Report: Seahawks Open to Trading Richard Sherman

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we are thinking CB at 10, I'm giving that pick all day to the Seahawks for Sherman, he is a great fit at a very reasonable price and still has a good 3 years left of his prime years, give or take imo.

is he a great fit? i dont know much about defensive schemes, but i thought sherman's specialty was playing on an island / man, while mcd mostly runs zone

is he a great fit? i dont know much about defensive schemes, but i thought sherman's specialty was playing on an island / man, while mcd mostly runs zone

Safety help and cover 3. He'd be a much better fit than Gilmore.

If Darby returned to form, Hyde/Sherman/Darby/S would go from a mediocre group to very solid.

If we are thinking CB at 10, I'm giving that pick all day to the Seahawks for Sherman, he is a great fit at a very reasonable price and still has a good 3 years left of his prime years, give or take imo.

The Bills CAN'T WIN RIGHT NOW. Why in the world would you give up #10 pick and youth for someone who will take you NOWHERE.

I'm with papazoid. Some mocks have us, for example, taking Deshaun Watson in the first round.

And he could work out. Then again, the probability is that Watson would never become a starter. Whoever we draft at that position is a crap shoot - someone we'll hope becomes a Pro Bowler but may not pan out. Just look at the history of Bills 1st round draft picks.

Sherman, on the other hand, is a proven commodity. He's already a Pro Bowler - at a position of need for us.

My only concern is that Sherman is 29, he's not over-the-hill but not young either.

I'm with papazoid. Some mocks have us, for example, taking Deshaun Watson in the first round.

And he could work out. Then again, the probability is that Watson would never become a starter. Whoever we draft at that position is a crap shoot - someone we'll hope becomes a Pro Bowler but may not pan out. Just look at the history of Bills 1st round draft picks.

Sherman, on the other hand, is a proven commodity. He's already a Pro Bowler - at a position of need for us.

My only concern is that Sherman is 29, he's not over-the-hill but not young either.

I wouldn't give up much more than our 3rd this year and a conditional 5th next year. Injuries and 29 at a position that players don't typically play elite much past their early 30's doesn't make for a long term solution. So realistically you would probably be hoping for 2-3 elite seasons out of Sherman were you to trade for him, optimistically maybe 4. But you could also run the risk of getting 1 or 0 good seasons out of him.

With a 10th overall selection you could get a player that is in his prime for 6-10 years and is much cheaper the first 4-5 years of his career. If I am going to sink draft picks into a somewhat short term prospect I am not going to put a 1st round pick into it and I would be very very hesitant to put a 2nd rounder into it.

Being that we are very thin at corner a 3rd round pick and a conditional 5th (That could escalate to a 4th) next year would make sense. Not sure Seattle would do it at a decent but not spectacular price for a very very good player but the Bills can not afford to overpay super valuable draft choices into aging veteran players who might be very good but at best only for a short term burst.

If The Pats feel that they are a bit more win now and are willing to throw out a 2nd round pick and more then fine go for it. The Bills should throw a bid that they are comfortable with and just stick to that price.

Edited by billsfan89

Not that I want Sherman but there's a place in every defense for a great man coverage CB.

Say what you want about Dickie boy but the guy is a winner. You can win with him. He will elevate the play of others around him because he does the things that winners do. That guy that went to the Pats? He would benefit from being around a guy like Dick. Another poster explained this much more eloquently before. I would take Sherman over Gilmore any day but both together would mean serious trouble.

Richard Sherman trade between the Buffalo Bills and Seattle Seahawks could look like this

Hmmm...

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2017/4/5/15197906/richard-sherman-trade-buffalo-bills-seattle-seahawks-pete-carroll-john-schneider-cyrus-kouandjio

Ridiculous!! If that trade happened they'd build a statue of Doug Whaley. Maybe they will throw in Kam Chancellor if we include Blake Annen? Edited by Kirby Jackson