Changes coming to Bills front office?

We saw the con last year when the Bills spent 3 picks on an inside linebacker. If McDermott is the next Bill Belichick and can think of next year and not just this year sign me up.

I think that is part of the reason that he is gone. Not the Ragland move specifically, but not having a vision for where the team was going beyond the next game. When they hired Rex, I thought it was clear they envisioned some version of the Seahawks model in their structure. I'm sure they were looking for those leadership characteristics in their next hire.

But if ownership puts pressure on him to win immediately or puts a "playoffs or bust" mandate down, it will be there fault, not McDermott's, if short sighted moves are made.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that is part of the reason that he is gone. Not the Ragland move specifically, but not having a vision for where the team was going beyond the next game. When they hired Rex, I thought it was clear they envisioned some version of the Seahawks model in their structure. I'm sure they were looking for those leadership characteristics in their next hire.

But if ownership puts pressure on him to win immediately or puts a "playoffs or bust" mandate down, it will be there fault, not McDermott's, if short sighted moves are made.

We shall see. The draft will provide more clues.

You just nailed what BBMB was like, and I mean that in a nice way to say that the stuff you post here is almost identical to everyone else who'd posted on the BBMB. TBD is better, by a large margin, because the collective hot takes are kept to a dull roar here due to better moderation, and from what I can tell the base of fans on TBD who stop the junk before it kills the board.

No, we pretty much let Jeff post whatever miserable garbage he wants... :nana:

Guest NeckBeard

No, we pretty much let Jeff post whatever miserable garbage he wants... :nana:

Yes, just like the BBMB, only here things seem to be better managed before they get out of hand. :rolleyes:

Going further, since I am keeping the message board ethos in context here, I would hedge that the vast majority of people here haven't played a down of NFL football, and aren't (or weren't in the past) NFL FO people who can tell us definitively how an organization works, how a war room looks, etc. In that light, everything on TBD is an opinion and/or a hot take. So, harping on what BBMB refugees like me write is somewhat ironic. That's what I was saying.

I can't speak for others.

I'm trained to get the facts directly by talking to people whom I trust and not merely rushing out and citing others, who are using unnamed sources.

This doesn't mean I ignore the reports or doubt them. It's my job to get to the truth, and that's what I do.

If all I did was quote Schefter, Rappaport or LaCanfora then what would be the purpose of me covering the Bills?

jw

If you say so.

I wasn't angry at Lynn, so you're wrong in blaming all media.

jw

Thanks for the reply. I wish more reporters would dig for facts as you do.

I've never really understood the whole concept of having an NFL GM. The head coach runs the team and he should also be exclusively in charge of selecting the type of players he wants for his system no matter how long he is with the team. Maybe all head coaches should be general managers? Rex did not get along with Whaley and now we're in the same boat with Sean McDermott. Whaley's made some good selections but he's also failed on finding a quarterback. I would give McDermott much more responsibility on this team at this point.

Where is the proof of the friction between Whaley and the coaches?

Please provide a link or proof that this is something MORE than wild specutlation.

Thank you

Please provide a link or proof that this is something MORE than wild specutlation.

Thank you

Things like this take on a life of their own when people treat speculation as fact. Remember when Tyrod had the Bills over a barrel because of his groin surgery?

Whaley isn't apt to make himself available in those situations and he should have been compelled by someone in PR or higher up to do just that.

But, as when people bring up the defense when defending TT's performance as a QB, that is simply not relevant. Just as the elements of TT's execution of his position can be critiqued on their own merits on a play to play basis, so, too, can the performance of media members at pressers. Given that they knew the parameters of Lynn's press conference beforehand, some performed miserably on a question to question basis. I'll just let it go at that.

I appreciate your participation and feedback in this thread.

There were no parameters. Answers were required. That the Bills elected to trot out Anthony Lynn at that time, is a reflection on the team and Whaley rather than the media.

jw

There a pack of "pit bulls" on this forum that once they get something in their craw they will not stop shaking til it is dead.

They go from one victim to the next. EJ, REX, Whaley, Brandon, who will be the next?

Pitiful but it will not stop because it is just their nature.

What is pitiful is your list of names. God forbid the fanbase wants a winning, playoff capable team every once in awhile and recognizes the parts of the organization that are failures.

Thank you

Is this a joke? Really.

What is pitiful is your list of names. God forbid the fanbase wants a winning, playoff capable team every once in awhile and recognizes the parts of the organization that are failures.

Is this a joke? Really.

....Jesus, talk about beating a non-issue dead horse even "deader" BBMB style.......

Is this a joke? Really.

REALLY - What do you have other than bloggers speculating?

I'll wait...

REALLY - What do you have other than bloggers speculating?

I'll wait...

Why would you or anyone defend this FO or past FOs during this drought? That's the real mind boggling question to me.

...sorry I forgot...it was 24 pages and 19,525 views ago........infringing on the EJ Signed By Raiders thread.....does that clear it up?............

What is the title of this thread?

Why would you or anyone defend this FO or past FOs during this drought? That's the real mind boggling question to me.

What is the title of this thread?

...uh oh....Bob Matthews BBMB worshiper again......should have known.....go do your homework....and then use IGNORE....we'll be fine son......

...uh oh....Bob Matthews BBMB worshiper again......should have known.....go do your homework....and then use IGNORE....we'll be fine son......

how about leaving the bbmb where it is, dead and gone!

not telling you what to do but I have seen a few bring that board up. it's dead, it don't exist and it is best to just leave it that way. most have moved on and now use this board to discuss so turn a new leaf, let the past die.

might be hard for you to do though since you carried your sig over here and it may have some special memories for you.