Zach Brown visiting Bills

Ok you win, based on his "Stats" he's the best at the position. Oh wait, Second best. And for the record, my contract comment was an indictment on the lack of basic skills that the defense did not show last season. But resigning this top of the league ILB should correct that. Good job Thank you!

Please show me where I said that.

Look, if you are going to post an opinion please be prepared to back it up. It's not too much to ask, this is a discussion board after all.

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I worry that he's using us for leverage with Miami.

When a former player goes back to his old team, it generally just gets announced as a done deal after they've taken other visits.

I find it odd that they're making a point to say he'll 'visit' us after he visits Miami.

Ok, Bye. I have no issue with him signing with Miami. He will be good for at least 14 missed tackles on Shady alone in our two meetings

When a former player goes back to his old team, it generally just gets announced as a done deal after they've taken other visits.

I find it odd that they're making a point to say he'll 'visit' us after he visits Miami. It reads to me like he's saying "Buffalo's got the best offer. Beat it and i'm yours".

Exactly what i was thinking. I hope he actually makes it to the meeting with our fo, then we can move on no matter what happens

Exactly what i was thinking. I hope he actually makes it to the meeting with our fo, then we can move on no matter what happens

Miami over paying for him would be funny. But I could see him being very successful in that aggressive defense.

Please show me where I said that.

Look, if you are going to post an opinion please be prepared to back it up. It's not too much to ask, this is a discussion board after all.

Didn't say you did, If you read it it said BASED ON HIS STATS. The guys is average and if he doesn't sign no big deal. Since no contract offers yet I suspect I'm not the only one that feels that way. That's my opinion. I know what I've seen all season.

I'm not sure the fit for MIami. Too similar to Kiko, IMO

kiko could move to mike, or brown to jack. They're almost a damn perfect 3-4 team. If they got a solid mike they'd be stacked for 34 cover 2 and cover 4

Brown is smarter than Alonso whilst alonso is more instinctual. I would welcome both on a 34 team

I feel like some people have forgotten what our Linebackers played like before Zach Brown came here.

Zach Brown is an above average LB in this league. That is not easy to find, which was evident since Fletcher and T.Spikes left.

It is critical to get him back so we can close a need before the draft.

People love to say he missed 14 tackles. The dude had 149 tackles. Less than 10% of his tackles were missed. So he has a 90% tackle rate. I wish every player on our made the play 90% of the time.

kiko could move to mike, or brown to jack. They're almost a damn perfect 3-4 team. If they got a solid mike they'd be stacked for 34 cover 2 and cover 4

Brown is smarter than Alonso whilst alonso is more instinctual. I would welcome both on a 34 team

IDK, that combo is a little "light" for me

Depth only? So who are our starters? We currently have Preston, Zo, Ragland and a bunch of unproven guys... Even Ragland is unproven at this point.

Zach Brown is decent. He wore out big time in the second half of the season. I like him as a situational substitution coverage LB in obvious passing situations. Basically he is a solid role player, and should be paid accordingly. He is not a thumper. If we are smart we will draft Reuben Foster at 10 if he is available. He is an amped up Zach Brown. Can rush the passer, cover the short pass, and knock the crap out of everything in his way.

I find it odd that they're making a point to say he'll 'visit' us after he visits Miami. It reads to me like he's saying "Buffalo's got the best offer. Beat it and i'm yours".

Maybe the Bills said, here's your offer. Feel free to shop around and bring your best deal back to us. We'll talk further. And so they are.

Or the Bills are trying to get Miami to overspend.

We think we know, but we just, don't, know.

IDK, that combo is a little "light" for me

in a pass happy league facing the NFC south this year they only have Atlanta to worry about. McCoy doesn't need a big body to be stopped.

They'll have 9 games against light runners. Jay ajayi is then only heavy runner in the east

I would be comfortable with those two for 2017 and don't eben know the rest of their schedule.

Maybe the Bills said, here's your offer. Feel free to shop around and bring your best deal back to us. We'll talk further. And so they are.

Or the Bills are trying to get Miami to overspend.

We think we know, but we just, don't, know.

I'm almost positive that's what's going on. But by saying he'll be visiting us after Miami - he's essentially saying "Your the last stop. if you can't beat Buffalo's offer, i'll see you twice a year".

When have you ever heard a player 'take a visit' from the team he was just playing with a couple months ago?

I hope i'm wrong. But my gut's telling me this is for leverage and he'll sign with Miami.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

Jay SkurskiVerified account @JaySkurski 1h1 hour ago

LB Zach Brown is still on his visit with the Dolphins. "As of now," he's scheduled to visit the #Bills, according to a league source.

I'm almost positive that's what's going on. But by saying he'll be visiting us after Miami - he's essentially saying "Your the last stop. if you can't beat Buffalo's offer, i'll see you twice a year".

When have you ever heard a player 'take a visit' from the team he was just playing with a couple months ago?

I hope i'm wrong. But my gut's telling me this is for leverage and he'll sign with Miami.

The new coaching staff, in this case, likely wants to meet with him first.

No question Z Brown's play, and specifically against the run, deteriorated, end of season

However through the first 11-12 games or so he was playing at an all pro all star level

Should he re-sign here, with no offense to all the other FA's we signed, he would be the highest profile player, and most talented, to return

He also adds immense versatility as we would have 3 potential MLB's/ILB's of the 4 starting LB's

I just wonder how many times will our Bills will actually use 3 LB's on the field in 2017

Its noted Sean's scheme plays in nickel 65% of the time

That means only 2 LB's will be on the field 65% of the time, likely Ragland, and one of the Brown's

Then on 3rd down, most likely Alexander on the outside supplanting both Brown's

I'm just pointing out maybe why our Bills are not eagerly chasing Zack, for he is not a 3 down starting player in this scheme

The again neither was Lorax

jc

ZB is a slightly above average LB, who was a heck of a lot better than the guys we had before him. He had good games last year and some that weren't so good, but overall made a positive contribution.

OK, now replace "ZB" with "TT" and "LB" with "QB" and see if the discussion looks familiar.

Is ZB as good as we need to have in that spot? Is he just good enough to let us finish 8-8 or thereabouts? My point is those are not fair questions for any player, at any position. The fact is that both ZB and TT are better than any available replacements, and the Bills are better with them than without them.