Just a Hunch - Clearing Cap for Dont'A Hightower

BBills14

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

New England sports radio claimed he wants out of New England because he has already won 2 superbowls and HATES the COLD? (not kidding) He skipped the super bowl parade in Boston because it was to cold for him. He not coming to Buff.

Yes, but NE sports radio claims a lot of things on a daily basis that are really, really stupid.

Not liking the cold (even if true) isn't a reason to turn down an offer if it's substantially better than anyone else's.

I dont see the Bills making any big splash. They are cleansing their cap. Next year they will have a lot of space.

I agree with this. I think we'll end up filling the roster with minimum guys, UDFAs and cuts from other teams. We brought Hyde / DiMarco / Tolbert in from winning organizations to help change the culture. We need to build up the cheap young depth instead of pushing all in and hoping to be the only team in the league to stay completely healthy. Anyone who thinks this team is going to be closer to 13-3 than 3-13 is kidding themselves. This is a rebuilding year, whether "it's not what Kyle signed up for" or not.

New England sports radio claimed he wants out of New England because he has already won 2 superbowls and HATES the COLD? (not kidding) He skipped the super bowl parade in Boston because it was to cold for him. He not coming to Buff.

will be funny if he ends up with Atlanta. Hates the cold. Guess he could go to Oakland. That would make a scary D.

Isn't Mychal Kendricks from the Eagles available for a trade? Would he be a fit?

better be talking to him

IMO

will be funny if he ends up with Atlanta. Hates the cold. Guess he could go to Oakland. That would make a scary D.

Oakland would be fun for him

I dunno, 3-4 guys out 53 ain't gonna change no culture, lol, I was more hoping we brought them in to perform

And I having nothing negative to say about releasing veterans and clearing cap room, its a great plan

If that helped bring Lorax back, wonderful, great signing

However the plan will likely not work if it leaves us with less talented player wise going into 2017

We still have lots of money

So I am also hoping all these releases end up with us signing a bigger name FA to fill one of the many starting holes we now have

Especially if it's a #1 corner, and or #2-#3 WR

Though not against an #1 OLB either

That'll help us going into the draft

jc

I agree with this. I think we'll end up filling the roster with minimum guys, UDFAs and cuts from other teams. We brought Hyde / DiMarco / Tolbert in from winning organizations to help change the culture. We need to build up the cheap young depth instead of pushing all in and hoping to be the only team in the league to stay completely healthy. Anyone who thinks this team is going to be closer to 13-3 than 3-13 is kidding themselves. This is a rebuilding year, whether "it's not what Kyle signed up for" or not.

I don't know where they will be record wise, the schedule is tough. Offense is basically the same that has been top 10 in points.

Our DL is our strength, should do well under McDermott. If they can find DB's and LBs in UFA and the draft they can be a good team.

Hightower is no more a fit for this scheme than Ragland. They are both strong side linebackers in this scheme for me.

But those sayin Hightower is a 3-4 player.... New England have been mainly a 4-3 his whole career there. It is just a very different 4-3 to what McDermott runs.

Maybe bringing Hightower can help kickstart Dareus.

Having an Alabama buddy with him might make Dareus actually care about staying off the weed.

Just an observation by me.

Plus, Hightower would be a MASSIVE leader for this team.