Jay Cutler for backup?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then you haven't watched Cutler play. He is a turnover machine. He makes less plays and more mistakes than Tyrod. When you pair that with his 17-28 record since 2013 and what could possibly go wrong???

i saw him throw over the middle though

(To Kyle Williams)

NO WAY!!! He is going to want money and a lot of it... he also isn't going to want to sign somewhere as a backup.. I wouldn't mind him being the back up QB but he will want way too much money and we don't have the money to pay a back up QB like that.. I think retirement is his best option.

Probably? Most definitely in my opinion.

you know, your agenda/hate/dislike/asinine posts of taylor are ridiculous enough but this one takes the cake.

so, a taylor led team the last two seasons had 7 and 8 wins

cutler the last two seasons had 3 and 6 wins.

but in your world, wherever that may be, cutler is the better QB.

of course the win/losses were all on TT where I'm sure you'll have some brilliant excuse for cutler.

like I said, what an asinine post.

Asinine-Web.jpg?format=1000w

can't wait to see you top that one off...

Then you haven't watched Cutler play. He is a turnover machine. He makes less plays and more mistakes than Tyrod. When you pair that with his 17-28 record since 2013 and what could possibly go wrong???

Putting aside his diminishing performances he is the type of player that a new coach who wants to instill a more spirited and competitive environment to the locker room wouldn't want to have on his team, let alone taking the snaps. I'm not labeling him as a bad character because he is not. He simply possesses an aloof personality that doesn't translate into much leadership especially for a struggling team. There are all types of leadership, loud and quiet, but for a qb he doesn't fall within the spectrum that a qb should have.

Although Cutler wouldn't be a good fit in Buffalo he would be an intriguing fit for a good team such as Houston that is desperate for some adequate qb play. Maybe playing on a better team that is a serious playoff team might rejuvenate his fading career and engage his somewhat peculiar disengaged personality. Or maybe the volatile Houston HC would beat him up on the sidelines for throwing one of his inexplicable interceptions at an inopportune time?

Putting aside his diminishing performances he is the type of player that a new coach who wants to instill a more spirited and competitive environment to the locker room wouldn't want to have on his team, let alone taking the snaps. I'm not labeling him as a bad character because he is not. He simply possesses an aloof personality that doesn't translate into much leadership especially for a struggling team. There are all types of leadership, loud and quiet, but for a qb he doesn't fall within the spectrum that a qb should have.

Although Cutler wouldn't be a good fit in Buffalo he would be an intriguing fit for a good team such as Houston that is desperate for some adequate qb play. Maybe playing on a better team that is a serious playoff team might rejuvenate his fading career and engage his somewhat peculiar disengaged personality. Or maybe the volatile Houston HC would beat him up on the sidelines for throwing one of his inexplicable interceptions at an inopportune time?

Agree 100% John. Houston makes a lot of sense at this point. Even as a stopgap their window is open and they have terrible QBs. Cutler is below average but better than Savage. They can sign Cutler to a short-term deal and draft someone at 25.

O'Brien would totally throw hands with Cutler, I mean he wanted to choke slam Tom Brady FFS :lol:

But in all seriousness I think O'Brien would not want Cutler, it's known he hated Osweiler, so could you imagine the chemistry between Cutler and him.

Agree 100% John. Houston makes a lot of sense at this point. Even as a stopgap their window is open and they have terrible QBs. Cutler is below average but better than Savage. They can sign Cutler to a short-term deal and draft someone at 25.

Cutler is now a much battered and bruised player. The player he reminds me of to a degree is Jeff George, arguably the purest passer in the game. Both were elite (George was incomparable) passers and both had headstrong and detached personalities.

I consider Jeff George to be one of the best, if not the best, passers in the game. He possessed a golden arm and a concrete head. His physical talents were squandered because of his stubbornness and unwillingness to follow instruction. If coaches were allowed to carry guns on the sidelines each player would be shot with the defense being good cause.

Jeff George wasn't really a bad person. He was simply an odd duck.

O'Brien would totally throw hands with Cutler, I mean he wanted to choke slam Tom Brady FFS :lol:

But in all seriousness I think O'Brien would not want Cutler, it's known he hated Osweiler, so could you imagine the chemistry between Cutler and him.

It's what you call a toxic mixture. :w00t:

Jay Cutler is likely one of my favourite meme's in the NFL.

If you aren't familiar with the story - here it is:

[/size]

Friend is in a bar in Chicago during the off-season. He goes to the bathroom and sees Jay Cutler, hat on backwards, taking a piss at the urinal. So the guy starts going to the bathroom and says, “Hey, I’m a huge fan, also went to Vanderbilt… ”

Jay throws his head back, still pissing, eyes half-closed because he’s drunk, interrupts him with, “DOOOONNNNTTTTTT CAAAAAARRRREEEEEE.”

jay-cutler-dont-care.jpg

Number6DontCare400w_2048x2048_medium.jpg

I would've said the same thing, not a big fan of urinal talkers especially if I don't even know the dude.

Cutler is now a much battered and bruised player. The player he reminds me of to a degree is Jeff George, arguably the purest passer in the game. Both were elite (George was incomparable) passers and both had headstrong and detached personalities.

I consider Jeff George to be one of the best, if not the best, passers in the game. He possessed a golden arm and a concrete head. His physical talents were squandered because of his stubbornness and unwillingness to follow instruction. If coaches were allowed to carry guns on the sidelines each player would be shot with the defense being good cause.

Jeff George wasn't really a bad person. He was simply an odd duck.

It's what you call a toxic mixture. :w00t:

I agree with you on Jeff George's talent. The only way to get it to work would be a coaching staff George really respected and a backup who could carry game and play same style so he could talk with him while other QB was on field and tell him see that is what you could do but so much better it you just play it as we call it.

Now Cutter is not as talented but it appears it works out for a while but then he falls back into old habits and coaches get blame and fired.

Miami is ONLY place he could function since with Case as his OC.