Tony Romo Retiring to Become a CBS Broadcaster

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would agree, its best for him to retire. Young enough to still walk away, made more than enough money, but will get paid well to be in the booth.

I agree. Not sure which article it was that I read a couple days ago, but it stated that Romo has made over 125 million off of his football contracts. Thats not including endorsements or anything else. Not bad for what, 15 years worth of work, eh?

I thought I heard this a while back but it may have been a different network. Whoever it was was gong to make him the #2 color commentator immediately.

I'd really like to see Aaron Williams get a shot at somme role if he is interested.

I would agree, its best for him to retire. Young enough to still walk away, made more than enough money, but will get paid well to be in the booth.

..."booth living" can't be all that bad.....Gruden, Mooch, Billick, Polian, JJ, Cowher, etc all seem to be pretty comfortable..as well as former players Marino, Boomer, Sharpe, Deion, Heath Evans, Reggie Wayne, Warner, Terrell Davis, McGinest (a darn good analyst IMO) etc ......

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

Retire or play for an NFC team. Adding a good quarterback to any AFC team like the Texans isn't good when pushing for a WC spot if we were fortunate enough. I don't want the Texans to go 13-3 and the Colts or Titans go 11-5. Much rather see Texans go 8-8 or worse.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope Romo does leave the game. Being ok with his benching, just seeing him and his quotes, how he's been in no hurry to get out of Dallas, I don't think he has a passion to compete in the NFL any more. His experiences and skill set doesn't matter if he's not going to exploit it.

I hope Romo does leave the game. Being ok with his benching, just seeing him and his quotes, how he's been in no hurry to get out of Dallas, I don't think he has a passion to compete in the NFL any more. His experiences and skill set doesn't matter if he's not going to exploit it.

I think this has actually been the one issue that haunted Romo his entire career. He always seemed to lack the extreme competitive nature required to be a championship NFL QB. The guy had all the talent in the world, but could never put it all together. He was always more interested in globetrotting with various celebrity women. Ultimately he did good for himself considering his start as an undrafted free agent. I just don't see him as having left much of a legacy behind. He very well could be walking away at the right time especially considering his health. I just can't picture many other great QB's doing the same.