Justin Hunter Gone

RyanC883

The Bills signed who they wanted to sign. If they wanted Justin Hunter back, they would have squared that contract away already.

That being said, I expect Justin Hunter back on the Bills for opening day. :D

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 catches last year, but 4 for TD's. This is another indictment on TT. I'm glad TT is back (nothing else out there). But TT REALLY needs to step it up this year and read the entire field instead of locking in on one guy. I see Hunter getting 7+ TD's with the Steelers next season.

I hope we don't reach and go WR at #10.

http://www.espn.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/90889/justin-hunters-size-and-speed-intriguing-for-steelers-offense

I am actually pissed about this. not sure why.

seemed like an easy signing though

as i recall, hunters drop statistics were pretty bad. so he cant be relied on as a regular in the rotation, just mainly a touchdown beanpole

Isn't that enough though ?

4rth team since 2015. Yeah, must be an "indictment" of TT.

The heart is a lonely hunter...

Very profound musing Weo ; )

seriously

Yeah the Steelers are gonna win the championship now that they've picked up Hunter and his 1.25 catch per game average. How did we ever let such a talent get away?

the way some see it - When Hunter was used he did OK, he caught 43.5% of the passes thrown in his direction*. With those 10 catches he had 4 TD's which is 40%. Some would say that is pretty good.

Year Team G Rec Yds Avg Yds/G Lng TD 20+ 40+ 1st FUM

2016 Bills 12 10 189 18.9 15.8 64 4 3 1 10 0

TD's scored Charles Clay 4, Justin Hunter 4, Marquise Goodwin 3, Sammy Watkins 2, Woods, McCoy, Gillislee and Salas 1 each.

Transplant likes to break down stats, maybe he can verify how many true "drops" he had versus uncatchable balls.

Dropped Passes: 2016 NFL Season *

https://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2016/

According to Sporting charts Hunter had zero drops

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

You have a number one WR? You're advocating using a top 10 pick on WR2? That's bad, I don't care who the QB is.

A few years ago, the Rams had Isaac Bruce, who at the time was a top ten receiver, and they selected Torry Holt with a top six or seven pick. At the time, I thought it was a very odd selection. It turns out that pick (plus lucking out with Kurt Warner) won the Rams a Super Bowl.

OP: An indictment on TT...

What?

Cannot believe the "fanbase" on here has really gotten that rediculous. Hogan leaves and everyone throws a fit as he has nearly an identical year with Brady as he did with Taylor. Now we "lose" a guy that only had 10 catches last year despite a decimation at the position, and the sky is falling again...

Must be a really rough life when tiny crap like this sends folks into a tizzy.

Geez

This one is kind of disappointing. I know Hunter isn't a WR #2 and probably isn't even a WR #3, but he was the only WR on the team that managed to consistently find the end zone. Oh well! I'm sure the price tag wasn't much, so the Bills could have re-signed him if they wanted, which makes me think he was probably never part of their plan going forward.

Hunter is a great end zone Target but there's a reason he only had 10 receptions. He's known as a very suspect route runner with inconsistent hands.

....yup....was in TT's "Witness Protection Program"......invisible to him like most of the WR's & TE's....Dennison better fix this ASAP...............

the way some see it - When Hunter was used he did OK, he caught 43.5% of the passes thrown in his direction*. With those 10 catches he had 4 TD's which is 40%. Some would say that is pretty good.

Year Team G Rec Yds Avg Yds/G Lng TD 20+ 40+ 1st FUM

2016 Bills 12 10 189 18.9 15.8 64 4 3 1 10 0

TD's scored Charles Clay 4, Justin Hunter 4, Marquise Goodwin 3, Sammy Watkins 2, Woods, McCoy, Gillislee and Salas 1 each.

Transplant likes to break down stats, maybe he can verify how many true "drops" he had versus uncatchable balls.

Dropped Passes: 2016 NFL Season *

https://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2016/

According to Sporting charts Hunter had zero drops

Yeah I don't recall him dropping any balls either. What I do recall is seeing him wide open in the middle of the field while TT attempted to force feed his target of the day.

Hunter is a great end zone Target but there's a reason he only had 10 receptions. He's known as a very suspect route runner with inconsistent hands.

That reason is TT. TT is also the reason that Clay is criminally underutilized.

Wtf... Bills got a better WR anyway.

would that be Holmes, who is signed, then not signed.....or whatever nonsense is being reported.

Congrats to another wideout for getting away from Trent Taylor.

Flourish young man flourish.

A wideout that isn't anyones household name, and yet he had four TDs for his limited time here. terrible, just terrible. SMH.

....yup....was in TT's "Witness Protection Program"......invisible to him like most of the WR's & TE's....Dennison better fix this ASAP...............

How did Watkins have a breakout year in 2015 when he was healthy?

Yeah I don't recall him dropping any balls either. What I do recall is seeing him wide open in the middle of the field while TT attempted to force feed his target of the day.

That reason is TT. TT is also the reason that Clay is criminally underutilized.

would that be Holmes, who is signed, then not signed.....or whatever nonsense is being reported.

And yet the offense was still top ten in scoring.

Sorry for the snarky response

I think I would like to use the 10th pick on the best player available at a position of need.....which I think is going to end up being Clemson's Williams or Corey Davis

To me it is not about finding WR2....it is about finding WR 1A which I think eiher of those pass catcher's are. I am tired of getting into the season and not having quality wrs to throw to because of injury. I fully expect Sammy Watkins to be available to us BUT just in case we need a quality guy that we can lean on in the passing game.

Now before I get the responses of "Well TT doesnt use them anyway" I would actually like to SEE a season of starting pass catcher's on the field before saying he cant use them.

I dont want a corner at 10.....that is spinning our wheels and there are good ones through the whole draft

we are good ont he DL

taking a qb at 10 would not be taking best player available

there are no LB's worthy of the 10th pick

LB Reuben Foster might easily turn out to be worth the 10th pick.

And while you're right that we'd be spinning our wheels grabbing a CB, the wheels have already spun when we let Gilmore go. You can't turn back time, they're spinning. CB, or safety for that matter, would be a good pick.

While I'm not against drafting either of those first two WRs if we like them, we've got a defensive head coach in his first year with a terrible defense last year. They are very likely to give McDermott something to get the defense going with the #10 pick if there's a reasonable way to do so with the BPA at that time.

And yet the offense was still top ten in scoring.

Yup. Top ten. Thank goodness the run game was good enough to compensate for the below average pass game, and the defense was under-the-radar good enough to get the offense the ninth-best average drive start in the league, even though the offense gave the defense only the 22nd best drive starts.

People keep pretending scoring is a QB stat. It's not. It's a stat about the whole offense, with probably 20 - 30% defense and STs thrown in.

Agreed, though, that Justin Hunter isn't a great route runner.

Edited by Thurman#1

He will def make the Steelers, and put up great numbers. But like someone else said, very happy he is not with New England.

Hmm, I bet the Pats are really disappointed that they had to "settle" for trading for Brandon Cooks.