
    • Would prefer they don't use a draft pick and wait to sign a UDFA (i.e. Trevor Knight, Seth Russell, CJ Beathard, Antonio Pipkin, Alex Torgerson, Mitch Leidner, Gunner Kiel, Sefo Liufau)
    • Prefer they don't add a rookie QB at all

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Brad Kaaya. They'll likely get him at the right value, instead of overdrafting a bust. I think this is a weak QB class and none are likely to turn into franchise QBs.

But honestly, the more I watch Kaaya, the more potential I see. He displays great ball placement, great touch, makes NFL-caliber throws, shows great decision-making, and doesn't get mentally rattled by pressure.

Film breakdown:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VjjAYeT78Os

I wish you had included, "Best on Board in Round (fill in the blank)."

In which case, I would vote best on the board in round #3. (Or, round #4, if we end up with a pick in that round)

the poll is more about the player and how he would fit the Bills than it is just drafting a guy based on what round you want to take a QB. It's assuming you have a preference and opinion on the player first and foremost, and value comes into play secondarily. If Peterman is the only guy you like for the offense but you refuse to spend anything more than a 6th (just as an example) you would either go UDFA or nothing based on the projection. Hope that makes sense. Edited by YoloinOhio

Give me a 6th rounder that turns into Tom Brady

who knows

Nathan Peterman, Pitt

maybe he'll be a reincarnation of Marino from Pitt or the native PA born J. Kelly

This is exactly the way I feel about Peterman. Too bad we do not have a 4th round pick because that is about where I would slot him. I like Patrick Mahomes but not in the 1st round. Brady didn't exactly have a cannon Arm coming out of college and that's why he was drafted so late. I'm not saying Peterman will be even a fraction of Brady but there's something about this kid I like, if for no other reason as a good backup.

I'm always intrigued by a guy like Webb out of Cal. Because Goff was there Webb didn't get the exposure that others did. You never know...he may just be the real deal.

Or Webb didn't get the exposure because he was at Texas Tech, which was a part time starter in 2013, full time starter in 2014, benched for Patrick Mahomes in 2015 and then he transferred to start at Cal in 2016.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Davis_Webb

This is exactly the way I feel about Peterman. Too bad we do not have a 4th round pick because that is about where I would slot him. I like Patrick Mahomes but not in the 1st round. Brady didn't exactly have a cannon Arm coming out of college and that's why he was drafted so late. I'm not saying Peterman will be even a fraction of Brady but there's something about this kid I like, if for no other reason as a good backup.

They always say if you want a QB take him a round earlier, hence my calling for us to draft him in Round 3.

Edited by The Jokeman

the poll is more about the player and how he would fit the Bills than it is just drafting a guy based on what round you want to take a QB. It's assuming you have a preference and opinion on the player first and foremost, and value comes into play secondarily. If Peterman is the only guy you like for the offense but you refuse to spend anything more than a 6th (just as an example) you would either go UDFA or nothing based on the projection. Hope that makes sense.

No, I get it.

My point was that there isn't one of these QBs on whom I would hang my hat. And, none that I would want us to take in the first two rounds. After that, I would defer to McD/Whaley (an apparent sin on these boards, I know!) as to whom they felt was the best fit-- even if all of them were left. But, I still want them to draft a QB, mid-round.

For some weird, emotional reason, I kinda hope that Trubisky, Mahommes, Watson, and Kizer are all gone by round three, and we get Kelly in round #5. That would make me smile.

I would take Kelly and wouldn't have any issue going even a couple rounds earlier than the 7th. At the end of the day, you can say "draft a QB every year until you get a franchise guy", but teams just don't do this. This is not a year for great talent at QB. Analysts have said this to us over and over again. So what I come back to is the developmental guy that has the physical tools to potentially be what we're looking for. But for Kelly's injury and his off the field stuff, he was a much higher round pick. Just maybe, the Bills can develop him for a couple years behind Taylor and then have the guy they're looking for. If not, nothing lost. The Bills have too many holes to fill than to continue to reach for the EJ Manuels of the world. Just my opinion.

Brad Kaaya. They'll likely get him at the right value, instead of overdrafting a bust. I think this is a weak QB class and none are likely to turn into franchise QBs.

But honestly, the more I watch Kaaya, the more potential I see. He displays great ball placement, great touch, makes NFL-caliber throws, shows great decision-making, and doesn't get mentally rattled by pressure.

Film breakdown:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VjjAYeT78Os

I voted Watson.

But i would also vote they do not pick one at ten. preferably gaining some picks before scoring a QB. I also vote they must draft one . and not kelly or someone who has such long odds working against him

Mahomes with a healthy lead right now. He would like to thank his agent, jeffismagic :lol:

:beer:

its all good !!