PFT: McCoy's absence not contract related

year / shady cap / kiko cap

2015 / $5.5 / $0.8

2016 / $7.7 / $0.8

2017 / $8.9 / $2.9

2018 / $8.9 / $9.7

2019 / $9.0 / $8.3

So, that's apples to apples. Anyone can tweak an argument in their favour.

@salsports

Bills RB LeSean McCoy was back in Buffalo for voluntary conditioning with the team today.

Tragedy averted. Everyone still ok?

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, that's apples to apples. Anyone can tweak an argument in their favour.

Tragedy averted. Everyone still ok?

I'm a bit winded, but no worse for the wear. Thank you.

still a douche!

uncomfortable word that.

big stinker sounds better

Is that the same child that he abandoned several years ago? The same child that he basically labeled as a mistake on twitter for the whole world to see? The same child he wasn't paying child support for until the child's mother called him out for it? That child?

He either finally decided to take a more active role in the kid's life, or he just uses the kid's birthday as a convenient excuse to dodge other responsibilities. Gun to my head and forced to bet which, I know what my money would be on.

For your sake, I hope you don't hold guns to your head often.

#1 - it's ALWAYS about the money/contract with shady.

as evidenced by his lil fued with kiko, he threw shade ...."n ya new contract garbage lol my 2011 money...,"

as evidenced after being traded to buffalo by not reporting to bills until his contract was redone.

you watch, next season when there is no more "guaranteed" money remaining on his deal.....he will not report.

#2 - shady is a me, me, me player

#3 - on the field he is a superstar, best player on last years team.

#4 - behind a mic, he is candid and refreshing, actually says something real. love em.

#5 - off the field, there are many times when he is a complete piece of chit.

For your sake, I hope you don't hold guns to your head often.

What is with you and the entirely inappropriately cryptic comebacks?

Are you speaking from experience as someone who holds guns to your head often?

Bills football is entertainment and is not as necessarily tied to a persons well being the way it may be with yours.

Think. THEN post. :thumbsup:

He's not a me, me, me player on Sundays though, which is an important difference to note. Dude balls out on Sundays, not trying to chase numbers but trying to win.

The rest of your list is spot on.

He's the kind of player where I'm waiting for something to happen, if it doesn't that's great.

Long may he run...

Everyone here wishes they were Mccoy... Lots of jelly in this thread.

OH HELL no. NO NO NO.

If anyone was able to wish themselves to be someone it sure as hell would not be McCoy.

It might be to wish to be a genuinely good guy with McCoy's talents, but not Shady himself and all his baggage. I am not saying he is even close to the worst NFL baggage player, but we would all wish to be better.

Edited by cba fan

Everyone here wishes they were Mccoy... Lots of jelly in this thread.

I gotta' remember that one when people are criticizing my opinions on TSW........they hate me cuz they ain't me! That must be your issue. Thanks for enlightening us. B-)

Bills football is entertainment and is not as necessarily tied to a persons well being the way it may be with yours.

Dude, there are few people on this board who take this less seriously than me. You're not one of them. If you didn't understand the context of my obviously sarcastic response, you need to step away from the keyboard for a while.

It's tiring watching you try to tell everyone how they should and shouldn't think.

wow did you miss the mark on this one.. ... I clearly could see the calculated sarcasm that was retorted

wow did you miss the mark on this one.. ... I clearly could see the calculated sarcasm that was retorted

MY response was properly employed sarcasm. :flirt:

eball's implication that KDS73 must be suicidal was an attempt to very acutely de-normalize the person he was arguing with......because he was losing the argument and didn't have a good counter.........it was just veiled in sarcasm for the purpose of plausible deniability.

It's an ignorant but effective technique.......that's why racial slurs are so effective..........there is no counter-argument to "you are wrong because you are less normal than me". :thumbsup:

He was losing the argument for a reason........because he was wrong.........which is an issue he often has here on TSW. :flirt:

MY response was properly employed sarcasm. :flirt:

eball's implication that KDS73 must be suicidal was an attempt to very acutely de-normalize the person he was arguing with......because he was losing the argument and didn't have a good counter.........it was just veiled in sarcasm for the purpose of plausible deniability.

