Any way you slice it Kaepernick represents good value

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kaepernick breaks off an 80 yard TD run and doesn't pant or hit the oxygen mask

He obviously works pretty hard to be in such elite shape.

I don't love him but he's just as good as our qb.

....so if he walks on water, how come no invites yet?......hell even Vince Young (SERIOUSLY?) signed in the CFL...OR......is this the unofficial "one year NFL blackball" similar to what Incognito endured??.......

While your at it you could boycott Hawaii as well..

I had not thought of that.

Bunch of Island Foreigners, where the SS Minnow shipwrecked halfway to Japan

Except that he stinks. He was figured out by the league and is not good enough. Get a backup that can come in and not lose you the game for a change. Plenty of professional accurate passers that we could bring in.

no there aren't !

....so if he walks on water, how come no invites yet?......hell even Vince Young (SERIOUSLY?) signed in the CFL...OR......is this the unofficial "one year NFL blackball" similar to what Incognito endured??.......

Politics is strong in the NFL.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/03/colin_kaepernick_ignored_by_th.html#incart_river_index

• Super Bowl experience
  • great wheels
  • still in his prime

Politics aside the guy can still play and yes I was at the 49ers game last year. This would be a no risk acquisition with all upside and I would support it.

He can't play quarterback and has terribly regressed once teams figured him out, never having an answer for that. He represents a terrible signing.

Yea I missed the "walks on water" part.

I don't endorse him as a qb but he's done more than "any of our qb's since Kelly !"

He pantsed Aaron Rogers in a playoff game.

If this thread is supposed to be about who the Bills should sign as a back-up quarterback... I'm really not sure that Kaepernick is the right guy. I also highly doubt that he's even consider playing in Buffalo after the reception that he got during this past season's game at the "Ralph".

Personally... I would much rather see someone like Chase Daniel get the job. The ideal back-up should have some game experience, the ability to perform capably if the starter goes down in a game... or for a few games, be a good team mate and not create an immediate starting quarterback controversy and lastly have a similar skillset as the starter (in this case some escape ability versus being a pure pocket passer) so the whole scheme doesn't need to be changed if he has to play.

The problem is... most decent players only want to play. It's hard to find, develop and keep a guy like Frank Reich.

It's nice to know that this board still has its QB priorities in order. Based on the threads I've had the honor to read over the years, any prospective QB, regardless of talent, has to:

1) love dogs

2) have stood for the anthem his entire life

Edited by benderbender

Except that he stinks. He was figured out by the league and is not good enough. Get a backup that can come in and not lose you the game for a change. Plenty of professional accurate passers that we could bring in.

In a thread about CKs value and people calling for other options instead there sure hasn't been a lot of talk about how much he'd cost or who those guys are.

Who are all these qbs you think fill the role?

You answered your own question, baggage. For any team to sign him they have to believe that the talent outweighs the baggage.

Kaepernick is a hypocrite. Now that his career is on the line, his agent announces that he will stand for the national anthem. He showed his big balls last year, but now that his maneuver has played out as most everyone thought it would, his big balls have become pebbles. He should rot on the vine.

nah, he's a pr nightmare for bigots. funny, silent protest equals hatred for america, and freedom, but rapists, abusers and drug addicts = SIGN 'EM, please, go make love to your confederate flag.

Kap Helps Acquire Place to Deliver Food to Somalia

His "protest" was !@#$ing stupid. If he felt this strongly about it you would think he'd have taken the time to educate himself before drawing national attention to his cause.

And his assertion that the US is a racist and oppressive country is both ignorant and offensive. And then polluting NFL Sundays with his vaccuous crap made it all the worse. He's a POS and quite frankly so are his fans.

Edited by Rob's House

It's nice to know that this board still has its QB priorities in order. Based on the threads I've had the honor to read over the years, any prospective QB, regardless of talent, has to:

1) love dogs

2) have stood for the anthem his entire life

It's easy to make an argument look silly when you oversimplify and mischaracterize it.

Kaepernick is a hypocrite. Now that his career is on the line, his agent announces that he will stand for the national anthem. He showed his big balls last year, but now that his maneuver has played out as most everyone thought it would, his big balls have become pebbles. He should rot on the vine.

Maybe. Or perhaps standing up to angry racists and the uneducated can be an exhausting task. He made his point and now he wants to move on.