What's your gut feeling?

Billsfed

I think we're due. There's not a whole lot of teams i put ahead of us TBH. I mean who in the AFC do your really put ahead of the Bills in a roster assessment? The Patriots obviously, the Steelers (although that's close) and maybe the Raiders??

What we really need is those guys on the outside to go to work. I'd like to see SJ come back on a cheap deal and see this kolby listenbee prospect become more than a mystery.

We know what we have in certain things. The run game will be there...we have a legit #1 WR that alot of teams don't have.

My gut feeling is McDermott knows what he's doing right now and is with the times

I liked Chan, Marrone and to a lesser extent Jauron but you get the sense that these guys never had the whole picture and squandered their opportunity. They all had the right idea but went about it the wrong way IMO. Sean to me seems like a combination of rex and the hard-nosed approach that all coaches should have. Based on everything i read about him he seems to know when to be the friend yet also knows when to be the boss. Rex only wanted to be the friend. You won't win consistently with that.

I just don't get that vibe with this young blood. Looks like the right guy for Buffalo, and it's long, loooooongg overdue

Edited by Billsfed

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we're due. There's not a whole lot of teams i put ahead of us TBH. I mean who in the AFC do your really put ahead of the Bills in a roster assessment? The Patriots obviously, the Steelers (although that's close) and maybe the Raiders??

What we really need is those guys on the outside to go to work. I'd like to see SJ come back on a cheap deal and see this kolby listenbee prospect become more than a mystery.

We know what we have in certain things. The run game will be there...we have a legit #1 WR that alot of teams don't have.

My gut feeling is McDermott knows what he's doing right now and is with the times

I liked Chan, Marrone and to a lesser extent Jauron but you get the sense that these guys never had the whole picture and squandered their opportunity. They all had the right idea but went about it the wrong way IMO. Sean to me seems like a combination of rex and the hard-nosed approach that all coaches should have. Based on everything i read about him he seems to know when to be the friend yet also knows when to be the boss. Rex only wanted to be the friend. You won't win consistently with that.

I just don't get that vibe with this young blood. Looks like the right guy for Buffalo, and it's long, loooooongg overdue

I guess it's true when they say that green beer will make you see nothing but sunshine.:)

I see possible growing pains of a first year coach like clock management, challenge flag etc. Frazier should be decent DC. The O might struggle as Denver scored 66 less points than the Bills last year

The AFC South is still the weakest division. I could see any of the four teams winning. None of them stand out to me.

It would not surprise me at all if Oakland regressed a bit this year. They are also in the toughest division in the AFC. Denver and KC could easily knock them off.

I think Bills make the playoffs. Nah. We have no WRs. We blew the best chance we had in years, last year. It's rather unreal. But if they do make the playoffs, half the fans will be screaming... "TT will get you to the playoffs but not the superbowl. Rebuild!! "

I think it will take another season with the draft and FA to start putting a stamp on this McDermott roster. I think we'd be blind if we said we got better on defense after losing our best CB in Gilmore, I like the Micah Hyde signing a lot and think he will admirably fill the Aaron Williams loss. The other FS position looks like it will be filled by either a rookie or an average player. This defense was a horrible tackling team and it's essentially the same team without Zach Brown/Gilmore so I'm not sure what to think of that, did we forget how to tackle because Rex Ryan was HC? Hopefully guys will be held more accountable if they miss on tackles/late to meetings etc.

On offense again it's essentially the same team minus our #2 WR Woods and we got even more concerns at WR imo than last season, I mean if Watkins gets hurt this team is in deep trouble and that's with any rookie we sign included since it's one of the more harder positions to grasp right away. Were gearing up for a monster running season, 2 fullbacks, Gillislee back, Jonathan Williams. Were setting ourselves up in the draft for either a WR or CB imo, I'm fine with either but if we do go WR I'd like to open up the pass game more, let Tyrod be bad or good but don't hold back any longer.

I think we'll be in the same mix as last year... 6-10-, 7-9 or 8-8 imo

My gut feeling has been wrong 17 years running, so I'm not sure how much credence to give it.

That said...my gut feeling is 9-7 and a lot of encouragement going into next year. Next year 11-5 and, at long last, an end to the playoff drought.

As you say the Patriots and Steelers. I suspect Houston with a QB upgrade, and maybe the Titans are on the rise along with dare I say Doug Marrone's Jaguars team. Doug's timing might be good here and regardless of how many personally feel about him he is not a bad coach. They've made a lot of moves to improve an already good defense and if their offense can improve they could be tough. Maybe the AFC South will be the most competitive division.

I'm not sure the Raiders can duplicate their performance but they appear to be the off-season favorite in the West. KC, Denver, Cinn, Ravens sliding. Maybe the Chargers make some noise out West? Can the Dolphins fix their defense in one off-season? Cleveland has all those draft picks and if they choose wisely they should improve.

As for the Bills McDermott is a major contrast to Ryan's bluster. He seems organized, in control, and following some plan here. Until we see some play on the field it's hard to say what kind of impact he's going to have but my 'gut' tells me he's a 'real' NFL level coach for the Bills for the 1st time in a long time.

The Bills could be fighting for a wild card spot but if Brady goes over the 'age' cliff this season, because when it's going to happen it will happen real fast, then things could get interesting in the East. They still have Jimmy G. and maybe its me but I am not as sold on him as most experts and people in general seem to be. He played well in two games last year against two of the worst defenses. For me I rewind back to the Bills getting suckered by Jacksonville in the Rob Johnson trade for a similar situation and I get the same feeling here that he's hyped up.

My gut feeling has been wrong 17 years running, so I'm not sure how much credence to give it.

That said...my gut feeling is 9-7 and a lot of encouragement going into next year. Next year 11-5 and, at long last, an end to the playoff drought.

For me its just too early....I need to see the O and D rosters we are taking into training camp

A lot of things have to go right.....but they can