Way too early 2017 Season Prediction Thread

Jasovon

As we are now in the abyss that is between free agency and the draft, i figure now is as good a time as any for a far too early prediction for the 2017 season.

I'm going with 9-7. Our defense will be better this year just with the Ryan Brothers gone, and our offense does what our offense does. If Sammy can stay healthy maybe 10-6 but i realistically see our first season with McDermott having a ceiling of 9 wins and no playoffs.

5-11. No young QB is drafted and developed. Rex Ryan is blamed at the end of the year for switching the scheme two years ago and Bills fans are told we need another draft to supply linebackers, safeties, corners, pass rushers, and wide receivers to help Tyrod.

At the moment it feels like 7-9 territory again again. The D needs to respond back in a 4-3, with hopefully Shaq stepping up to what I believe he can be.... Ragland proving me wrong in his suitability for a MLB in this system and a couple of new contributors drafted this year in the secondary.

On offense I see a small regression and at the moment the schedule does look tough. I think 8-8 or better and I'd go into 2018 really believing that will be the year the drought ends.

There are going to be some growing pains with the new coaching staff. The quality of the roster is lacking in places. Even a good draft wouldn't solve the many deficiencies. The Bills are weighed down by a brutal schedule this year as well. This is a team that is one, probably two years away from being a real contender for a playoff spot. This is a 7-9 team as composed at best.