So who's going to be the #2 QB?

Rubes

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would hope we draft a QB at 10 and then let him sit the first few games. Then next season dump Tyrod and trade CJ and then draft 2 more. Better depth at QB to fight for the franchise roll over the other teams backup garbage this team has been stuck in since Kelly retired. If you want better QBs you have to accualy try to get one they don't fall from the sky.

I'd like a vet (like Daniel) on a 1 year deal. Tyrod as the starter, Daniel as the vet and Cardale as the prospect. I'd draft a guy in 2018 to be the future if Tyrod doesn't take steps this year.

Despite what some want here the Bills aren't remaking the QB depth chart. They may add a vet or they may add another mid-round guy. I would be really, really surprised if they took a QB in the first 2 rounds (unless they acquire another 2nd in a trade down). They have too many glaring holes. They have a viable option at QB now (not perfect) but they have 3-4 starting spots without a viable starter (#2 WR, S, CB, WLB). The Bills will draft BPA with a focus on those areas. If a QB that they like is around in the middle of the draft they will pull the trigger.

I'd like a vet (like Daniel) on a 1 year deal. Tyrod as the starter, Daniel as the vet and Cardale as the prospect. I'd draft a guy in 2018 to be the future if Tyrod doesn't take steps this year.

Despite what some want here the Bills aren't remaking the QB depth chart. They may add a vet or they may add another mid-round guy. I would be really, really surprised if they took a QB in the first 2 rounds (unless they acquire another 2nd in a trade down). They have too many glaring holes. They have a viable option at QB now (not perfect) but they have 3-4 starting spots without a viable starter (#2 WR, S, CB, WLB). The Bills will draft BPA with a focus on those areas. If a QB that they like is around in the middle of the draft they will pull the trigger.

Yep. This was my fear of keeping TT.

We're screwed.

Yep. This was my fear of keeping TT.

We're screwed.

That is how I am looking at it as well. When they kept him they punted on this class.

Over the last 2 years his performance has been in line with Dalton (3 less TDs, 3 less INTs) & better than Tannehill (2 more TDs, half as many INTs). All 3 played in 29 games. Those guys are the guys that teams every year wonder if they should upgrade from. They always seem to stick and I think it is in large part because the contracts dictate that. The Bills have another year to see if TT takes a step forward to a level like what Jameis gave (minus the turnovers). If TT can give you 30 TDs (running and passing) with 10 or fewer INTs that would be a nice year. About 2 TDs a game and just under a turnover, with increased 3rd down production and we will be fine. If he doesn't take that step you look to the 2018 draft and take your swing there.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Jones will be the #2. If there even is a third QB on this team, it will be through the draft.

To be honest, that hadn't crossed my mind. There are teams that do it and I could see the Bills being one of them. If they bring in a vet and think that Cardale is better, there is no reason to waste a roster spot on that 3rd guy. If they draft a guy in the mid to late rounds and think that Cardale is better you may stash that guy on the practice squad. It is possible that the Bills only carry 2.

If they carry 2 klckers and 2 QBs they will have a couple of roster spots available that they didnt have over the last couple of years. This may allow them to keep an extra OL (Glenn, Richie, Wood, Miller, Mills, CK, Henderson, Groy, Duccase) and an extra DB or WR depending on how close those competitions are. They are already planning on multiple fullbacks. It is an interesting thought.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Jones will be the #2. If there even is a third QB on this team, it will be through the draft.

I tend to agree. This team cannot draft a QB at #10 and just sit him. There are other positions of need that they can draft at 10 and put him on the field right away.

I'm sold that they are picking Watson if he is available. I said all along Rex and TT took the heat for last seasons failure and the benching/bridge contract are a sign of an organization that doesn't believe in their QB.

Watson is everything EJ wasn't, his team won because of him, EJ's lost because of him. Mahomes seems to be a little less polished coming out. Kizer represents too much of what failed with Manuel (perfect QB body without the results). The more I think about it the more I think it's Watson, I don't love it but I will remain hopeful if it happens.

The bridge needs to lead somewhere and this is my best guess.

watson might be the pick i am cool with.

But right now i say Cardale should be the #2. He should at least be able to hold the fort down a game or two at this point. And last years appearance should certainly be discounted.

Case Keenum would be my best guess if we don't draft a rookie QB early in the draft. Cardale Jones and him would fight for the backup spot. Colin Kaepernick is a long shot, but not completely out of the question.

Kap's demonstrations during the national anthem were roundly booed in Buffalo. A PR nightmare to bring him to Buffalo. Ain;t gona happen says common business sense.

It's going to come down to Kaeper nick, Keenum, Fitzy or whoever we draft Mahomes/ Peterman/ Kelly...I just don't know if Cardale even makes the team?

If it's Kaepernick I'm done. No BS. I served 23 years to protect his right to protest, but that doesn't mean that I have to like what he stands for, which is self promotion and creating an issue where there was none. He says he was protesting "injustice" but never gave us any specifics about exactly what he was kneeling about. I suspect he doesn't even know, he just wanted to call attention to himself. Not only that, he sucks as a QB. No thanks.

A rookie is the only backup the Bills should have. You DO NOT get a "veteran" backup when you don't even have a franchise QB.

I don't understand why people still don't get it...

The trouble with that philosophy is that the season is basically over if the starter gets injured... IMHO.