Ryan gave brother Rob "run of the place" in 2016.

JM2009

This may be an unpopular post, but hear me out.

Rex Ryan has only been a HC for 6 years in the NFL. Who is to say a HC can't improve after six years and become the franchise HC? Especially when he had 2 years at basically .500 as a Bill. I know he had 6 years to get the mental things down, the timeouts over the middle, the command of the team, but it was only his second year in Buffalo. I think we should've at least kept Rex as a bridge HC until we could find one better. I would hate to walk away from Rex and watch a guy like Rob Chudzinski go 4-12 if a rookie HC doesn't pan out. Let's face it, there just aren't many good NFL HC's out there and maybe if we improve the weapons around Rex, Rob stays healthy etc. he can really shine.

....seriously?....Wrecks Ryan is cut from the same blowhard cloth as his old man......decent defensively but suckitude 101 as HC material..like father like son IMO....Buddy's claim to fame was the 46 with the '85 Bears.....said Ditka was a jerk.....what did the Blowhard do as Eagles' HC?.....you cannot sit there and seriously post any positives about Wrecks....look at the Jets East and his "Barnum & Bailey" like pressers.....totally lost mockery outside of his capabilities.....so if he was primed to improve, how did he end up at the ESPN playpen instead?........BTW a sports product sinking faster than whale s)^T anyway..........

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not at all, JM. But it's requested to not post the entire article or even long excerpts - post the link and a few sentences along with your commentary.

Rex Ryan has only been a HC for 6 years in the NFL. Who is to say a HC can't improve after six years and become the franchise HC? Especially when he had 2 years at basically .500 as a Bill. I know he had 6 years to get the mental things down, the timeouts over the middle, the command of the team, but it was only his second year in Buffalo. I think we should've at least kept Rex as a bridge HC until we could find one better. I would hate to walk away from Rex and watch a guy like Rob Chudzinski go 4-12 if a rookie HC doesn't pan out. Let's face it, there just aren't many good NFL HC's out there and maybe if we improve the weapons around Rex, Rob stays healthy etc. he can really shine.

I see you fc....

rex got his understudy time with the ravens (look a parallel you missed!). Then he was given 6 years to prove he didn't have it. you're analogy falls short. If you want to draw the lines TT needs to be given 6 years as the starting qb. Even worse for your post, Rex was given a second chance to be the guy with another team before he was written off. So I guess what your post is saying is TT gets 4 more years behind center!

MEDIC! Medic! Stat!

(yes, yes, we see your analogy)

This was pretty much all insinuated by players and other reports after the season. Pegs had no choice but to move on, and so have I. But it's still funny that reporters had their minds blown over the fact that Whaley never asked Pegs why he fired Rex :lol:

Exactly, I never understood all the uproar over that press conference. Wasn't it obvious why Ryan got fired?

Could we criticize them for hiring Ryan in the 1st place and destroying a top 5 defense?

Yes I think it fair to criticize them for the hire, but at least they didn't let ego get in the way of correcting the mistake.

My hopes for last season weren't high when I read he was gaining weight again just because of his brother. It was so weird, so illogical and so wasteful that I knew there were serious problems there that fans couldn't have known about.

To me, something happened between season one and two because you get the impression mentally, he went off the rails a bit with his indulgence for vengeance or whatever coming at the expense of his employer.

Yes I think it fair to criticize them for the hire, but at least they didn't let ego get in the way of correcting the mistake.

Spot on.

I think you can perhaps give them some leeway as first time owners, for the Ryan hire.

While they may have fallen for the charm of Ryan, they did actually have a plan in place, that said basically, as first time owners, they wanted to hire a guy with previous HC experience.

That being the case, they then made a bad choice, as they could've hired either Jackson or Schwartz, who would both have filled the criteria, and, imho, done a better job.

Ultimately, it may prove to be a blessing in disguise, if McDermott does pan out, as he could be our HC for a very long time.

It would seem that the dysfunction being referred to often, was occurring, but that rather than it being the fault of the GM, it was the result of the Ryan hiring, and the addition of his twin to the staff.

I see what you did here...

1CuAQxk.gif

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

Wouldn't this be a more valid comparison if Tyrod had been a starting QB for 6 years and/or Rex had only been an assistant coach/coordinator for 6 before he came here?

But Rex was already a head coach for 6 years before he got his second shot here, and then got 2 more years as HC in Buffalo... (for 8 years total).

So by this logic, I guess Tyrod should get at least 4-6 more years as starting QB then, huh? lol

Absolutely. Sean's defense wasn't better than Rex's last year. Should have kept Rex until we had an upgrade.

I hear 2018 will be a much better pool of coaches to choose from. Don't want to risk picking a mediocre or bad coach.

JM, it is as others have mentioned and as i told you way back on BBmb, there are copyright and DCMA/Fair Use Act laws that really do not allow one to 'steal' another website's complete work. the guidelines here are merely enforcing those laws. again, as i explained to you in the past, this website and the poster posting are liable. you should be thanking the administration here for potentially saving your fanny from litigation. it is, imo a bannable offense should it be an ongoing issue for a member.

but, what do i know. jus' my 2 centavios...

:lol:

well played.

Absolutely. Sean's defense wasn't better than Rex's last year. Should have kept Rex until we had an upgrade.

I hear 2018 will be a much better pool of coaches to choose from. Don't want to risk picking a mediocre or bad coach.

that comment is out in left field, way out...

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

i knew as soon as rex brought in his turd brother it was gonna suck and be over for him soon i think if he had not hired him he would probably still be head coach worked out well,because all he could do is talk a big game offenses figured out his defense five years ago.