What's your gut feeling?

Billsfed

I feel the team will end up with a better record than last years 7-9.

So lets start at 8-8 ... If the rest of free agency nets us a couple of good players and our draft nets us a couple of instant starters I could see 9-7 ... If the team can stay somewhat healthy, particularly, Sammy, Tyrod, Shady and our lines, I could see 10-6 and a possible wild card.

If our defense or another teams can end Brady's season early, the sky is the limit.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tough schedule, but I think the Bills could sweep the NFC south. McDermott knows the division and has the element of surprise with his new team.

I think the Bills can manage at least 3-3 in the AFCE.

My gut feeling...9-7.

And I'm generally and optimist.

7 or 8 wins The roster is incomplete and it is a new system with many new players. More often than not that leads to a non playoff team. My only hope is that Rex was even worse than we thought and that the talent on the team responds to the new coaching staff and system.

Edited by dgrochester55

Huh...first time I've seen this hot take

What about him?

Really only from my son who knows (of him)...... doesn't know him personally, but does know a scout on staff. Says he's a bend don't break, take it to the 4th Qtr. , kick the winning field goal type personality. Like I said, hope I'm wrong. If we're good I don't care if he's a Chuck Knox (for those old enough to remember) clone. But bad and boring would ehh, not fun.

Your getting optimistic Ryan, usually you are at 4-12

I've done the optimist thing for over a decade. I'm taking this year off. Ha!

Really only from my son who knows (of him)...... doesn't know him personally, but does know a scout on staff. Says he's a bend don't break, take it to the 4th Qtr. , kick the winning field goal type personality. Like I said, hope I'm wrong. If we're good I don't care if he's a Chuck Knox (for those old enough to remember) clone. But bad and boring would ehh, not fun.

Yep 5-11. No wonder the guy wanted to keep "him"

I'm liking McD more and more every day. If we're going with the gut here then mine tells me this guy has something to get excited about. He seems very confident and in control and doesn't need bluster (Rex) to fake it.

I don't know about this season but I think they finally got the right guy for the future. We shall see.

I think New England, Pittsburgh, Oakland, Kansas City, Denver, Miami, Houston are all clearly more talented than us. I think Tennessee, Baltimore & Jacksonville are also very likely more talented than us, Baltimore and Jacksonville's defenses are light years ahead of ours, Tennessee is likely on par with us unless Mariota makes a dramatic step forward, which is possible. We likely have more overall talent than Indy and the Chargers but their QBs are light years ahead of ours.

The only teams I think we are clearly better than is Cleveland, the Jets and Cincinnati. I struggle to see 7 wins on our schedule, I'm not sure there's more than 3 games Vegas would favor us in. It's entirely possible McD is a great coach and everything clicks, but we've had a pretty substantial talent drain from where we were a couple of years ago.

Imo the draft will determine the direction in which this team heads.

I have seen the Bills in this situation (recently departed first round corner) many, many times. If we jump on a replacement at #10 in this deep corner draft, the situation will get worse.

I am all about using our best draft resources on qb, wr, blockers and pass rushers. Whaley traded away picks so trading down would seem to be a good move if we can get the right price.

Imo the draft will determine the direction in which this team heads.

I have seen the Bills in this situation (recently departed first round corner) many, many times. If we jump on a replacement at #10 in this deep corner draft, the situation will get worse.

I am all about using our best draft resources on qb, wr, blockers and pass rushers. Whaley traded away picks so trading down would seem to be a good move if we can get the right price.

Honestly watching Gilmore walk has be more down on this franchise than I have been in a long long time. Our cap situation is such that we could have retained him and the books get much more clear next year, I understand disputing his value, but it's clear he's a very good player in the midst of his prime. Every argument I've seen made for letting him walk is bunk IMO and you are exactly right, using high draft resources to replace him at the cost of positions that have gone unaddressed for a long time leaves us no better off. Either we are a franchise that values corners with high draft picks and we retain the ones who can play, or we don't value them and need to stop using picks on them, but QB, WR, RT have been problems on this team for the better part of 2 decades.

The OP stated, we have a #1 WR, that other teams don't have?

Sorry, I disagree

10 of the 15 AFC teams, namely Pitt, NE, Mia, Indy, Den, Balt, KC, Hou, Cinn, and Oak, all have quality #1 WR's

jc

Baltimore has a "quality" #1 WR?