We Loose On The Field And In The Offseason

wppete

I can be a harsh critic of our Bills, their seasonal record doesn't deserve much praise, and I can't disagree that the FA moves we've made so far seem tepid compared to most other teams, and 2 of the the teams in our division

There has been a talent loss on the offensive side, we are down both WR#2 and WR#3, and still have not solved our RT issue, though it is balanced a bit by an upgrade at FB and K, more marginal positions

There also been a larger talent loss on the defensive side, we are down an elite OLB, a #1CB, a nickel CB, and two starting S, though one was always injured, and I think we got an upgrade on the nickel CB in Hyde, and 2 free high draft picks in Ragland and Shaq

For those keeping track we currently enter the draft down 5 starters from 2016, and need an upgrade at RT, with only 3 high draft picks, so no question its a year of transition and maybe going into 2017 with a little less talent on the field, but hopefully a better managed team with a better D scheme, IMO it's not screaming playoffs

Though we do have to give it more time, it's only day 3 of FA, and a new regime, though I'll keep saying that with all this cap savings I'd like to see them spend it on 1-2 quality starting FA's, to say upgrade RT, or WR#3 from last year, if anything so us fans can look more forward to 2017, and see more talent on the playing field...

jc

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am really starting to get sick of whats going on with this team. We keep losing on the field, haven't been in the playoffs in 17 years and what kills me we lose in the off season every year to our rivals!!!! This year is a prime example. New England is killing us! Team that just won the Superbowl just destroyed us in the last few days in the off season. (too many things to even list here) The just made some huge trades for big time names and accumulated some picks and we are losing players left and right and signing Full backs!!!! We are getting out classed in every way. Even Cleveland in will pass us after this draft.

What a shame!!!!!!

a post like this doesnt get locked or deleted? my posts on how i thought sammy was ducking contact before he admitted his foot injury that season got deleted constantly but this is ok? a post saying that NE beats us??? and my posts were "tight" not even "loose" like this one.

I'm never a fan of going on a FA spree, it usually has serious cap implications later on, I think were spending the money wisely on character players who will make an impact right away, Hyde and Poyer will play all over the field in all different scenarios, same with Tolbert and Dimarco. I still don't like our RT/WR or CB situation but they can be filled via the draft or a low level FA, I would like the team to sign WR Victor Cruz as the slot WR, it was his bread & butter in NY and we have a need for a veteran WR, the guy comes with a SB ring.

I am really starting to get sick of whats going on with this team. We keep losing on the field, haven't been in the playoffs in 17 years and what kills me we lose in the off season every year to our rivals!!!! This year is a prime example. New England is killing us! Team that just won the Superbowl just destroyed us in the last few days in the off season. (too many things to even list here) The just made some huge trades for big time names and accumulated some picks and we are losing players left and right and signing Full backs!!!! We are getting out classed in every way. Even Cleveland in will pass us after this draft.

What a shame!!!!!!

You edited and it still came out this way?

You don't win games in the offseason, dumb thread. If this is what "Two Bills Drive" is like then I must've made a mistake coming here.

Oh, snap! Blistering hot take!

Let's take a look at OP's profile, shall we?

wppete's Profile

wppete's Photo

My Information

Group Members

Active Posts 205

Member Since 02-March 17

Last Active Today, 01:39 AM

Looks like he's one of yours, homeslice. Grab him on your way out, would ya?

You don't win games in the offseason, dumb thread. If this is what "Two Bills Drive" is like then I must've made a mistake coming here.

Your ONLY mistake is that you did not notice that the OP is a refugee too.

TBD has to suffer through the blight carried over from OBD.

Oh, snap! Blistering hot take!

Let's take a look at OP's profile, shall we?

wppete's Profile

wppete's Photo

My Information

Group Members

Active Posts 205

Member Since 02-March 17

Last Active Today, 01:39 AM

Looks like he's one of yours, homeslice. Grab him on your way out, would ya?

BillsMedia -- pwned.

When you win all the time and are picking so late in the draft you can gamble alittle bit with your draft picks. Paying Gilmore 14 million is a bit much. He will be done in NE in 2 years. Tracking the last pick in the draft for Cooks is basically using a 2nd rounder.

What else have they done?

I see your point, and it is a team game.

However at the end of the day, the QB has the ball in his hands the most. He is the most important player on the team for that reason alone.

Many drives died by his hand. He is a drive killer.

It's a team game, but it's still Taylor's fault.

It is kind of funny. Pats fans are always ridiculing bills and fins fans for the whole "we won the offseason " thing. But every pats blog and board I see today is jubilant about winning the offseason

they won the regular season too. Might be smart to keep the criticisms of the Pats and their fans to a minimum. They will win every argument.