Any way you slice it Kaepernick represents good value

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kap is suddenly willing to stand for the anthem. I guess the vague injustices he was protesting aren't so important after all.

This guy became a side show and now he's jobless. Todays GM's/Coaches on short leashes don't need the added burden of a side show.

Cue TBD's finest w/ racist accusations

So.................this year Kaepernick will stand before NFL games ..............

What do I care what he does in his living room ???

:rolleyes:

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/03/colin_kaepernick_ignored_by_th.html#incart_river_index

• Super Bowl experience
  • great wheels
  • still in his prime

Politics aside the guy can still play and yes I was at the 49ers game last year. This would be a no risk acquisition with all upside and I would support it.

the idea of having an idiot headcase with no mental playing skills bothers me, that and that his hair looks like a zoomed in veiw of my ball fro.

http://scholar.harvard.edu/fryer/publications/empirical-analysis-racial-differences-police-use-force

Abstract:

This paper explores racial dierences in police use of force. On non-lethal uses of force, blacks and Hispanics are more than fifty percent more likely to experience some form of force in interactions with police. Adding controls that account for important context and civilian behavior reduces, but cannot fully explain, these disparities. On the most extreme use of force officer-involved shootings we find no racial differences in either the raw data or when contextual factors are taken into account. We argue that the patterns in the data are consistent with a model in which police officers are utility maximizers, a fraction of which have a preference for discrimination, who incur relatively high expected costs of officer-involved shootings.

Edited by Rob's House

ftfy

it is not absurd. nor did i say he had to eat meat. but, excellent misunderstanding and testimony of lack of a reading ability. *high five*

while he is boycotting hawaii, could you please pick up a book on grammar, you're going to be needing it. your lacking in the grammar department is making me miss the days of yore when posters could articulate correctly without such irony. *high five*

ps, hawaii sucks.

His diet being vegan certainly implies not eating meat. I guess that's a stretch for you to figure out. Enlighten me, what should he change about his diet to get bigger?

He's a taller version of Tyrod. He'll be someone's backup QB but hopefully not here. Instead want us to draft a guy like Peterman in the 3rd to develop the next few years behind Tyrod "the bridge" Taylor. Or if we stumble take a better QB in 2018 or 2019.

His diet being vegan certainly implies not eating meat. I guess that's a stretch for you to figure out. Enlighten me, what should he change about his diet to get bigger?

vegan doesn't eat a lot protein rich things, besides meat.

and if he wants to get bigger, i was up late last night and saw an infomercial as i was falling asleep. it talked about male enhancement but i am not sure how it worked on the details. it was something called extenze. maybe he could try that.

why insult the president?? .. with your comments from what i am reading. .. being a combat vet does not give you immunity .. for crissakes, dont use "being a combat vet" as a shield.

I'm not sure how I'm using it as a shield. I mentioned my vet status to show I'm sensitive to the idea of respecting the flag and all it stands for and yet would still support Kaep as a Bill.

As for politics, I don't agree with Kaep or Trump. I think Kaep should stand, I think Trump should be a better human being, and I think Rex - as our HC - shouldn't have publicly supported a very divisive politician. But that's just politics. If Trump had bought the Bills, I'd still be a Bills fan. If Rex had stayed with the Bills, I would have wished him many Super Bowls. And if Kaep puts on a red, white and navy blue uni, I'll root for him.

The thing about Kaep is that he was actually hoping his actions would actually help make America a better place. While I think his protest was misguided, it was well intentioned. As others have pointed out, many football players are guilty of doing things that aren't well intentioned. Yet we still cheer them on when they wear the colors of our favorite team.

Not sure. Something was lost in transit because the original reads clean.

Well that paper is pretty long, but it definitely suggests a much higher rate of police use of lethal force against minorities, almost 50%. And suggests the complexities of analyzing the data on the use of non lethal force against minorities on a higher rate than against whites. Around 26% more likely to incur non lethal force.

I dont know how anyone couldnt conclude, after even scanning that, that racial inequality against minorities, by police, is a very real thing.

The paper also suggests it being a cultural issue, and yes, thats probably true. But this is a dang FOOTBALL thread. This is about CK as a quarterback, so his politics ought to be a side note.

I fully support his right to protest, what is clearly a real issue in America. I also dont think Tyrod is any better than him as a QB.

These Kaepernick threads are brutal though.

Edited by Lex Lyon

End thread now please. You cry when I use the word fanboy but get to call the president a racist ?

This is nonsense.

I don't "cry." I just don't understand why you continually need to resort to ad hominem attacks when people don't agree with you. I think you should logically present your case without attacking people.

And I'm sorry I insulted the president. When I was an officer in the army, I took an oath, "I will not lie, cheat, or steal; nor tolerate those who do." Character means a lot to me. So it disappoints me when we as a nation keep electing politicians with questionable characters. But, admittedly, none of that disappointment should show up on a Bills message board. It's irrelevant.

And that's kind of what I think about Kaep's protests. They're irrelevant to him as a Bill. The only question that matters to me is would he be a capable backup. I am convinced that he's not starter material. I'm not convinced he can't be a valuable backup in the right system.

Edited by hondo in seattle

my god i am embarrassed for most of ya'll. such vitriol for a backup qb that means nothing that hasn't been discussed 1,000 times and got ugly before. whats going to change now except new members are going to be sucked in to it? kaepernick threads are worse than him starting at qb.

jesus, just sad that we can't learn this for the 1,000 thread.

my god i am embarrassed for most of ya'll. such vitriol for a backup qb that means nothing that hasn't been discussed 1,000 times and got ugly before. whats going to change now except new members are going to be sucked in to it? kaepernick threads are worse than him starting at qb.

jesus, just sad that we can't learn this for the 1,000 thread.

You = fan. Thread = flame.🔥