NFL reaches deal with Amazon Prime to stream TNF games

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no issue with this because I'm a prime subscriber, but I see this being an issue for cable or OTA folks. Seems another case of the NFL taking corporate money, without considering what it does to the avg fan. Now a fan who enjoys TNF has to shell out $99 for 10 games/yr? If I didn't already subscribe to AP, I'd probably opt for MACtion on Thursday nights.

I have no issue with this because I'm a prime subscriber, but I see this being an issue for cable or OTA folks. Seems another case of the NFL taking corporate money, without considering what it does to the avg fan. Now a fan who enjoys TNF has to shell out $99 for 10 games/yr? If I didn't already subscribe to AP, I'd probably opt for MACtion on Thursday nights.

it will still be on tv - not sure what it means for "cord cutters" though

Btw I usually switch over to cfb too on thursdays unless it's the Bills or a great game

Edited by YoloinOhio

It should have little impact on cable subscribers - the NFL network and CBS are still showing on the TV and will allow them to stream also.

I have no issue either way - another spot to stream - I am sure Amazon will be doing deals associated with NFL march or shows.

As someone who out of the country I pay for all the games anyway. Here's a question. Would you be willing to pay a yearly subscription fee if it meant no more commercial breaks?

They need to make up the money from "fewer" commercials.

I kind of liked the live Twitter feed. Not always able to be in front of the tv during the game and it was seamless.

Can watch amazon on any device too

At under $100 for 2 day shipping, a massive streaming music library, lots of movies/tv, kindle stuff included, and on and on....

It's a fantastic value before adding Nfl. If you get prime and can't find value outside the games you are a curmudgeon that's being stubborn(I do know a few that hate it just to hate change but the overwhelming majority I know love it)

As someone who out of the country I pay for all the games anyway. Here's a question. Would you be willing to pay a yearly subscription fee if it meant no more commercial breaks?

Meaning they'd change the game to eliminate TV timeouts? That would be nice but I wouldn't pay for it.

I might however, be willing to buy a Bills games-only package for a reasonable price. I can't believe they won't offer that.