McDermott says WR2 is already on the roster

If McDermott honestly believes there is a legitimate #2 WR on this team then the Pegulas should start looking for the next coach right away. Hopefully it's a smokescreen for the draft/trades/etc.

I concur 100%, IMO we not only don't have a legit WR#2, we also don't have a legit WR#3, Sean needs new eyeglasses, and is one this head in terms of WR evaluation, but I also think its a smokescreen

jc

TRUTH STATED HERE. IF WE ALREADY HAVE OUR NUMBER TWO, THEN SAMMY MIGHT AS WELL GET USED TO BEING DOUBLE TEAMED EVERY PLAY AND TAYLOR WILL BE RUNNING FOR HIS LIFE.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

TRUTH STATED HERE. IF WE ALREADY HAVE OUR NUMBER TWO, THEN SAMMY MIGHT AS WELL GET USED TO BEING DOUBLE TEAMED EVERY PLAY AND TAYLOR WILL BE RUNNING FOR HIS LIFE.

Have you ever heard of the Atlanta Falcons? Yeah, they're pretty good, in fact they made it to the Superbowl...here's receivers they have besides Julio Jones. Roberts & Sanu. They are basically Philly and Andre sizewise and all.

Relax young padawan.

Maybe he sees Davis as a legit 1, take him at 10 and means Sammy is the 2....obviously that's a joke because that would be the last thing the Bills would ever do. They will take an avg #4 and start him. Then wonder why our QB can't crack the top 25 in passing numbers. If we don't take a WR early we will see Sammy doubled every week because no other WR on our roster will scare anyone. Hopefully I'm wrong about that, I just hope this is a smoke screen and we take a WR at 10

I've never said we had to draft Williams or Davis to have a relevant WR corps, there are WR's equally available in the 2nd and 3rd rounds this year that could be just as good as Woods, or better, in fact I fully expect our #10, if we did not trade out, will be used on defense

However if Sean, DW, or Pegs, are going into the 2017 season without a plan to draft young potential WR's, and or TE's, with the idea of maybe using Clay more in the slot, because they 'think' they have a legit #2 already on the team, they are shortchanging the franchise, and us fans

No more or less than the horrific mgmt moves that left us terribly lacking in depth and talent at QB and WR the past couple of years, which cost us games, and cost us playoff berths, amongst all the other reasons, etc

Just saying...

jc

I'll bet you a garbage plate.

you're on. the idea that teams want to have the ability to own these project QBs for the fifth year option makes sense for them to all be drafted in the first round. steep price to pay and i surely hope the bills do not waste their no. 10 pick on someone who could ride the bench for a year or two.

That sucks. Looks like another year of relying too much on Sammy's health.

If Corey Davis is there and we don't take him, then that will end the BPA debate-we are a team that drafts for need- the only sure way to screw up a franchise.

Corey is is going to be a special nfl player. The next A.J. or Julio. Two guys that get their teams to the playoffs almost every year.

Whaley already screwed this up last year. I just cannot see them doing that again.

I'm totally fine with this with hopes that Sammy is healthy this year. Holmes is a good blocker and a big target. Considering our team makeup and likely game plan, #2 WR isn't very important. I'd ether draft Howard if we want a target in the passing game. Would prefer defense though. Really hope we try and load up on talent on the defensive side of the ball, although I suspect we take a QB somewhere in the first 3 rds. Hopefully we can trade down and grab an extra pick or 2

A legit no. 2 wideout is critical for the offense to take a step up- even with a healthy watkins.

If McDermott honestly believes there is a legitimate #2 WR on this team then the Pegulas should start looking for the next coach right away. Hopefully it's a smokescreen for the draft/trades/etc.

I concur 100%, IMO we not only don't have a legit WR#2, we also don't have a legit WR#3, Sean needs new eyeglasses, and is one this head in terms of WR evaluation, but I also think its a smokescreen

jc

You've got serious issues. Glaringly as it is, it's not your sentence structure I'm referring to.

Think about what the Bills offense looks like next year if Sammy Watkins goes down and has to miss 2-3 weeks in the middle of the season. Imagine what our WR corp. would look like if we didn't add a legit WR to the mix via the draft. WR is by far the most glaring need on this team & I don't believe for one second that the Bills aren't going to address the position with one of their first 3 picks.

I still firmly believe the Bills love Corey Davis, and their dream would be to have him on the board at #10. His injury coupled with all the buzz about John Ross and Mike Willaims & Davis hasn't gotten nearly the pub. he deserves. He is a lock to be the #1 WR taken off the board, and I think the Bills would love to be that team.

As a side note I think many on this board are going to be surprised where Mike Williams is selected in the first round. I just don't like him as a prospect. He's sluggish & doesn't get open via speed or route running. He's just so big he comes down with a lot of contested catches. The CB's and S's are a lot better in the NFL and it won't be as easy for him......and I think he's going to struggle. Corey Davis, that's another animal. He will be a YAC beast in the NFL. I can already picture Gilmore blindly going low trying to tackle Davis and totally whiffing.

I couldn't agree more. If Corey Davis is there and we go in a different direction, it will be a huge mistake. Sammy is never guaranteed to be healthy. Holmes on a good day is a #4. Let's not kid ourselves. If this new coaching staff is committed to expanding the passing game and really seeing where we can go with Tyrod, then they have to get a legit #2. Davis would fit that role perfectly.

I want a stud Defensive player... Any of the safeties, a lb, corner in the first. If tyrod is a good qb, he will make the current wrs we have work and Zay Jones in the 2nd..

Adams and Hooker will be gone. No QB has a first round grade. Hopefully some player of value drops to 10 and they can trade back.

My hunch is trade back, take Trubisky or Mahomes late in the first round. Then draft defense the rest of the way.

If you could guarantee Sammy is healthy for 16 games, I don't think they need to add another WR. I would add Howard instead.

Hell even 14 games is probably enough. But they need to add another young WR to hedge against another lost season.

Dragon is correct that if no QB goes in the top 9, it unfort leaves less top tier rookies for us to pick from, so no way Adams and Hooker will be at #10, and Howard and Williams could be gone as well

Do the math, I'm thinking Myles, Solomon, Adams, Hooker, Lattimore, Fournette, Williams, Howard, Foster, but I'm just guessing....

It may only leave us with Davis, a dropping Allen, a rising Peppers, 4 zillion CB's, all the QB's, and the biggest rising player, Reddick

Take your choice but my bet is on a defensive player

Though I'd be beyond elated jumping for joy if its Williams or Davis

Those are players opposing teams will be forced to game plan for

Ditto if we grab a lower rated WR prospect in the 2nd or 3rd

Just go get one

As fans we deserve to be able to watch better legit NFL starting offensive talent on our team Sunday's

jc