Patriots Complete Trade for Brandin Cooks

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats my point...adding Cooks didn't suddenly put them out of reach for the Bills to win the division NE was going to win a min of 13 games next year. All Cooks is going to do is take catches away from others, but those catches were going to happen either way. Its not like the Pats were "1 receiver away from being a contender". I would have been more pissed if the Dolphins or Jets had gotten him.

@FieldYates

Brandin Cooks, Gronk, Edelman, Hogan, Mitchell, James White, Dion Lewis, Dwayne Allen. Good luck defending those pass catchers.

@FieldYates

Brandin Cooks, Gronk, Edelman, Hogan, Mitchell, James White, Dion Lewis, Dwayne Allen. Good luck defending those pass catchers.

Take Gronk out of there - and what are the chances he lasts the season - and that's a pretty average corps on any other team

NE saw that in the playoffs and SB , that they needed more speed and to get younger. They have done that again. They needed a fast outside receiver that was fast and they did that with Cooks. I think their defense will be faster and better, but we will see.

@FieldYates

Brady won 5 Super Bowls with Mediocre or less WR groups. He lost 2 Super Bowls with Elite Weapons.

Not saying he will lose now, saying his weapons don't matter, its Brady that matters and he will get the most out of whats there and be a SB Favorite every year until he retires. So I could care less about Cooks who playing with the most Prolific passer statistically over the last 3 years never managed to break 1200 yards as the primary Target and only put up 78 receptions this year. Not to mention, the Saints felt it was better to trade him than keep him despite he's still young.

Not gonna lose sleep over this...

Brady won 5 Super Bowls with Mediocre or less WR groups. He lost 2 Super Bowls with Elite Weapons.

Not saying he will lose now, saying his weapons don't matter, its Brady that matters and he will get the most out of whats there and be a SB Favorite every year until he retires. So I could care less about Cooks who playing with the most Prolific passer statistically over the last 3 years never managed to break 1200 yards as the primary Target and only put up 78 receptions this year. Not to mention, the Saints felt it was better to trade him than keep him despite he's still young.

Not gonna lose sleep over this...

this

Before everyone goes off the deep end here...lets remember Cooks has played his whole career with a QB who averaged 5000 yards per season during Cooks career in the NFL.

He's never had more than 84 catches, even as the primary target.

Had only 78 this year in 16 games.

Never had a 1200 yard season.

This is not Randy Moss part 2. Yes he is a talented WR, but lets not over react...its not like Cooks all of a sudden challenges Moss receiving records in NE. I mean he played with one of the most prolific passers in NFL history and still put up good but not great numbers.

AND...and this is a big AND...who cares. Until Brady retires, the Pats are one of the top 2 or 3 picks to win the SB every year. This didn't change anything.

Also a qb that spreads the ball a lot. He's a valuable weapon. No he's likely not a hall of gamer but he's very good

This is a perfect storm of players taking less money to win rings, and allowing the team to be able to make deals like this.

It's all possible because of Brady, both his skill, and willingness to get paid about half of what he's worth.

When Brady is gone NE fans will never ever see anything like this again, maybe no NFL fanbase will.

This is a perfect storm of players taking less money to win rings, and allowing the team to be able to make deals like this.

It's all possible because of Brady, both his skill, and willingness to get paid about half of what he's worth.

When Brady is gone NE fans will never ever see anything like this again, maybe no NFL fanbase will.

Well, cooks is also on a rookie contract, so that's not the case here

I have picked Cooks in FFL since he has been in the NFL. I have watched a lot of the Saints because of him and I can tell you right now that Bree's spreads the football to everyone. If Bree's focused on Cooks like Matt Ryan targets Jones he would put up massive numbers. Cooks really does undress CB's out there, he has Shadys agility but he also has elite speed and hands. I was hoping this trade never came to fruition. This sucks.

Saints now have two 1st round picks and two 3rd round picks.

They're also a team with a 38 year old QB.

Anyone wanting to trade back and still get their QB of choice in this draft does so at their own risk.

If you want a certain QB, pick him at #10.

The team that won the Super Bowl last year and wins the division every year, is not satisfied. They try to get better and find creative ways to add good players all of the time. They try and get better everyday. We are the furthest thing from set, and yet we are sitting around waiting for dust to settle to sign somebody's #5 receiver.

With SM as HC I like our direction. We're adding pieces. Making changes. I like.