Zach Brown visiting Bills

If we can make this happen we've done quite well in free agency imo. This could allow us to draft QB in rd 1 and still fill all of our holes this offseason, minus RT. Maholmes rd 1or in a trade back, WR rd 2, cB rd 3. RT rd 5 and DL/DB rd 6.

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just keep posting things you heard and believe them for the facts that that aren't. Seems to be a message board creed.

What on earth are you talking about? You posted that he had a "no tackling" clause in his contract. I simply pointed out that he was second in the league in tackles. You know, a stat. Then you started asking me questions. Maybe you should have some facts to back up your assertions.

What on earth are you talking about? You posted that he had a "no tackling" clause in his contract. I simply pointed out that he was second in the league in tackles. You know, a stat. Then you started asking me questions. Maybe you should have some facts to back up your assertions.

What does Holy cow another one mean? You didn't expect a response. You jumped on responses by others without any research. Why did you fell the need to respond and the bail on the logic behind it?

What does Holy cow another one mean? You didn't expect a response. You jumped on responses by others without any research. Why did you fell the need to respond and the bail on the logic behind it?

I expected a response backing up your assertion that the second leading tackler in the league had a "no tackling" clause in his contract.

Not sure what kind of deal this dude is expecting. It was rumored that even before the season was over last year he was hoping his hot start would help him cash in. As the season progressed he kind of disappeared. Went into self-preservation mode after it was clear that more than a few guys on defense were done with Rex and the playoffs were out of the question. He was looking out for himself, playing not to get hurt and then he hits FA, doesn't get the monster deal he expects, fires his agent and signs with a new one and starts shopping around again. He turned down Oakland last week. They're a team on the rise and a destination for FAs after being a wasteland for the past decade or so. Miami just committed big money to Alonso so I'm not sure what type of deal they'd offer Brown. It's also been said that a deal has been on the table for him from the Bills since the end of the season but now that he has a new agent he wants to renegotiate. Maybe he's had a chance to learn what McDermott's plans are going forward and wants to be a part of that. If he does wind up here hopefully it's a fair deal and hopefully he keeps up the effort all season long.

I expected a response backing up your assertion that the second leading tackler in the league had a "no tackling" clause in his contract.

You didn't give me one. Nice side step attempt

You figure a guy this good would have been in, at least for a visit, AZ by now. The team is hurting at LB yet they pass on the 2nd highest tackler in the league. I wonder why that is. All thise visits and no contract yet.... interesting.

Depth only? So who are our starters? We currently have Preston, Zo, Ragland and a bunch of unproven guys... Even Ragland is unproven at this point.

he may have to start because of lack of quality at starting positions. That won't be good

Finally, I really want him back.

Why? He isn't great and we have no idea if he fits in this new defense. I give him a very Meh deal like he is receiving from other teams. Take it or leave it. This guy isn't some all star, all world LB or he would have been gone in the first 48 hours of free agency.

You figure a guy this good would have been in, at least for a visit, AZ by now. The team is hurting at LB yet they pass on the 2nd highest tackler in the league. I wonder why that is. All thise visits and no contract yet.... interesting.

And from reports his visit with the Raiders went really bad. This guy is an average LB and nothing more

Ok, one more try...

I don't think you know how this works. YOU made the claim that he doesn't tackle. You did.. got it? OK, Good. Then, I made the counter point that he was second in the league in tackles. Tackles are a statistic. Being second in the league in tackles might lead one to believe that said player is a good tackler, and that it might be a ridiculous assumption to say that they had a "no tackling clause" in their contract.

Now, given the details of our conversation above, who would be responsible for providing backup proving that he is a poor tackler?

Ok, one more try...

I don't think you know how this works. YOU made the claim that he doesn't tackle. You did.. got it? OK, Good. Then, I made the counter point that he was second in the league in tackles. Tackles are a statistic. Being second in the league in tackles might lead one to believe that said player is a good tackler, and that it might be a ridiculous assumption to say that they had a "no tackling clause" in their contract.

Now, given the details of our conversation above, who would be responsible for providing backup proving that he is a poor tackler?

Ok you win, based on his "Stats" he's the best at the position. Oh wait, Second best. And for the record, my contract comment was an indictment on the lack of basic skills that the defense did not show last season. But resigning this top of the league ILB should correct that. Good job Thank you!

I worry that he's using us for leverage with Miami.

When a former player goes back to his old team, it generally just gets announced as a done deal after they've taken other visits.

I find it odd that they're making a point to say he'll 'visit' us after he visits Miami. It reads to me like he's saying "Buffalo's got the best offer. Beat it and i'm yours".

Edited by BillsFanForever19

It appears to me that Zach has looked around to see what else is out there and may have concluded that the Bills are the best fit.

If they can get him at a good rate it would be a huge add for the team.

Zach would be an every down player for us. We would have Z. Brown, P. Brown, Ragland, and Alexander at LB in the 4-3, which is a pretty good group.

Signing Zach would allow McD to utilize Alexander at both LB and DE.