Are the Bills hoping another team signs Gillislee?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buffalo had the #1 rush offense the last 2 years, why wouldn't a team be interested in Gillislee? Denver could stand some help in the run department, a lack of it really affected their offense and Tampa needs help as well. I don't think that it's too far of a reach for a team like them to step up and consider a proven veteran RB that wouldn't break the bank for them.

http://www.espn.com/blog/denver-broncos/post/_/id/25567/to-lift-offense-broncos-know-they-must-improve-run-game

Buffalo had the #1 rush offense the last 2 years, why wouldn't a team be interested in Gillislee? Denver could stand some help in the run department, a lack of it really affected their offense and Tampa needs help as well. I don't think that it's too far of a reach for a team like them to step up and consider a proven veteran RB that wouldn't break the bank for them.

http://www.espn.com/blog/denver-broncos/post/_/id/25567/to-lift-offense-broncos-know-they-must-improve-run-game

it isn't so much a question of whether they are interested, but rather do they want to give up a 5th and pay decent money that Bills wouldn't match for a guy who has never been more than a backup. There are still proven starting caliber RBs on the market and a draft full of excellent RB prospects. Gillislee might be a good starter, but it would only be a projection at this point. And not every team has this good of an OL. Edited by YoloinOhio

Gillislee was a huge part of last year's running success.

If the Bills let him go, it would be a head scratcher to me. He became one of my favorite Bills last season.

So the Bills can't get rid of any player if they are your favorite?

B.c like I said before the huge holes he ran through don't come with him.

Unlike most posters here.

Could be one of these guys the Bills offered a long term contract too, but he wanted to test the market. Once he realizes no offers coming, he will come back and sign an extension with Buffalo. I'm assuming there are no rules agaisnt offering an extension to a player you just tendered??

no, in fact the Bills are reportedly actively trying to sign him to an extension. I'm sure that's why they used the 5th round tender instead of the 2nd round.

The FO has a good track record with RFA tenders and have shown patience and mostly accurate judgment on a players value. I agree they would likely match a reasonable offer for Gillislee.

But, but, but, Hogan...

OBD is playing this just like the Groy situation...offer him a low tender, see what the market dictates and then if he gets an offer sheet decide if it is worth matching or not. Not a bad strategy!

yep, because I think they wanted to sign both long term and this will factor into the negotiations. They think MG is worth a 5th and the amount tied to that, which is pretty good for a backup in the soft RB market.

yep, because I think they wanted to sign both long term and this will factor into the negotiations. They think MG is worth a 5th and the amount tied to that, which is pretty good for a backup in the soft RB market.

...Groy strategy worked and I'd bet Mike G works as well........BOTH benefit Bflo.................

So the Bills can't get rid of any player if they are your favorite?

Preferably, Beef.

They already got rid of my favorite WR (Woods) and my favorite special teams player (Sanborn).

I've got feelings too, you know.

Hoenstly at first I was a little surprised they only tendered Gilly at the 5th round amount but with a little time passing now it seems like the wise move. We want him and are working to extend him but the RB market is soft right now and it looks like we may get to keep him for a few years at a very reasonable price.

The FO has a good track record with RFA tenders and have shown patience and mostly accurate judgment on a players value. I agree they would likely match a reasonable offer for Gillislee.

Uh, no.

They badly blew it with Hogan last year.

He had a very good connection on the deep ball with Tyrod and they really missed that with Watkins and Woods banged up......to save a fraction of what they paid a washed up Reggie Bush to be a spare part.

My concern with Gillislee is that a 5th rounder this year is essentially a 6th because of the huge amount of comp picks in rounds 3 and 4.

If I am interested in MG.......I wait......let the Bills think that they are going to get MG locked up cheap.........then put in a late offer.

There is a psychology to bidding.......when someone thinks they have something locked up cheap they often get knocked off their game by a late offer.

If someone comes in with a 3 year $10M deal for MG I think he's gone.....and with this being a run based offense with poor WR talent and a 29 year old starting RB they really can't afford to let him go just yet, IMO.

Part of it's ego as am sure other teams feel they can get something better than Mike in a 5th Round pick or something similar for less cap a space and less NFL mileage. Also he doesn't play much on special teams which limits his value too. That said he's a valuable player here and hope we lock him up to a three year deal as our primary backup. Edited by The Jokeman