Are the Bills hoping another team signs Gillislee?

Let the market negotiate for him, if a team decides to overpay a bit for him then pocket a 5th round pick, if the contract is reasonable sign him. I like him as a backup and I think at a fair price he is a great player to have behind Shady but insure yourself a decent pick if some team falls in love with him and wants to overpay.

I think that the tender was the right one it's a decent enough pick where you feel as though you are getting something for him but yet not high enough to ward off teams completely.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If all teams went by that stat he would have gotten an offer sheet in the first wave of free agents.

The impact of Tyrod Taylor on the running game is not lost on the league..........nobody would expect 5.5 ypc from Buffalo's RB's if put on their roster.

Uh, no.

They badly blew it with Hogan last year.

He had a very good connection on the deep ball with Tyrod and they really missed that with Watkins and Woods banged up......to save a fraction of what they paid a washed up Reggie Bush to be a spare part.

My concern with Gillislee is that a 5th rounder this year is essentially a 6th because of the huge amount of comp picks in rounds 3 and 4.

If I am interested in MG.......I wait......let the Bills think that they are going to get MG locked up cheap.........then put in a late offer.

There is a psychology to bidding.......when someone thinks they have something locked up cheap they often get knocked off their game by a late offer.

If someone comes in with a 3 year $10M deal for MG I think he's gone.....and with this being a run based offense with poor WR talent and a 29 year old starting RB they really can't afford to let him go just yet, IMO.

U disagree. Hogan wouldn't have made a lick of difference to us last year. Offense wasn't our issue.

This should not be an issue for the Bills, but once again they create an issue.

You cannot rebuild every unit every year.

example....Seattle has kept the majority of their D backs in tact through out the past 5 years and worked on other areas each season.

We had a good D back field coming along and suddenly we now have only of the 4 left. regardless of reason (salary or injury) you must keep your strengths to allow you drafting and focus on your weak areas. 3 years ago we had so many up and coming wide receivers and tight ends we cut people like Hogan and lost Chandler and started playing with a strength position to the point we were so desperate we had to pay Harvin $2m for 6 catches (as I recall). That took time away from working omn other weak areas.

Last year RB was a strength of this team. Now we rip it apart and spend countless amounts of energy and perhaps a draft choice that needs to be spent elsewhere.

We are doing the same with LB's rather than working on the created wideout weakness and the Oline.

These constant efforts to destroy your own strengths come at great costs. 17 years no playoffs.

U disagree. Hogan wouldn't have made a lick of difference to us last year. Offense wasn't our issue.

No question defense was the bigger problem but they'd have scored more in that stretch where Sammy was out........Tyrod literally stopped throwing the ball deep without Watkins out there healthy.

The cost to retain Hogan would have been about $1M more to put compensation on him........not doing so left them with only 2 solid NFL WR in Watkins and Woods.......the rest were other teams cuts and Goodwin.

As I said......they then turned around and wasted $3M on Reggie Bush.

It was poorly handled.......they weren't deep enough to not pay their #3 WR that paltry sum when they had nothing but fringe NFL players behind him.

This should not be an issue for the Bills, but once again they create an issue.

You cannot rebuild every unit every year.

example....Seattle has kept the majority of their D backs in tact through out the past 5 years and worked on other areas each season.

We had a good D back field coming along and suddenly we now have only of the 4 left. regardless of reason (salary or injury) you must keep your strengths to allow you drafting and focus on your weak areas. 3 years ago we had so many up and coming wide receivers and tight ends we cut people like Hogan and lost Chandler and started playing with a strength position to the point we were so desperate we had to pay Harvin $2m for 6 catches (as I recall). That took time away from working omn other weak areas.

Last year RB was a strength of this team. Now we rip it apart and spend countless amounts of energy and perhaps a draft choice that needs to be spent elsewhere.

We are doing the same with LB's rather than working on the created wideout weakness and the Oline.

These constant efforts to destroy your own strengths come at great costs. 17 years no playoffs.

what are you ranting about? We didnt dismantle our run unit...we have the same exact EVERYTHING except we changed to a more versatile and athletic FB (who is an equally as good blocker)...

soooo, whats your point here?

17 comp picks added to the ends of round 3 and 4.......so better than a half round of additional players off the board before round 5 even starts.

happens every year, nothing different in the value of 5th round picks than it was 10 years ago.

what are you ranting about? We didnt dismantle our run unit...we have the same exact EVERYTHING except we changed to a more versatile and athletic FB (who is an equally as good blocker)...

soooo, whats your point here?

where is Gillislee....

where is Gillislee....

currently, on our team

whats hard to understand about a restricted free agent status? We put a contract out to him, he is forced to play under that contract, if another team offers him a contract instead, the Bills have the right to match it and keep him - which I would fully expect us to do...

Use a tissue and sop up your tears and fear not

happens every year, nothing different in the value of 5th round picks than it was 10 years ago.

Comp picks happen every year........but all fifth round picks are later this year than ever before........later picks = less value.

17 picks is more than half of a round of comp picks before round 5......more than twice as many as were awarded in 2015, for example.