It's an ignorant but effective technique.......that's why racial slurs are so effective..........there is no counter-argument to "you are wrong because you are less normal than me". :thumbsup:

He was losing the argument for a reason........because he was wrong.........which is an issue he often has here on TSW. :flirt:

:wallbash: why not stick to the topic?.. jesus.. this stuff gets old.. why not take off topic critiques.. arguments etc off this. JMHO.. so many threads get hijacked because of this BS.

Edited by dwight in philly

:wallbash: why not stick to the topic?.. jesus.. this stuff gets old.. why not take off topic critiques.. arguments etc off this. JMHO.. so many threads get hijacked because of this BS.

I've been calling out shoutdowns since Scott started the place.

If you felt there was an untouched point on the topic of this thread then by all means spit it out! :doh::lol:

But what is normal?

You will have to ask eball.

He can break you down into the two major categories:

1) Real Fan

2) Suicidal

:flirt:

I've been calling out shoutdowns since Scott started the place.

If you felt there was an untouched point on the topic of this thread then by all means spit it out! :doh::lol:

You will have to ask eball.

He can break you down into the two major categories:

1) Real Fan

2) Suicidal

:flirt:

The idea that you take this more seriously than eball had me chucklin. The same eball that cried about it for 7 pages when I opined that Seantrel Henderson was not a good starter and therefore overrated, and told me it's impossible for a 7th round pick to be overrated even if now a starter. You're fun to read whether I agree with you or not.

You should admit you were wrong and Shady finishes runs even when he goes to the sideline though, because you once said you ALWAYS admit when you're wrong B-)

I was wrong about Roman and Tyrod, thinking ya boy GR was significantly holding him back. Poor take! He just can't see the field.

The idea that you take this more seriously than eball had me chucklin. The same eball that cried about it for 7 pages when I opined that Seantrel Henderson was not a good starter and therefore overrated, and told me it's impossible for a 7th round pick to be overrated even if now a starter. You're fun to read whether I agree with you or not.

You should admit you were wrong and Shady finishes runs even when he goes to the sideline though, because you once said you ALWAYS admit when you're wrong B-)

I was wrong about Roman and Tyrod, thinking ya boy GR was significantly holding him back. Poor take! He just can't see the field.

eball isn't a bad guy.......he just takes perceived slights on the organization personally and that gets him in trouble.

And I've been wrong plenty of times on TSW and freely admit that........but I sized up McCoy to a tee.

He was exactly what I said he was going to be in 2015.........including having a stubborn habit of not following his blocks and thinking he could just regularly beat defenses wide.

The problem is that since he came into the league defenses have gotten gradually smaller and faster.

Do we remember when the Bills were mocked for having an undersized Bryan Scott playing some downs at LB in 2011?

Now it's the norm to liberally use and even start small LB's as a response to the need for more coverage ability.

McCoy was already a veteran RB in 2011 and ran for 1300+ yards and put up 17 TD's that year.......many of those were dashes around end....to the sideline.....culminating in long runs.

The business in the run game is now done mainly between the hashes.......which is why the backs at the top of the rushing leaders are so big and the scatback has fallen from favor.......almost vanished really.

But in 2015 McCoy was still finishing a very high % of his runs out of bounds and the result was a lot of low production runs that tamped his yards per touch down so much that in 2014 he lead the NFL in LOWEST yards per touch.

He reflected on his work in the offseason after the very disappointing 2015 season.......publicly admitted he was leaving those yards on the table......which I commended him for at that time on TSW......and he then came back and did a MUCH better job of taking runs inside and we all were rewarded.

Dwight thanks you for putting the thread back on topic :thumbsup:

Edited by #BADOL

But in 2015 McCoy was still finishing a very high % of his runs out of bounds and the result was a lot of low production runs that tamped his yards per touch down so much that in 2014 he lead the NFL in LOWEST yards per touch.

