Changes coming to Bills front office?

It's a message board. There will be opinions different than clap and cheer. Stop being so dramatic if someone disagrees with the sunshine and rainbows view.

Please don't write phrases like this "when provided 2 if not more". Ouch.

Sounds like you are saying you are wrong. Is this your verrsin of saying you are wrong?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brandon isn't gone. He got a promotion. EJ was not re-signed because he couldn't play. Rex was fired after a tumultuous season in which the front office blamed him through the media for the season going poorly. It was partially his fault, but the roster assembled wasn't good either.

Career minded coaches like McDermott do not take a HC job where there isn't a chance to succeed. If McD can get T/K Pegs to jettison Whaley, who is only 1 of 2 HC's in the NFL (Dave Caldwell) to be a GM 4 full seasons and not deliver a playoff appearance, it would be a long overdue move.

Job security. I already explained that. The Dolphins are not a model franchise. The Falcons are a wait and see. Kyle Shanahan and the offense carried the team, not Quinn.

Belicheck did not have job security when he first joined the Pats LOL. He was rumored to be on the hot seat after starting 5-13 in his first two years. Then Brady took over.

He was given roster control day 1.

Carroll wasn't given job security immediately....he had to earn his keep just like every coach.

Now Quinn didn't make the Falcons? He's the HC.

Sean Payton must be unique too.

I see why so many people argue with you on here...you just make any wild assumption to try to strengthen your point.

It's a message board. There will be opinions different than clap and cheer. Stop being so dramatic if someone disagrees with the sunshine and rainbows view.

Please don't write phrases like this "when provided 2 if not more". Ouch.

A wait and see approach is a sunshine and rainbows pov?

WTF? Is this how your mind has processed this exchange?

Edited by Teeflebees

Could you try that again in English?

Sure, Jeff's opinion that HC's cant be successful GM's isn't magic and has been proven without a shadow of doubt to be factually incorrect by numerous people within the last half hour. Regardless of being proven factually incorrect Jeff continues to digg a deeper hole and his posts arent magic. In English for you Jeff.

I've never really understood the whole concept of having an NFL GM. The head coach runs the team and he should also be exclusively in charge of selecting the type of players he wants for his system no matter how long he is with the team. Maybe all head coaches should be general managers? Rex did not get along with Whaley and now we're in the same boat with Sean McDermott. Whaley's made some good selections but he's also failed on finding a quarterback. I would give McDermott much more responsibility on this team at this point.

You are defending a power structure that doesn't work. Belichick and Carroll are in unique situations. McDermott needs to win now. That's what he is doing. The long term health of the Bills means nothing to him.

You can't say Belichek and Carroll are unique but then claim that your model is to follow 2 of the best GMs of the modern era, the greatest pure football ownership group, and then the Broncos who have done it both ways. Edited by BrooklynBills

Belicheck did not have job security when he first joined the Pats LOL. He was rumored to be on the hot seat after starting 5-13 in his first two years. Then Brady took over.

He was given roster control day 1.

Carroll wasn't given job security immediately....he had to earn his keep just like every coach.

Now Quinn didn't make the Falcons? He's the HC.

I see why so many people argue with you on here...you just make any wild assumption to try to strengthen your point.

Different coaches will have more or less job security. There is no such thing as true job security as an NFL coach. But if a coach believes he has job security there is a better chance he will take a long view with respect to player management.

Belichick and Carroll were highly sought after coaches when they started their respective jobs. Why didn't you mention that? They were not average Joe coaches! The best of the best do have more job security in a first time job than a McDermott who stepped into a Buffalo organization known for quick hooks to coaches.

Different coaches will have more or less job security. There is no such thing as true job security as an NFL coach. But if a coach believes he has job security there is a better chance he will take a long view with respect to player management.

Belichick and Carroll were highly sought after coaches when they started their respective jobs. Why didn't you mention that? They were not average Joe coaches! The best of the best do have more job security in a first time job than a McDermott who stepped into a Buffalo organization known for quick hooks to coaches.

You are assuming McDermott is on a short leash which there is no evidence of. He has a 5 year deal; I'd expect him to see 3 years even if we went 2-14 the next two years.

You are assuming McDermott is on a short leash which there is no evidence of. He has a 5 year deal; I'd expect him to see 3 years even if we went 2-14 the next two years.

It comes down to what McDermott believes. You are on the right track with that. Most NFL coaches are on a short leash. There are a few NFL coaches that believe this doesn't apply to them and in those situations they can excel with roster responsibility.

It comes down to what McDermott believes. You are on the right track with that. Most NFL coaches are on a short leash. There are a few NFL coaches that believe this doesn't apply to them and in those situations they can excel with roster responsibility.

My point is more that you pick the guy who will lead rather stick to a specific structure.

There are pros and cons to both approaches.

My point is more that you pick the guy who will lead rather stick to a specific structure.

There are pros and cons to both approaches.

We saw the con last year when the Bills spent 3 picks on an inside linebacker. If McDermott is the next Bill Belichick and can think of next year and not just this year sign me up.

Chip Kelly was the hottest coaching candidate when he went to Philly. He even made the playoffs and finished 10-6 in his first two years. Job security!

Guest NeckBeard

If this is what passes for an argument from the BBMB folks color me unimpressed. Make a point and stop rambling.

You just nailed what BBMB was like, and I mean that in a nice way to say that the stuff you post here is almost identical to everyone else who'd posted on the BBMB. TBD is better, by a large margin, because the collective hot takes are kept to a dull roar here due to better moderation, and from what I can tell the base of fans on TBD who stop the junk before it kills the board.