Tony Romo Retiring to Become a CBS Broadcaster

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't be surprised that Texans and Bills become trade partners for 10.

Who knows, the Texans could think they are one player away. Trade up, get Watson and pair him with Hopkins. Not bad. Get younger and talented at the position.

Bills could easily get Texans 25th, Texans second round in '17 and Texans first in '18.

I was listening to NFL radio today at lunch and they had someone on from Dallas who knows Romo well and he said that Romo has over $100 million in the bank and is close with a number of big-time business people in the Dallas area.

So basically he can do anything he wants. Good for him. Why risk another serious back injury if your heart isn't in it?

The only thing he doesn't have is a SB ring. That hurts but even some MVP's who had one of the best offenses ever and a 28-3 lead in the Super Bowl are in the same boat, minus the $$.

Edited by TheFunPolice

if i had to listen to rex ryan and tony romo at the same time i would have to kick my girlfriends cat. i don't have a girlfriend or a cat.

No. He does not like pussies. Is that surprising for someone who raises bulls? :nana:

He can't be dumber than Aikman, so....would be a plus for Fox.

Romo and Aikman would be a perfect team for Fox - Dumb and dumber!

But of course we get inflicted with Romo on AFC games.

Whaley asleep at the wheel again. Ugh.

I can't tell if this is sarcasm

No it is early CTE symptoms. He should go donate his brain.

He can't be worse than Simms.... but what does this mean for the great twitter account that is philsimmsquotes.... we talked about this.

He should unretire - he is healthier than Romo was.

It's awesome that a guy with no broadcasting experience whatsoever can immediately be hired by a national network and be elevated to the top broadcasting team in his first season. I wish my career started out that way.

The guy broke bones in his back...

He's got all the $$ in the world and once you're a broadcaster you never lose a game and everyone loves you AND you make millions and work a few days a week for 1/3 of the year.

Where's the downside?

Sold!

It's awesome that a guy with no broadcasting experience whatsoever can immediately be hired by a national network and be elevated to the top broadcasting team in his first season. I wish my career started out that way.

That surprised me too.

Like a few others I was skeptical when I first heard the reports that he was leaving football for broadcasting. But now I find it hard to believe he'd give up the top spot that was handed to him to and go back to playing.

Few things would make me happier than seeing Simms demoted. I think Simms and Aikman are both terrible (but Simms much more so), they are in their jobs because of who they were on the field, but no one under 35 really remembers much of Simms career.

I'll be happy without Simms. Unfortunately Romo fits the same profile. For all we know he could be an awful broadcaster as well. The guy has a business degree. I don't think playing football necessarily translates to the booth. Until networks go for substance over style the quality of broadcasting will never change.