Report: Seahawks Open to Trading Richard Sherman

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm well aware of the fact that he's not a free agent. That said, he would have to accept a trade to come here, which I sincerely doubt he would. He would probably prefer to retire than come here.

I don't think you know what a trade is...

Edited by Crayola64

I wonder what the Seahawks price would be? He's a perfect fit in this defense but I have no clue what the asking price would be.

what about a 2nd? that might get it done. Although with so many good young secondary players in the draft, it may be hard to justify. Trade MD? Draft a DL if one falls to you (as did to me below).

This draft is deep at CB , I would not trade a 1st or good player for a high priced contract . jmo

If he were a FA , yes

yeah this is the issue i'm having. Would love to have him, but the opportunity cost may be too high. I think a team like the Steelers who have a short contender window could make a trade for him.

You have to think WHY Hawks are looking to trade him. Isn't he supposed to be a cornerstone of their secondary? Has he become a problem in that tight-knit locker room? You have to remember why Harvin got sent away. I would not be interested. Besides isn't McD's D supposed to de-emphasize the secondary?

You have to think WHY Hawks are looking to trade him. Isn't he supposed to be a cornerstone of their secondary? Has he become a problem in that tight-knit locker room? You have to remember why Harvin got sent away. I would not be interested. Besides isn't McD's D supposed to de-emphasize the secondary?

They are not looking to trade them. The report is that they are open to it if they got a "fair" offer. With his accolades, "fair" is going to be expensive. As previously mentioned in this thread, this is likely the case for 95% of players in the league. You throw a boatload of picks at just about anyone and you'll get a bite here and there.

Sherman can take away a third of the field on his own. There are years of film and stats out there that emphasize this point. I think every coach in the league would be happy to incorporate that into their scheme.

Edited by TheElectricCompany

I would trade this years 2nd and a 5th next year. I wouldn't trade pick 10. Sherman is a good still relatively young player on a reasonable contract for his skills and he fits the scheme. A high 2nd rounder and then a mid round pick next year is a decent amount to give up but I think Sherman and Darby is a great 1-2 combo to have on the outside.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure every player in the league would be available for the right price, save maybe a handful of real young QBs. The nfl overvalues draft picks in such a disgusting way, that you could probably get any player in the league for 2 firsts and 2 seconds. Outside of Winston, Luck and maybe Carr I bet everyone is "available"

You'd never get Brady, Rodgers or Russell Wilson either