You're right that he went to the sideline too much and all the rest of it as far as I can see. It's a minor quibble but I'm telling you, dude almost always stays in the field of play and finishes the run even when along the sideline. I have to give Shady that, even when he messes up and costs us big chunks of yardage he at least finishes it fighting. I watch that because it's something that makes me crazy about Watkins, he goes OOB when there's more yardage to be had a whole lot more than McCoy does.

Heeee's baaaack

per Buffalo news

Nevertheless, having him show up this week undoubtedly will go a long way toward calming any angst that he might be unhappy with the team in some way.

He showed up this week, with the Bills providing photographic evidence via their Twitter account.

tempweek-2-7--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

C9TAth4UMAE4NKi.jpg

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

eball isn't a bad guy.......he just takes perceived slights on the organization personally and that gets him in trouble.

Good lord. I give up. With all due respect to DC Tom, you're all a bunch of idiots.

You're right that he went to the sideline too much and all the rest of it as far as I can see. It's a minor quibble but I'm telling you, dude almost always stays in the field of play and finishes the run even when along the sideline. I have to give Shady that, even when he messes up and costs us big chunks of yardage he at least finishes it fighting. I watch that because it's something that makes me crazy about Watkins, he goes OOB when there's more yardage to be had a whole lot more than McCoy does.

Sammy probably takes "don't take an unnecessary hit" a bit too far......as evidenced by ducking out early twice on key plays in the home finale against the Dolphins.

He also has rabbit ears about it when someone says something about it from the stands.

He really could use a guy like Anquan Boldin on the team to show him how to be a consummate pro........shame on the Bills for not providing anything remotely close to a decent veteran example for him to play with since he got here. SJ13 was THE WRONG guy for him to start with.

But wrt McCoy........one of his signature moves is jumping slightly before a tackle.

That takes a great deal of the impact out of the collision.

I believe that pic from Alonso's instagram that fired up Shady was such a situation.......it wasn't nearly as bad as it looked because Alonso didn't knock him off his feet......he was ALREADY off his feet at contact.

That likely buys McCoy some durability but the problem with that is that there is no physical impact on the defense........I've characterized McCoy's yards as "soft yards" and that's what they are.

It's significant because most teams primarily use the run game to wear down smaller defenses and soften them up for the pass.

So when he was running for 4.3-4.4 ypc........he really was NOT providing much impact.

At 5.4 ypc it's palatable though. :thumbsup:

Usually well deserved slights on the organization.

I'll never understand why people take that personally. The organization has been a laughing stock. Just because you are a fan of them doesn't make you a laughing stock too.

That's the problem........criticism....and skepticism for that matter....have both proven warranted time and again.

I remember a time in the late 90's on this board when we had a few people who were excessively negative and it was at least OFTEN unwarranted.........but now it's like Buddy Nix said SIX YEARS AGO.......don't tell us about the labor pains.....show us the baby! :thumbsup:

Nothing wrong with admitting that the onus to produce is on the organization.

Even still I don't think Bills fans are even excessively pessimistic, all things considered.

Forgiving.......and perhaps increasingly apathetic and bored with the failure........but not that hateful.

Here's a hint to you all: stop thinking that NFL players, or anyone in the world for that matter (except for maybe your children), represent you. They don't.

I think you meant a "tip" but otherwise :thumbsup: .

Winning is what matters so as long as they are all-in in that regard most other things don't matter.

Sammy probably takes "don't take an unnecessary hit" a bit too far......as evidenced by ducking out early twice on key plays in the home finale against the Dolphins.

He also has rabbit ears about it when someone says something about it from the stands.

Is that so?

I like Sammy a lot but that's funny.

LeSean is about finesse till otherwise notified.

He dips out to live and fight another day. The next down perhaps.

Last season showed me much about his heart. and it was good enough.
he is a smart player and knows what his talent is. If Bills want to truly run behind the guards they now have Tolbert. I expect no change in McCoy running style.

Making it this far in the NFL for RB is saying something.

Is that so?
I like Sammy a lot but that's funny.

sensitivity training gone too far ?